Boy, 16, dies after being struck by a motorcycle in Redondo Beach

Full story: Daily Breeze

A 16-year-old boy died this morning after he was struck by a motorcycle Wednesday evening in Redondo Beach, police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 101 Comments Last updated May 28, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sparkie

Port Orchard, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

kids now days seem to be in another world. To much video games, tv,crazy music and no responsabilities. Parents don't parent any more. The kids just run wild and do as they please when they please. Parents don't have time to be bothered. Just give the kids some money and they will go away. I see a lot of parents that don't talk to their kids or explain things to them. They just let them run wild.
DCP

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

I knew this kid. Such a tragic loss
lla

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

this child's parents were very active and the best parents any child could have, i know them. this boy was a athlete and a really great kid, these parents coached games, and was present at every turn. so sorry, it's not about a wild bored teen. it is a tragic loss, which leaves this familey asking why. GOD BLESS
DCP

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

lla wrote:
this child's parents were very active and the best parents any child could have, i know them. this boy was a athlete and a really great kid, these parents coached games, and was present at every turn. so sorry, it's not about a wild bored teen. it is a tragic loss, which leaves this familey asking why. GOD BLESS
I have to second this. The parents wanted the best for all there kids. Cody was a great hockey player and a great kid. Rest in Peace
SASQUATCH

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

R.I.P. Cody Williamson

William "Cody" Williamson

A 16-year-old boy died this morning after he was struck by a motorcycle Wednesday evening in Redondo Beach, police said.

The teenager, identified as William "Cody" Williamson, was hit around 7:40 p.m. when he ran in and out of traffic near Aviation Boulevard and Hungtinton Lane, said Redondo Beach Police Sgt. Phil Keenan.

The motorcyclist was headed southbound on Aviation when the boy, who was walking home with friends after dinner at a nearby restaurant, ran into the street between two parked cars, Keenan said.

The boy was struck as he turned back toward the sidewalk after getting to the middle of the street, Keenan said.

Both people were taken to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center near Torrance, where the boy died this morning.

Keenan did not know the condition of the unidentified motorcyclist.

Police have ruled the boy was at fault in the accident, Keenan said.
At the scene

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

First, let me start off by saying that my thoughts are with the family of the boy who was killed. The tragic loss of any family member is never easy to deal with, and at 16 years old I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through.
Second, to JAM and SPARKIE, you should try sticking to what you know and keep speculation and opinions to yourself, especially when you talk about the tragic death of a 16 year old boy. How dare you attack the parents at this time.
Sparkie, you talk about parents not parenting anymore and “To much video games, tv,crazy music and no responsabilities”[SIC]. Well, which is it? Parents have complained about kids needing to learn "responsibilities" forever, and how many times did your parents tell you turn down that crap music you were listening to?
Let’s talk about when parents fail to instill a sense of morality and ethics into their children. Sparkie, you only need to look in the mirror to realize that your parents failed to teach you a few important things such as compassion, reason and the ability to keep an open mind. Aside from obvious grammar and spelling (R-e-s-p-o-n-s-i-b-i-l-i-t-i-e -s), they also failed to teach you not to believe everything you see or read.
The simple reality is that this kid was a victim of a horrible accident. That street, at that particular area, has awful visibility. And anyone who says they’ve never j-walked to get across the street rather than walk a block down, cross, and walk a block back up is a liar. We all do it, and sadly tragedies like this one happen.
morgan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

TO JAM from LA and sparky from Seattle. Pull your head out of your a**.....
Have a little compassion!
You must not be parents or individuals with friends or loved ones. What a sad tragic life you live.
I guess you were never a teenager? oh, no you actually made it past 16. Grow up and be respectful!
I knew him, he was an Amazing kid.
go blog yourself!
Morgan
drama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

Sparkie wrote:
kids now days seem to be in another world. To much video games, tv,crazy music and no responsabilities. Parents don't parent any more. The kids just run wild and do as they please when they please. Parents don't have time to be bothered. Just give the kids some money and they will go away. I see a lot of parents that don't talk to their kids or explain things to them. They just let them run wild.
you guys just need to back off!!! i'm friends with one of his siblings and he talked about his brother really nicely you can't just go and blame the parents at this time have a heart. they're already in enough grief, you don't have to go and make it worse for them! imagine if this appened to you would you like it if someone blamed you for your childs death when you weren't even there when it happpened? just imagine what they're going through. you have a sick mind to go and do that especcially at a time like this, you have the nerve, i cannot believe you!
josh williams

