Advances Against Chronic Pain

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: US News & World Report 19

About one third of Americans, an estimated 100 million people, suffer from chronic pain, making it one of the most common reasons people visit the doctor.

Full Story

“In Wally's Humble Opinion”

Since: Mar 12

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#2 Sep 6, 2012
Honey_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this like electric shock treatment?
NO F**CKING WAY!!!

I'll tell you what those scientists can do with their 8 inch coils.

Next thing you know, they'll be bringing back the lobotomy.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#4 Sep 6, 2012
Honey_1 wrote:
I was thinking that was what they were talking about but, I didn't want to appear too stupid. Sorry, I'm not trading my brains for my pain.....unless I blow them out. Then, who cares? lol
Ya know, in my opinion, it takes a cruel and stupid doctor to want to fry someone's brain just to keep from giving them a pill.
YES, there are junkies....but if a patient is in pain and takes a pill for the pain ONLY, he can get dependent. SO WHAT? I'm dependent on my glucophage, blood pressure meds, oxygen and so forth. Better throw my as* in jail, I'm a junkie. I can't stand to be without my oxygen!!!!!
Oh Hel*, I'll shut up know. Lotta pain today....MS sucks.
These doctors just love making lab rats out of us so that they can get some kind of prestigious research award.

Screw them.

I wouldn't want to be the one who finds out what the long-term side effects are 10 years from now.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#5 Sep 6, 2012
Honey_1 wrote:
YES, there are junkies....but if a patient is in pain and takes a pill for the pain ONLY, he can get dependent. SO WHAT? I'm dependent on my glucophage, blood pressure meds, oxygen and so forth. Better throw my as* in jail, I'm a junkie. I can't stand to be without my oxygen!!!!!
Oh Hel*, I'll shut up know. Lotta pain today....MS sucks.
Excellent, excellent point.

You may be in pain today, but you're sure thinking straight.

You're 1000% right.

Who gives a flying f**k if you're addicted to pain meds? As long as they allow you to function like a real person, you SHOULD be taking them every day.

Just like the other meds that you take every day to keep you alive.

Great post, Honey.

Sorry you're having such a rough day.

:o(

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Most pain patients report a 64% reduction in pain. Well if I am going to have brain surgery to control my pain, I would want a 100% rate, If they could guarantee that i would sign up today.....well not today but after they did a bit more research. But wouldnt it be fantastic not to hurt anymore. Damn, that would be nice!

Since: Sep 12

Grovetown, GA

#10 Sep 7, 2012
I guess they'll try anything to avoid prescribing pain medications to patients. I don't understand why CPP's especially those with obvious legit pain can't get properly treated. This is the problem we should be hearing about all over the news, but NO its all about those who are abusing drugs. Yes, many people abuse prescription pills, many people eat to much, drink to much caffeine, watch too much T.V.etc...

My mother was suffering from cancer of the breast which spread to her lungs, bones and liver. She was in a great deal of pain and was prescribed #90 lortab 7.5 milligrams all the way until she passed away. I always felt like they should have prescribed her a stronger narcotic, but when she asked she came home crying saying the nurse called her an addict. I was SO pissed off,but she just let it go.

Since: Aug 12

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 7, 2012
Karmagirl2678 wrote:
I guess they'll try anything to avoid prescribing pain medications to patients. I don't understand why CPP's especially those with obvious legit pain can't get properly treated. This is the problem we should be hearing about all over the news, but NO its all about those who are abusing drugs. Yes, many people abuse prescription pills, many people eat to much, drink to much caffeine, watch too much T.V.etc...

My mother was suffering from cancer of the breast which spread to her lungs, bones and liver. She was in a great deal of pain and was prescribed #90 lortab 7.5 milligrams all the way until she passed away. I always felt like they should have prescribed her a stronger narcotic, but when she asked she came home crying saying the nurse called her an addict. I was SO pissed off,but she just let it go.
That's tough I'm sorry. I too have gone through my mother's cancer; they've given her problems about giving her her Thyroid 7.5's last night (claiming they sold them already as if it's some sort of elicit drug), and she came home and explained to me. I got in my truck drove up there and told the receptionist I didn't want to hear one word out of her mouth and to just send me the pharmacist. Long story short, I got her a weeks worth of Thyrozeine. Don't take no for an answer, pharmacists can be nazis but be just as firm right back people.

