Google to pay $10 million for good ideas

Google to pay $10 million for good ideas

There are 22 comments on the United Press International story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Google to pay $10 million for good ideas. In it, United Press International reports that:

Google Inc. says it will pay as much as $10 million for a fresh idea to help the world, the company said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at United Press International.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LyndaLBD

El Paso, TX

#1 Sep 25, 2008
I have an idea - I've even passed it on to the Corps of Engineers - through their web site - In El Paso, Tx, we have some arroyos that have been reconstructed into SAFE waterways. Arroys in this part of the country are dangerous when water is running down hill from rain storms. The city planners welded "cages" - blocks of steel, criss crossed in welding - attached all the cages together in a building blocks style, stepped down, with rocks inside of them all. This will allow sand and water based plants to settle between the rocks and start saving soil. The corps of Engineers could use these steel caged stepping blocks up and down the rivers and levees to strengthen them and thereby saving BILLIONS of dollars on rebuilding entire areas damaged by levee breaks. They make sense here, why not up and down the other parts of our country. El Paso Texas has tons of rock and we could trade WATER for rocks.

Another thing - very important, is that after the steel caged stepping blocks are in place - it would help even more when it comes to keeping the poisons and fertilizers to stay on the farm land and not heading down to the gulf of Mexico or California which is killing all the oxygen off in those regions. I believe we must encapsule our mess and not damage the rest of the world.
SPetty

Maryland Heights, MO

#2 Sep 25, 2008
Wow, how many times have you heard someone say "I've got a million dollar idea!"? Now's their change to prove it!:)
Sue Lisk

Hornell, NY

#3 Sep 25, 2008
What are the six questions?
Jon

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Sep 25, 2008
What are the safeguards that someone will not take my idea and run with it without recognition or compensation to myself.
meme

Cameron, WI

#5 Sep 25, 2008
Ideas of/about what? I don't get it.
Mike Stocki

Redondo Beach, CA

#6 Sep 25, 2008
Take away all government credit cards from politicians. If they had to pay for their own gas something would be done fast.
Mike Stocki

Redondo Beach, CA

#7 Sep 25, 2008
Let the voters decide if politicians should get a pay raise. Things would get done with a lot less bickering.
Rueful Rogue

Clovis, NM

#8 Sep 25, 2008
Sue Lisk wrote:
What are the six questions?
Go here for the questions. 5 of the questions are generic, while one is different for each category.
Rueful Rogue

Clovis, NM

#9 Sep 25, 2008
Shree

Vallabh Vidyanagar, India

#10 Sep 26, 2008
it is an fantasting idea by google let me try to bring new idea to get ready.
Claz

Jakarta, Indonesia

#11 Sep 26, 2008
An idea is an idea is an idea. But a discussion might be better, Mr. Google.
Claz

Jakarta, Indonesia

#12 Sep 26, 2008
Mike Stocki wrote:
Take away all government credit cards from politicians. If they had to pay for their own gas something would be done fast.
Well, not fair. I used to be a government worker visiting indian reservations in northern Canada and although I didn't have a credit card I did have around $10,000 dollars a year available to me to travel. Well we did have to travel and regularly I'd be on a beaver plane and I wouldn't have wanted the gas bill to be coming out of my pocket.
Lovett Williams

Chiefland, FL

#13 Sep 27, 2008
An excellent idea. I have always known that there are good ideas out there that somebody with influence or money to enact them ought to seek. Since we don't elect our leaders for their smart ideas, somebody else needs to step in.

Good things will come from this initiative. The Google Boys are not just geeks, they are smart and trying to do something good with their wealth. More power to them.
mohd ariff

Singapore, Singapore

#14 Sep 27, 2008
Don't just see the monies for your answers. Google isn't throwing the monies for nothing & there should be something they need to know from the World people. Do you know that your ideas is worth >$10mil.
The answers always in people mind, if you really know whats Google wants, then we can be bargain for more.
Lets see whats the questions is?
Andrew Propst

Orlando, FL

#15 Sep 28, 2008
How would I go about submitting the ideas?
S Williams

Fair Oaks, CA

#16 Sep 28, 2008
I sent the following email to Google:

I think that your project is misleading. When you post that Google is going to fund $10M from other people’s ideas it makes it sound as though the person with the idea will be involved in the process.

However… reading this statement makes me think twice: Q: What do I get if my idea is chosen? A: You get good karma and the satisfaction of knowing that your idea might truly help a lot of people.

So that means that Google is going to take people’s ideas, some that have worked long and hard on for years, and just snatch it from them for yourselves. Something like the Hippo Roller where the company is now estimated at $140 billion.

Google, you should be ashamed of yourselves for taking other people’s ideas and claiming them as your own to do whatever you want.
Samuel Josovic

Ramat Gan, Israel

#18 Sep 29, 2008
Google is giving no prizes. Google has committed $10 million to fund up to five ideas selected by its advisory board. See the following URL: http://www.project10tothe100.com/faq.html#mor...

Q: What do I get if my idea is chosen? A: You get good karma and the satisfaction of knowing that your idea might truly help a lot of people

YOUR HEADLINE IS MISLEADING!
michael ohagan

Brisbane, Australia

#19 Sep 29, 2008
it's idea about fruit andmeat vegitables now if there were truks for loading waist suchas these items we can load them in big containers to boats at shiping docks so we need labourers for loading on off trukies assisstance dock assistance boats assistance frozen lrg canesters formans plus cranes for lifting on boats to go to 3rd world countries colect waist from coles wollies bi lo or others withwaist .michael boru o'hagan australia national aust 4150589061585 thank you
Shaimaa Mahmoud

Cairo, Egypt

#20 Sep 30, 2008
okay
I have an idea .. so how can I submit it to the source of this statement ?
texan

Austin, TX

#21 Oct 3, 2008
what about copyrights? If google can pay 10 million what about the safety of the idea being exposed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Facebook Revenue, Users Top Estimates as Mobile... Fri melinda 1
Moving to San Mateo/ Burlingame area need a ren... Jul 27 Enirak 1
News Hidden streets of Menlo Park: Croner Avenue Jul 24 Hellary Clitass 4
News Trump seeks to dismiss lawsuit over Trump Unive... Jul 24 Callme TRUMP 2
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) Jul 21 TMM 131
ANyone know what happened to the girl in east p... (Mar '07) Jul 20 No more illegals 43
News Complex view of Islam found in poetry of Iran, ... Jul 18 The Proclaimer 1

Redwood City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redwood City Mortgages