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

R.I.P cody, you were a good kid
Torrance Mom

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

Once again The Daily Breeze allows its readers to post comments on a tragic teen accident. While most of the comments so far show compassion toward the victim and his family, there are still nasty messages posted about this young man and his parents' ability to parent. The same thing happened when that young man from PV died in the auto accident on Crenshaw Blvd., and the newspaper eventually closed that comment site. The last thing friends and family need to see during this time are judgmental comments from posters. This is not the right time or place to debate how to raise children, but some posters will feel compelled to do so. I hope the newspaper does the right thing and shuts this down out of respect for the family. My heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to this family who must be in unimaginable pain right now.
Maddy

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

cody,
I will miss you. R.I.P
Well said

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

At the scene wrote:
First, let me start off by saying that my thoughts are with the family of the boy who was killed. The tragic loss of any family member is never easy to deal with, and at 16 years old I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through.
Second, to JAM and SPARKIE, you should try sticking to what you know and keep speculation and opinions to yourself, especially when you talk about the tragic death of a 16 year old boy. How dare you attack the parents at this time.
Sparkie, you talk about parents not parenting anymore and “To much video games, tv,crazy music and no responsabilities”[SIC]. Well, which is it? Parents have complained about kids needing to learn "responsibilities" forever, and how many times did your parents tell you turn down that crap music you were listening to?
Let’s talk about when parents fail to instill a sense of morality and ethics into their children. Sparkie, you only need to look in the mirror to realize that your parents failed to teach you a few important things such as compassion, reason and the ability to keep an open mind. Aside from obvious grammar and spelling (R-e-s-p-o-n-s-i-b-i-l-i-t-i-e -s), they also failed to teach you not to believe everything you see or read.
The simple reality is that this kid was a victim of a horrible accident. That street, at that particular area, has awful visibility. And anyone who says they’ve never j-walked to get across the street rather than walk a block down, cross, and walk a block back up is a liar. We all do it, and sadly tragedies like this one happen.
Perfect!
My sympathies to Cody's family. He sounds like a good kid that will be missed by many.
True 1

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

ACCIDENTS DO NOT JUST HAPPEN...THEY ARE CAUSED!!!
Traci

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

Cody was a good kid. He was friends with my daughter, and spent some time in my home a few summers ago. He was respectful and polite. I'm SO sad to hear this news. Every one of us has done stuff like this as a teen. It could happen to anyone.
chad

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

man i cant beleive this happened,
im gunna miss seeing you at the rink amd messing with you
god bless you
brittany b

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

miss you cody.
william cody williamson the 4th.
forever.
annoynomous

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

This is a terrible tragedy. God Bless the Cody Family. I hope Jesus lets this young man into Heaven.
jll

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

dont put it was the boys fault after he died thank you.
rip cody<3333333333
ninerfan211

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Did Cody go to Parras or Adams?
A Sad Loss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Judged:

Many years ago as a young man, my older brothers were so strict with me about looking both ways before crossing a street. Couldn't figure out why until years later when my mother told me how she taught them this valuable lesson.
My father was in Korea fighting the chinese and was gone for two years. My mother would bring my brothers to the hospital at the military base when needed. Many soldiers were returning home with physical evidence of the bruality of war. Missing limbs. My mother never wanted her sons to worry about the constant danger their father was exposed to. So to alleviate this fear she told them two things when they saw a wounded man in the hospital hallway. One, it is impolite to stare, and two, this is what happens to little boys who do not look both ways before crossing the street.
I am sorry for this tragic loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Redondo Beach Discussions

Search the Redondo Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 26 min BoinkO 200,560
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr facts faced 15,929
Boycott Rock n Brews. 21 hr ajfdsgajkh 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
Elin Vanderlip dies at 90 at her Rancho Palos V... (Jul '09) Aug 15 xxxAnnAxxx 85
Hermosa Beach California Parking Ticket Scams (Oct '10) Aug 14 Bud 8
•••
•••

Redondo Beach News Video

•••
Redondo Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Redondo Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000