As for your mother, to say she deserved a stronger drug is an understatement. They need to figure out a way to do things legit or quit trying to change the system.

Grovetown, GA

#14 Sep 7, 2012
My mothers oncologist tried to sit down and explain to her that all pain is, is your brain telling your body is hurting!!! I think he said nerves telling your brain its in pain or something to that affect. And I remember my mother saying "well can you prescribe me something that will tell my brain it is feeling fine today".

I mean seriously, I have endometriosis, neuropathy after having a tumor removed and serious issues with ovarian cyst. I am not prescribed anything for pain on a regular basis. I have to be in the middle of a very painful episode causing me to go to the ER to get pain relief. Then I am given a CT scan which shows my issue and they'll send me home with #20 percocets. Its just such a hassle to go through when something flares up each month. If its bad enough I have to sit in the ER for 8-12 hours awaiting relief. It would be so much easier if my PCP would prescribe a small amount of pain meds each month so I could avoid this. I am sure there is a doc out there that would, but searching for one is probably considered "doctor shopping".

I hate to even complain though,because I know so many of you out there have much worse issues than I do. I am in pain on average 10 days out of the month. Many of you hurt everyday all day. My heart goes out to you all.

“A Dangerous Crip!!”

Since: Jul 12

Near Dallas

#15 Sep 8, 2012
It's not doctor shopping at all, if all you are doing is trying to find the right doctor for you. Folks who doctor shop are the ones getting multiple prescriptions written for their 'pain' and then heading off to different pharmacies to have those prescriptions filled.

Trying to find the right doctor for you is just common sense, seeing how many bad doctors there are out there. It isn't doctor shopping by any stretch of the imagination.

When we have work done on our home, for example, you talk to several contractors before making a decision on which one is best for you. Talking to several doctors is the same thing. After all, this doctor (contractor) is going to be working on your body (home), so they had better be the right one for you...Or you could end up with all kinds of complications from various drug interactions/incorrect procedures.

Jad

Grovetown, GA

#16 Sep 9, 2012
Jadaxious_1 wrote:
It's not doctor shopping at all, if all you are doing is trying to find the right doctor for you. Folks who doctor shop are the ones getting multiple prescriptions written for their 'pain' and then heading off to different pharmacies to have those prescriptions filled.
Trying to find the right doctor for you is just common sense, seeing how many bad doctors there are out there. It isn't doctor shopping by any stretch of the imagination.
When we have work done on our home, for example, you talk to several contractors before making a decision on which one is best for you. Talking to several doctors is the same thing. After all, this doctor (contractor) is going to be working on your body (home), so they had better be the right one for you...Or you could end up with all kinds of complications from various drug interactions/incorrect procedures.
Jad
You are ABSOLUTELY correct! Thank you for reminding me of this. Its really hard to know what to do. Its tempting to try out a pain clinic, but which ones are legit and which ones are pill mills? I wouldn't even mind going to a pain clinic that is considered a "pill mill" from a moral stand-point. Especially, since I'd probably walk out with more than enough of what I need to live a pain free life. And how many doctors will I have to go see before I am treated adequately? You never know and all the while you suffer. It would be just my luck though I'd show up at the pain clinic the same day the DEA decides to take them down. Then I can be on the news for all my family to see!! No, I really don't condone the "pill mills" its makes things hard for people who NEED their pain medication. I just wonder how many are really compassionate doctors that are trying to help people in real pain. If you come into the doctors office and you have previous diagnosis, ct scans, mri's, x-rays etc.. You have a provable condition that requires the pain medication why shouldn't the doctor help you?
Well, I am just ranting because I have been in a great deal of pain this weekend. I've been in so much pain I was unable to attend my son's drama showcase! My insurance ran out the last day of August, so I couldn't go to the ER even though my pain is at a true 8 and I can't keep anything down (which happens to me when I have these painful episodes). I could afford to go to a walk-in clinic, but they won't help me with abdominal pain. They'll send me to the ER thinking I could possibly have appendicitis, I don't. The ER will surely want to do a CT Scan which I can in no way afford to pay for. I can't have a huge medical bill on my credit reports. Been there before, finally got them removed and I don't want to go through that again. Ughh.....

