Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201885 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#132826 Mar 17, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.......and we usually have a good time laughing at folks like you!
Do you lezies find it more interesting to play on the computer than with each other ...?????

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#132827 Mar 17, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
...They're telling kids that Cher is proud and happy with Chaz which is the greatest lie ever told.
How do you presume to know how Cher feels?
Prof Marvel wrote:
Recently, Chaz let on how she's saving her money for a trip to Serbia where she'll be getting an artificial penis grafted to her vagina. Presumably, when she gets it she'll be back in the schools showing the kids 8" x 10" glossies of it.
Riiiiiight... because gay men are allowed to go into schools and show glossies... dolt.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Has the whole world gone mad?

[/QUOTE)

No, you've just gone nuts.

[QUOTE who="Prof Marvel"]

How did it reach the point where we're raising kids to be transgender adults?
We're teaching our children to tolerate people, and not be like you.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Oh, and please ... Don't hand me no claptrap about it's not choice, it's the "transgender gene." I'm just not in the mood for it today.
Don't post here if you can't handle the truth.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#132831 Mar 17, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you lezies find it more interesting to play on the computer than with each other ...?????
Boy, you sure are interested in the our lives, why? Are you upset because we aren't interested in the lil thing of yours?

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#132832 Mar 17, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you presume to know how Cher feels?
<quoted text>
Riiiiiight... because gay men are allowed to go into schools and show glossies... dolt.
<quoted text>
We're teaching our children to tolerate people, and not be like you.
You people are not qualified to teach children that. No one is, and that's because "gay friendly" curriculum is a hypothesis, not peer-reviewed science.

When you bring people like Chaz into schools to speak, nobody knows how it will affect the child -- which is why you shouldn't be doing it.

The LGBT agenda is rife with half-baked theories you people promote as proven science. You tell us there's a "gay gene" ... "bisexual gene" ... and now a "transgender gene," but you can't provide a scintilla of science to support it.

You tell us no kid without one of these genes will be swayed to become gay, bisexual, or transgender, but you don't have a scintilla of science to support that either.

Bottom line, you've turned our schools into laboratories for your screwball social experiments and our kids into guinea pigs.

You're sending in gay males to kiss and fondle each other in front of the kids, Lesbians to talk about sex toys, and freaks like Chaz to explain how -- thanks to science -- they now can become any gender they want.

Tolerance?

That's not tolerance; that's what happens when same sex marriage becomes law.
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#132833 Mar 17, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are not qualified to teach children that. No one is, and that's because "gay friendly" curriculum is a hypothesis, not peer-reviewed science.
When you bring people like Chaz into schools to speak, nobody knows how it will affect the child -- which is why you shouldn't be doing it.
The LGBT agenda is rife with half-baked theories you people promote as proven science. You tell us there's a "gay gene" ... "bisexual gene" ... and now a "transgender gene," but you can't provide a scintilla of science to support it.
You tell us no kid without one of these genes will be swayed to become gay, bisexual, or transgender, but you don't have a scintilla of science to support that either.
Bottom line, you've turned our schools into laboratories for your screwball social experiments and our kids into guinea pigs.
You're sending in gay males to kiss and fondle each other in front of the kids, Lesbians to talk about sex toys, and freaks like Chaz to explain how -- thanks to science -- they now can become any gender they want.
Tolerance?
And yet you stated,I just love me some sex with tranny's? I guess you just love to have your cake and eat it to if you know what I mean hypocrite! LOL

Columbus

#132836 Mar 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance?
I wonder if you've been spewing the same BS so long that you're acutally starting to believe it! "Kiss and fondle each other in front of the kids"?!? "Talk about sex toys"?!?

Utter BS! You KNOW that you're just hiding behind some self-righteous "protect the children" facade in order to rationalize your FEAR of gays.

Don't be scared, they won't bite you.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#132837 Mar 18, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you've been spewing the same BS so long that you're acutally starting to believe it! "Kiss and fondle each other in front of the kids"?!? "Talk about sex toys"?!?
Utter BS! You KNOW that you're just hiding behind some self-righteous "protect the children" facade in order to rationalize your FEAR of gays.
Don't be scared, they won't bite you.
Actually, all of what I say is true. Consider:
"Fisting [forcing one's entire hand into another person's rectum or vagina] often gets a bad rap....[It's] an experience of letting somebody into your body that you want to be that close and intimate with...[and] to put you into an exploratory mode."
The above quotation comes from Massachusetts Department of Education employees describing the pleasures of homosexual sex to a group of high school students at a state-sponsored workshop on March 25, 2000.

On March 25, a statewide conference, called "Teach-Out," was sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Education, the Governor's Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth, and the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)."

(the link below contains excerpts of lesbians discussing sex toys with children)

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/issues/fis...

Columbus

#132838 Mar 18, 2012
Now tell the REST of the story - that first, a student asked what fisting was, and as a result of giving that explanation a state employee who participated in the discussion and two other state employees were fired.

That is NOT the standard, and you know it.

Columbus

#132839 Mar 18, 2012
By the way, these weren't exactly toddlers we're talking about... the incident took place at Tuft's University.
Rules Of Evidence

Livermore, CA

#132845 Mar 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The above quotation comes from Massachusetts Department of Education employees describing the pleasures of homosexual sex to a group of high school students at a state-sponsored workshop on March 25, 2000.
On March 25, a statewide conference, called "Teach-Out," was sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Education, the Governor's Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth, and the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)."
(the link below contains excerpts of lesbians discussing sex toys with children)
Mass resistance again Gayrey? LOL,I'm surprised you didn't throw in World nut daily and the Catholic church as credible! LOL,Ok,here is the truth again about GLSEN and Kevin Jennings! The lie's you get from hate sights and virulent anti-gay sights are not credible and therefore neither are you! Your repetitive lie'sand total B.S. exposed once again! So,again answer the question,are you still picking up tranny's HYPOCRITE?

In defense of GLESEN and Kevin Jennings,point by point!
http://mediamatters.org/research/200912150012

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#132849 Mar 18, 2012
Watchmann wrote:
Watchmann wrote:
<quoted text>
96% of marriages procreate children in the world.
Gay unions procreate 0%.
Kind of makes someone saying children don't factor into marriage look pretty stupid...
<quoted text>
No, changing the point (world to US), and twisting the information (have had children to currently have children) simply shows your lack of character, right?
It begs the question as to why you would find that necessary if logic were on your side, right?
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The "other" side has no problem using HIV statistics that are limited to the US, completely ignoring the global stats. OTOH, we're talking about marriage in the US, not the entire globe. So my point is quite valid. You are quite funny trying to claim I'm not being logical after your use of stats that are generated by heterosexual second marriages regarding the higher rate of homicide by step parents to denigrate marriage for gays. You've omitted the fact that first marriages for gays has no bearing upon this stat. Neither do 2nd, 3rd, etc. marriages for gays as the stats were generated by heterosexuals.
But I'm sure that won't stop you from continuing with your idiotic responses. You wouldn't know logic if it was an 8 ton hippo sitting on your head.
I think the flow of response pictured above depicts your and my logic quite well.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132850 Mar 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the "term was peer-reviewed."
What part of that statement befuddles you, Mona?
Do you know what peer-review means?
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132851 Mar 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again using medical terms, Mona, but it's alright because now we have a clue to what you majored in at Bronx Community College -- Certified Nursing Assistant.
Was that a hit?
Huh? Thorzine isn't a medical term.... it's an anti-psychotic drug, and you could use a shit load.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132852 Mar 18, 2012
Watchmann wrote:
Watchmann wrote:
<quoted text>
96% of marriages procreate children in the world.
Gay unions procreate 0%.
Kind of makes someone saying children don't factor into marriage look pretty stupid...
<quoted text>
Of course reproduction in not 'required' for marriage. It is not 'required' that you be in a wheelchair to qualify for handicap rights, but can be one factor that identifies many as handicapped, and many of the rights and privileges also address that single potential. The same is true for children in marriage.
The potential in marriage is so overwhelming, that it is assumed children will be a factor, even though a small portion will not or cannot exercise that potential. That is solely why first cousins are not allowed to marry, and blood tests are a part of marriage licenses many times.
It is why the attempt to separate this identity in marriage is so offensive and ridiculous. Especially when voiced by a relationship that has zero potential to co-procreate any children.
Your information is OLD, honey. 1st cousins are allowed to marry in 23 States and blood tests are only required in two States... and it is to check for STDs, not to see if the couple is related.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132853 Mar 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why not quote Mork from Ork? He has as much credibility as MassResistance. They are the lunatic fringe of nutbags and repeat known lies.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132855 Mar 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
You're sending in gay males to kiss and fondle each other in front of the kids
Tsk, tsk, tsk....... such a big, fat LIE.

Location hidden

#132856 Mar 18, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Your information is OLD, honey. 1st cousins are allowed to marry in 23 States and blood tests are only required in two States... and it is to check for STDs, not to see if the couple is related.
1. The point is, the purpose of those stipulations regarded children. That means considering children was and still is a part of a marriage license, right?

2. Do you know why first cousins are STILL discouraged from marrying?

3. I would need to see validation of the purpose for blood tests. Again, blood types of parents need to be considered for procreation, right?

I always find it interesting the shift of issues, the partial or twisted information pro-SSM people engage in to validate their denial of reality... When you start with dishonesty, there is no end to the necessity to extend dishonesty, is there?

Location hidden

#132857 Mar 18, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona, didn't you miss some of my points?
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132858 Mar 18, 2012
Watchmann wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The point is, the purpose of those stipulations regarded children. That means considering children was and still is a part of a marriage license, right?
2. Do you know why first cousins are STILL discouraged from marrying?
3. I would need to see validation of the purpose for blood tests. Again, blood types of parents need to be considered for procreation, right?
I always find it interesting the shift of issues, the partial or twisted information pro-SSM people engage in to validate their denial of reality... When you start with dishonesty, there is no end to the necessity to extend dishonesty, is there?
1. No
2. Do you know why people who don't know what they are talking about are discouraged from commenting?
3. No. and since when would FACTS change your mind?

The only one twisting information is you, honey. There is no requirement for procreation in marriage.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#132859 Mar 18, 2012
Watchmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona, didn't you miss some of my points?
This point?: " That is solely why first cousins are not allowed to marry, and blood tests are a part of marriage licenses many times."

Both of those statements are false.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redondo Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Q: Velvet Turtle closure (Apr '09) 2 hr Mark Morningstar 12
News Lead found at area school (Apr '08) Dec 7 Bubbles 77
News Proposed California climate deal takes aim at t... Dec 5 Raydot 79
News Udani re-sentenced to 2 years for sexual battery (May '10) Nov 22 Stoppedbeingafraid 14
Review: Strikers USBC Bowling League Nov 22 STRIKERS USBC TX ... 4
Review: Coca Cola Bowling League - Phoenix Nov 22 COCA COLA BOWLING... 4
Review: Friday Vegas Fun Bowling League Nov 22 FRIDAY VEGAS FUN ... 3

Redondo Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redondo Beach Mortgages