Who do you support for U.S. Senate in California in 2010?

Posted in the Redwood City Forum

Comments (Page 184)

Showing posts 3,661 - 3,680 of6,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

When Liberals read that Mr. Buffett says taxes should be raised they shout it from the highest mountaintop as if it were some kind of universal truth but that’s only because they don’t want to see the size of Government decrease.

Liberals like to say that the Tea Party caused America’s credit rating to decrease. There is no evidence of this from Standard & Poor. And Liberals also say that there was no compromise in the recent raising of the debt ceiling. Considering Democrats control the Executive Branch and 50% of Congress any bill which becomes law has to, by its very nature, be a compromise.

And even if the Tea Party had a mind control machine… why didn’t Democrats raise the debt ceiling when they controled 66% of the Federal Government?

The logic of the Left is not only faulty but it’s shameful that, with few facts to back their assertions up, Liberals rely on the old moral imperative argument.

This tactic has been used repeatedly by Liberals when they are short on facts. Fighting Global Warming is a moral imperative! Let me just get out my checkbook! Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on money losing solar panels and wind farms which chop up birds is a moral imperative! How dare you question us sending your tax dollars to build more of these silly machines!

I am not necessarily against raising taxes (or closing those “loopholes”) but I view it as trying to bail water out of a boat with a screen door for a hull.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
Plus Buffett should be in jail for his inside trading and manipulation of the stock market. He is a fraud. Mr. Buffett says he pays less in taxes than 20 others who work for him so, therefore, taxes must be too low. While his statements, on their face, may be true, he is not telling the entire story. As Forbes pointed out, Mr. Buffett donates his stock, which costs him little-to-nothing, to charity once it has risen in value and takes the tax right offs thus lowering his tax burden. This is a very different method of paying less than your “fair share” on income tax because you are using the charitable donation to essentially shelter your assets making it appear you earn less than you do.
Romney had a good idea to lesson these loopholes that the rich use. Mr. Buffett says he pays less in taxes than 20 others who work for him so, therefore, taxes must be too low. While his statements, on their face, may be true, he is not telling the entire story. As Forbes pointed out, Mr. Buffett donates his stock, which costs him little-to-nothing, to charity once it has risen in value and takes the tax right offs thus lowering his tax burden. This is a very different method of paying less than your “fair share” on income tax because you are using the charitable donation to essentially shelter your assets making it appear you earn less than you do.
I get it!!

since he is genrous??

he is a fraud.

but all the stingy, mega wealthy folks, like the koch's

they are your heros??

your values are kinda backwards huh??

you hate the middle class// but pray on the alter of the wannabe wealthy??

youre pathetic man...

all were talking about is going back to clinton era rates for the top two percent....and you guys are kicking and screaming like were pushing bolshevism on you....

it is kinda pathetic...

you LOST the election quite soundly,and now youre acting like you won....

who can blame anyone who thinks of your end of the poltical spectrum, as anything but REALLY out touch!
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
When Liberals read that Mr. Buffett says taxes should be raised they shout it from the highest mountaintop as if it were some kind of universal truth but that’s only because they don’t want to see the size of Government decrease.
Liberals like to say that the Tea Party caused America’s credit rating to decrease. There is no evidence of this from Standard & Poor. And Liberals also say that there was no compromise in the recent raising of the debt ceiling. Considering Democrats control the Executive Branch and 50% of Congress any bill which becomes law has to, by its very nature, be a compromise.
And even if the Tea Party had a mind control machine… why didn’t Democrats raise the debt ceiling when they controled 66% of the Federal Government?
The logic of the Left is not only faulty but it’s shameful that, with few facts to back their assertions up, Liberals rely on the old moral imperative argument.
This tactic has been used repeatedly by Liberals when they are short on facts. Fighting Global Warming is a moral imperative! Let me just get out my checkbook! Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on money losing solar panels and wind farms which chop up birds is a moral imperative! How dare you question us sending your tax dollars to build more of these silly machines!
I am not necessarily against raising taxes (or closing those “loopholes”) but I view it as trying to bail water out of a boat with a screen door for a hull.
if that is the case??? the why arnt you raving about entitlements??

or raving about the defence budget needing to be cut?/

no one can have a serious budget talk with you guys??

because the first thing you want to cut is education and health care...

how about REINVESTING in this country??
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
I realize you dont follow politics, or know much about civics...

if you did??

youd realize that one party (with the fillibuster rule)

can obstruct ALL of the people business..

and that is JUST about what the 112 congress did.

they got into power in 11' and started tacking those tough issues like banning abortion and crushing unions...and supressing the vote.

all jobs bills had to be accompanied BY ANOTHER tax break for the wealthy....that is just irrefutable congressional record.

BUT in the senate, where the minority rethugs, fillibustered as well??

the new senate is considering whether or not to go back to the old school rules of having to talk on the floor of congress(sort of like mr smith goes to washington) to keep their fillibuster running...

that would inprove things considerably.

and both parties will eventually use it.
Fold and tuck

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The world's oldest profession took a hit during the recession as customers were forced to cut back on their, entertainment expenses.

But just when a recovery seemed under way, even prostitution has become a victim of the fiscal cliff.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it!!
since he is genrous??
he is a fraud.
but all the stingy, mega wealthy folks, like the koch's
they are your heros??
your values are kinda backwards huh??
you hate the middle class// but pray on the alter of the wannabe wealthy??
youre pathetic man...
all were talking about is going back to clinton era rates for the top two percent....and you guys are kicking and screaming like were pushing bolshevism on you....
it is kinda pathetic...
you LOST the election quite soundly,and now youre acting like you won....
who can blame anyone who thinks of your end of the poltical spectrum, as anything but REALLY out touch!
Can't a crook can't wear a suit and tie? are you serious? just look at our politicians. Buffet has invested in China, in coal, in tobacco, but I'm referring to his inside trading. Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year. Warren Buffett is a crook like the banks Yes, he might be rich from the millions of lives he has destroyed, but he is not capitalist—-he is an anti-American, anti-Capitalist, anti-Constitution criminal who is glorified by a left-wing press and an ignorant public.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Guess it doesn't work like going fromn A to B, instead several sets of cirles must be used?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Number 9 wrote:
Guess it doesn't work like going fromn A to B, instead several sets of cirles must be used?
That's what I was thinking too.
Response

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Chester roundtree hasn't been the same since then.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can't a crook can't wear a suit and tie? are you serious? just look at our politicians. Buffet has invested in China, in coal, in tobacco, but I'm referring to his inside trading. Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year. Warren Buffett is a crook like the banks Yes, he might be rich from the millions of lives he has destroyed, but he is not capitalist—-he is an anti-American, anti-Capitalist, anti-Constitution criminal who is glorified by a left-wing press and an ignorant public.
I agree that all the wealthy folks, might have questionable investments...

i guess that is true across the spectrum of life.

But Is warren buffet really Anti american??
and anti capitalist??

were talking about a huge software mogul.... who has made billions and paid taxes and donated LOTs of money...

is that why he is anti-american?? because he is generous and doesnt mind paying a little more in taxes??

he is a billionaire, not joseph stalin...

I think youre being more than a little hysterical, again?
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
you are not against raising taxes on who??

be specific...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
and anti capitalist??
were talking about a huge software mogul.... who has made billions and paid taxes and donated LOTs of money...
Are you freaking stupid? You have Buffet mixed up with Bill gates you moron. Buffet has created nothing, he is an investor. It was Gates that was the software "mogul". lol....are u still stoned? Give it a rest.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
and anti capitalist??
is that why he is anti-american?? because he is generous and doesnt mind paying a little more in taxes??
Warren Buffet invests in old stable companies like Gillette and Coca Cola. Then he sells options to stupid people and makes a huge fortune.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
and anti capitalist??
He doesn’t support stupid tea bagger ideas, that makes him the enemy.

if he was saying something else they would be singing his praises

all political, no actual thought goes into it.
Foresake

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

This will or could end in a stalemate, until more states allow gay marriage, then it will reAddressed.

Of course this will give those gay bashers more time to gather their things and move away to an island.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Foresake wrote:
This will or could end in a stalemate, until more states allow gay marriage, then it will reAddressed.
Of course this will give those gay bashers more time to gather their things and move away to an island.
Most major islands accept gay marriage

I laughed so hard when some very right wing friends of mine talked about moving to Australia, until I mentioned the atheist PM and universal health care. The look on their faces, you would think I told them Santa didn’t exist.
Majors

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

This will or could end in a stalemate, until more states allow gay marriage, then it will be reAddressed.

Of course this will give those gay bashers more time to gather their things and move away to an island. Most major islands accept gay marriage.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn’t support stupid tea bagger ideas, that makes him the enemy.
if he was saying something else they would be singing his praises
all political, no actual thought goes into it.
seriously huh!!

the tea party also thinks they won the last election...

no actual thought processes going on there either.

they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO orthodox.

politics, is the art of compromise, to conduct and conclude the peoples business..

america just voted to raise taxes about 3-4 % on the wealthy.

and the tea baggers are screaming and kicking, like were shoving bolshevism down their throats...

the wealthy DID JUST FINE in the 90's.

corporate profits are now in record territory....with employment stagnating...

after 10 years of constant non-stop partyin???

it is time to clean up the empties and head to the recycling center(so to speak)
Concrete

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Tea Party members, tea baggers need to get the latest fashion trend concrete shoes. And wear them swimming.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,661 - 3,680 of6,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Redwood City Forum right now

Search the Redwood City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 min PEE PEE PETE 200,210
sex 9 hr Smeer 1
San Mateo: Man arrested on suspicion of pimping... 13 hr mrs eli 2
East Palo Alto man sentenced to 13 years prison... 17 hr mrs eli 3
Managing Director 17 hr mrs eli 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Wed Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Millions of gallons of water leaking into Bay: ... Tue Obambe Dumbshhitt 4
•••
•••

Redwood City News Video

•••
Redwood City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Redwood City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000