Since: Jan 13

Miami, FL

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Hi everybody, it is vital to stop prescribing anti-pain pills. This pill has so many side effects even though it helps in one way but captures in other way.
DeDeAl

Germany

#20 Apr 30, 2013
I found this medicine to be very effective. Of course, everyone's tolerance to pain medication is different, but for me, when Tylenol #3, Vicodin, Naproxen Sodium, and Ibuprofen didn't seem to help even in the slightest bit, but tramadol from RXAIRSTOREPILLS.INFO was a great relief for me. I am grateful to find something that helped my chronic pain problem.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#21 Apr 30, 2013
DeDeAl wrote:
I found this medicine to be very effective. Of course, everyone's tolerance to pain medication is different, but for me, when Tylenol #3, Vicodin, Naproxen Sodium, and Ibuprofen didn't seem to help even in the slightest bit, but tramadol from RXAIRSTOREPILLS.INFO was a great relief for me. I am grateful to find something that helped my chronic pain problem.
Why don't you just go and shove that Austrian BS up your Austrian arse?
SMALLS

Zimmerman, MN

#22 Apr 30, 2013
I have been living with chronic pain for 7 years... I am only 30 years old and fighted for disability for 6.5 years... finally getting to the judge this year I have been approved... now I have been going to a pain clinic for 6 of them years... and for the year at the beginning I was continually going in to try and find the right doctor who actually cared about getting my pain under control and if he couldn't then he would find someone for me... even just going through one year being accused of using too much liquid cold medicine because of a different bronchitis all the time. treated so poorly and for me with the chronic pain... in the middle of an injection in my back my pain doctor said to me hey were you aware that this tailbone is broken... which I knew had to of happened my first out of many falls on ice.... just very frusterating and I understand what yo0u are dealing with.... and in a lot of cases where you have that kind of pain comes anxiety and depression... and that is a whole can of worms to deal with... I also was in a relationship where it seemed that he didn't really have an understanding or believe the kind of daily pain I was in... so that made things even worse on both ends the depression and the anxiety continued to worsen... now I am working on finding someone that I can work with for talk theraoy and couples counceling and I am unsure and have extreme anxiety about finding someone that will really understand everything that I have been through... this is terribly wrong what they are trying to do.
jms

Zimmerman, MN

#23 Apr 30, 2013
tramadol is what they give dogs and cats when they are in pain for Christ's sake!!!!!

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#24 May 1, 2013
Hey Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
DeDeAl wrote:

The Austrian spammer has already been here.

Hopefully, they'll just go away.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#26 May 1, 2013
Honey.....you are too funny!!
Hey Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
These doctors just love making lab rats out of us so that they can get some kind of prestigious research award.
Screw them.
I wouldn't want to be the one who finds out what the long-term side effects are 10 years from now.

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#27 May 2, 2013
Chelsee11 wrote:
Honey.....you are too funny!!
<quoted text>
I really wish that was funny, but in reality...it might actually be the truth.

Since: May 13

Byrdstown, TN

#29 May 3, 2013
What the DEA is doing to us pain patients is legalized torture. Animals are treated better by their veterinarians!
Lafreniere

UK

#30 Oct 12, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) from ZTOPIX .COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beam me up Scottie 59 min guest 12
The news for anything how to get more,, Oct 16 Allx 1
Palo Alto Hosts 'Smart' City Partner From Austr... Oct 15 Sick of paying fo... 1
EZChip Bullish Calls Cut Back After Sales Miss:... Oct 13 lovelyjasher 1
Please oppose re-zoning of Edgewater Place Shop... Oct 11 Foster City Citizen 1
From Tower of Power - The Mic Gillette Band Oct 3 IGotSoul 1
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Sep 21 abusedmom 108

Beach Hazards Statement for San Mateo County was issued at October 20 at 2:09PM PDT

Redwood City News Video

Redwood City Dating
Find my Match

Redwood City Jobs

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Redwood City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Redwood City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]