Man to stand trial in Torrance on sol...

Man to stand trial in Torrance on soliciting a minor charge

There are 8 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Man to stand trial in Torrance on soliciting a minor charge. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

However, Eugene Mellott, 50, was actually chatting and making plans with Torrance Juvenile Sex Crimes Detective Dennis Brady in the Yahoo chat room, Brady said at Mellott's preliminary hearing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Billme

Newton Center, MA

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Amazing
Jumbo

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 17, 2008
Good Grief!
When will these knuckleheads ever learn????
ALR

Denver, CO

#3 Dec 17, 2008
Unfortunately, the only thing they learn is how to get away with it. If you know a single man who has befriended your son or daughter, QUESTION IT, I don't care what the cover up for the "relationship" is.
Concerned

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2008
The sad part is that this was not a single man. He is married and has children of his own. Parents should be cautious of ANYONE their child may meet online. What's worse is that most parents probably don't even know when their kids are online, what they are doing online or who they are meeting while online.
Hopeful

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 19, 2008
The best punishment this guy can get is a nice long stay in prison. At least the bad guys know how to treat child molesters! I say quick trial and send him off!!
Booyah

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Has a court date today. Let's see what happens.
Big Surprise

Scottsdale, AZ

#7 Jan 14, 2009
What an idiot...Like some 14 year old girl would find a man in his mid 40's attractive??? He would be lucky to find a 25 year old that found him attractive. I love watching these types of guys on Dateline break down and cry when they get caught.
No Name in PV

La Habra, CA

#8 Jan 14, 2009
Headline: Man to stand trial in Torrance on soliciting a minor charge.

Actual fact: Superior Court Judge Laura Ellison said there was sufficient evidence to hold Mellott for trial on one count of communicating with a minor for lewd and lascivious behavior.

That is NOT SOLICITING, another example of the inaccurate reporting by the lazy Daily Breeze.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redondo Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serial Rapist Arrested In LA; 2 Victims in Chicago (Sep '07) Tue Victim552 99
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Tue Human 280
News The staggering body count as California newspap... Apr 20 Riccardo Fire 6
LA Stadium Hollywood Park at 3883 W. Century Bl... Apr 18 LA Stadium Hollyw... 10
Review: Doctor Smile Dental Group - Kayvon Javi... (Dec '09) Apr 17 SarahMarieOlsen 6
Truck that plays "Turkey in the Straw" Apr 17 ConfusedByTruck 1
Review: Inglewood Lanes Bowling Alley Apr 15 BOWLING 1

Redondo Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Redondo Beach Mortgages