Memories

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Looking to see if there are any people who use to hang out at the California Bar and Grill during the early 1980's. I use to drink beer there on a regular basis "like everyday" and I am wondering if there are any people who frequented the B+G during these times when Joe Montana was the 49ers quarterback, back when you could smoke in the bar. Back in the early 80's I was in my 20's and married to a girl that also hung out there. Who knows, we may remember each other. I have since moved to Indianapolis and have been here since 1993. If anyone from back then would like to reminisce about the B+G and the people who use to hang out there please write a post.
Memories

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Just checking back in to see if anyone came across my post from last year :)
I'm thinking of traveling from Indy back to Burlingame and make a personal visit to the bar just for the heck of it.
Does anyone know who owns the bar now ? What type or age of the people who go there ?
Thanks for any info.
Steve

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Sorry about your loss, the bar is now a sushi restaurant.
BHS

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

A lot of the former regulars hang out a block away at the Alibi or Paddy Flynn's both on Lorton Ave.
Memories

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Steve wrote:
Sorry about your loss, the bar is now a sushi restaurant.
Are you kidding me ?
I hate to hear that. That really is a let down as I always loved that place. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Memories

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

BHS wrote:
A lot of the former regulars hang out a block away at the Alibi or Paddy Flynn's both on Lorton Ave.
Hey thanks. I lived on Lorton Ave at 121 back in the mid 80's. Thanks for the reply.

Since: Apr 10

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Good memories...loved the place
Memories

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

CAnotes wrote:
Good memories...loved the place
When did you hang out there ?
Marianne

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Hi I cooked the first burger in the bar and grill.
I worked with Bob Ortiz. Jim Appenrod owned it in the 1980. Drank with Mark O'Brien RIP. I am visiting San Francisco in June. If there is anyone who rembembers me would love to get in touch.
Adam

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Marianne wrote:
Hi I cooked the first burger in the bar and grill.
I worked with Bob Ortiz. Jim Appenrod owned it in the 1980. Drank with Mark O'Brien RIP. I am visiting San Francisco in June. If there is anyone who rembembers me would love to get in touch.
Marianne, I REMEMBER YOU. I don't live in California anymore but I often think back to those days. Are you on Facebook?
Eileen Sweeney "I think" worked over at the Chevron CarWash with me. I use to go to the Bar and Grill all of the time.
Do you remember when Joe Montana sat at our table with us and had a beer at La Pinatas?
Write back ASAP. Do you remember me?
Adam
Marianne

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Hi Adam

Yes I do remember you. Where are you living now?
I do rembember meeting Joe Montanta at La Pinatas.
How could I ever forget. I am trying to catch up with Bob Ortiz who cooked for me. I rembeber you comming in for lucnch every day. You had a friend what was his name. I called him little guy. Did you live in San Carlos and gave me a lift home from work.

Marianne
Adam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Hey Marianne
I think you have me confused with Chris the tall guy who also worked at the Chevron car wash. His friend was Rich who I believe was called the "little fellow" or something like that.
I was married to Carol who also came down to the B+G. We lived in Burlingame across the street from Skip and Eileen. Did you hear about Skip?
I use to hang out with Bob Scales who was from England.
I came down to the Bar during the day pretty regularly.
I know you remember "Johnny Mac" :)
Adam
Marianne

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Hi Adam,

Yes I am getting you confused with Chris. Where are you living now. I am visiting Burlingame in June. I would love to meet up with anyone who I might still know in Burlingame. How is Johnny Mac, and Skip. Is Jim Appenrod still around. Do you remember Patrick O'Leary?. God it brings back so many good memories of California. I am living back in Ireland since 1999. Looking forward to visiting Burlingame.

Marianne
Adam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

Marianne wrote:
Hi Adam,
Yes I am getting you confused with Chris. Where are you living now. I am visiting Burlingame in June. I would love to meet up with anyone who I might still know in Burlingame. How is Johnny Mac, and Skip. Is Jim Appenrod still around. Do you remember Patrick O'Leary?. God it brings back so many good memories of California. I am living back in Ireland since 1999. Looking forward to visiting Burlingame.
Marianne
Hi Marianne, I have been in Indianapolis "where the Indy 500 is" since 1993. I have not seen Johnny Mac since the old days when I went to the B+G. What is the names of Bob Ortiz daughters and son who also worked at the bar?
Skip unfortunately died a year ago this June.
Hey Marianne, are you on Facebook? This may be a way for you to reconnect with some of those from our past. Yes, I remember Patrick. I remember he ran into some DUI problems during my last year of going to the B+G.
Did you see the message that the B+G is now a sushi bar?
Kevin

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

I use to go to the Bar from 1998 to 2000. Planning a trip there next weekend to try to find old friends during SF playoff game hopefully against Seattle if they win today. Thanks for the info about the other bars. I know where they are and will head over there next Saturday to try to reconnect with old friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Anyways 200,323
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Ocean 7,835
La Victoria's Orange Sauce (Jan '06) 5 hr Orange Sauce 127
dr. amit sex doctor male and female sex solucat... 12 hr deepak 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
Report: Retaliation by supervisors common at VA Mon Viet Nam Vet 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redwood City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE