Felony charges filed in fight

Full story: Daily Breeze 548
A San Pedro man is facing attempted murder charges for a fight at a Redondo Beach bar last week that left a 23-year-old man in a coma. Read more
First Prev
of 28
Next Last
Big Pedran

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2008
Our thugs have no business partying in any place else other than San Pedro.
bob mb

Woodland Hills, CA

#2 Sep 20, 2008
We put controls on our bars. Zero tolerance for that c ra p anymore here. Shifted those problems to Hermosa Beach which spent their tax money to make a expensive area for bars. HB will evenutally have a big crowd riot and shootouts. HB bar's council is a laugh. Overdue HB problems, like the overdue big earthquake. These beach bars are proliferating all types of problems. City's are probably liable for approving so much c ra p. Watch RB get sued. HB is a lawsuit magnate.
Youre HUA

La Crescenta, CA

#3 Sep 20, 2008
bob mb wrote:
We put controls on our bars. Zero tolerance for that c ra p anymore here. Shifted those problems to Hermosa Beach which spent their tax money to make a expensive area for bars. HB will evenutally have a big crowd riot and shootouts. HB bar's council is a laugh. Overdue HB problems, like the overdue big earthquake. These beach bars are proliferating all types of problems. City's are probably liable for approving so much c ra p. Watch RB get sued. HB is a lawsuit magnate.
Get over yourself and that prissy little town you live in. RB is much more responsible with their bars, not comparable to HB! No one goes to MB because the residents are too self important, the women are half plastic and egotistical and guys like you are a bore to be around. Just stay in MB, we don't want you in HB or RB!
Brian

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#4 Sep 20, 2008
My prayers go out to Matthew Klaus and to all of his family and friends. My the Lord bring him back to good health and give him a full recovery. I also hope that justice is served to John Penna if he ends up being proven guilty.
Never

Lake Forest, CA

#5 Sep 20, 2008
Justice? forget it, will never happen.
North Hawthorne resident

Buena Park, CA

#10 Sep 20, 2008
I hope the man recovers, however attempted murder seems to be a little over the top since Klaus was hurt during a fight where 1 punch was thrown and he ended up falling down some stairs. he was not beaten and thrown down the stairs. The guy in custody maybe a thug but we dont know that, all we know is he has one hell of a punch. as the article states nobody knows what the fight was about, what if klaus was the agressor and he just got knocked out. so before we jump to passing judgement, and making cultural insults lets wait and see what the real story is.
Mom of 3

Woodland Hills, CA

#11 Sep 20, 2008
North Hawthorne resident wrote:
I hope the man recovers, however attempted murder seems to be a little over the top since Klaus was hurt during a fight where 1 punch was thrown and he ended up falling down some stairs. he was not beaten and thrown down the stairs. The guy in custody maybe a thug but we dont know that, all we know is he has one hell of a punch. as the article states nobody knows what the fight was about, what if klaus was the agressor and he just got knocked out. so before we jump to passing judgement, and making cultural insults lets wait and see what the real story is.
Fortunately, the law is the law. A good PD will probably get him off and he can go out and do it again. People need to take responsibility for their actions....sadly, a slap on the wrist will not drive that point home for him or his friends.
Spicoli

Fullerton, CA

#13 Sep 20, 2008
North Hawthorne resident wrote:
I hope the man recovers, however attempted murder seems to be a little over the top since Klaus was hurt during a fight where 1 punch was thrown
that's the chances you take in a fight. One punch can put you in jail for a long time. And it should.
MSLBC

Long Beach, CA

#14 Sep 20, 2008
Are you white and perfect??????????
Say What

Manhattan Beach, CA

#15 Sep 20, 2008
bob mb wrote:
What a bunch of hysterical claptrap.
Say What

Manhattan Beach, CA

#16 Sep 20, 2008
Spicoli wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the chances you take in a fight. One punch can put you in jail for a long time. And it should.
Unless you have a badge and your opponent is handcuffed, then it gets you a letter of commendation (provided your buddies all lie in the pretend I.A.)

Or maybe, you just pepper spray the handcuffed guy in the mouth.

If you punch someone out on the basketball court and are a city council member, it's "mutual combat" but if you do it in another venue then you're a criminal.

While it would be nice not to ever have to resort to physical violence, there are times when such actions are appropriate. That's to suggest that it was appropriate in the instance of this bar fight.

The blanket prohibition against physicial violence harms society and confuses the issues. We would be much better served by a clear consensus on when such actions are appropriate. Unfortunately, that would probably limit the incomes of members of the legal profession, reduce the power of unionized badge carriers, inhibit the ability of pusillanimous do-gooders to force their will on everyone else.

This was a really unfortunate event, it's a shame NONE of the protagonists was smart enough to avoid it.
Say What

Manhattan Beach, CA

#17 Sep 20, 2008
Oops, typo....
"That's to suggest that it was appropriate in the instance of this bar fight."

should read
That's NOT to suggest that it was appropriate in the instance of this bar fight.

---
Not that I expect those who will flame after me to care much.
GRREY

Gloucester, MA

#19 Sep 20, 2008
He is not mexican hes italian and he is one of the nices guys you will ever meet. He was just at the wrong place wrong time, that other guy must have really pissed him off for johnny do that.Not saying that he deserved it. No one should. Before we pass judgements lets get all the facts first.Im sure both families are going threw enough pain right now. And there probaly dont want to here all this trash talking

“Quotes don't replace thinking”

Since: Aug 08

Temecula

#20 Sep 20, 2008
MSLBC wrote:
Are you white and perfect??????????
Note the "Reply" link, so people will have some idea what you're talking about. Just trying to help.
Melissa Neal

United States

#21 Sep 20, 2008
Andy wrote:
Unfortunately Mr. Klaus ran into antther SP thug ( probably gang member), criminal record out on the streets, maybe even here illegally. Once again its time to hang the FULL sig at the borders.
Penna is Italian not Hipanic you idiot!!!! AND... you don't know all the facts about this incident so you shouldn't comment!!!
Really Sad

Sandnes, Norway

#22 Sep 20, 2008
Italian, Mexican...it won't matter when they are done. He'll be known only as Prisoner 24601 for the rest of his life.

But I suspect he'll claim Latino in the County Hole.
to JJH

Redondo Beach, CA

#24 Sep 20, 2008
Your comments about lawndale are the same comments people from south redondo say about the people from north redondo.

I agree that it looks like he is under the influence though.

Can you give me the description of the proper culture life-style? It would be nice for it to be documented so schools and employers could start demanding it. Maybe store will put it on their no shoes, no service signs as well.
joseph

Anaheim, CA

#25 Sep 20, 2008
BAD MIX, alcohol and machismo minded males. Toxic to the community.
JJH

Canyon Country, CA

#26 Sep 20, 2008
to JJH wrote:
Your comments about lawndale are the same comments people from south redondo say about the people from north redondo.
I agree that it looks like he is under the influence though.
Can you give me the description of the proper culture life-style? It would be nice for it to be documented so schools and employers could start demanding it. Maybe store will put it on their no shoes, no service signs as well.
Yes, North Redondo is a mess also. To answer your question about what is a presentable look, and also what stores and businesses can put on their signs outlining appearance for hiring and entry, how about this for starters?

"Absolutely no males between 13-45, with any tattoos, piercings , or urban-inspired, fringe music/ghetto clothing, wearing goatees or chin hair will be considered for employment--- or entry into this establishment. Additionally, no jeri curls, or dreadlocks or other extreme hairstyles are permitted.
Preference will be given to those young men who come from solid local families in the south Redondo, south Torrance, Palos Verdes, El Segundo Manhattan Beach areas.
This is how many south bay residents feel after putting up with all the crap from outsiders over the years.
A Big Fan

Fountain Valley, CA

#27 Sep 20, 2008
bob mb wrote:
You are a very articulate man and we all love your one liners. How long did it take you to come up with all of these thoughts. And what part did you take in clearing out the bars in MB and pushing the unwanted crowd to HB. Please share this with us. I'll log on in a couple of hours to read your interesting thoughts. Otherwise, I wont be able to sleep tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redondo Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blacks, Latinos Taking Steps to Unify (May '06) Wed Taajsgpm 430
News Beverly Hills bakery accused of labor abuse by ... Mar 21 Joe 2
Kristopher farabee aka kris storm Mar 19 need info 1
News Venice Shooting: Adam Pacheco, 31. (Oct '08) Mar 19 whynot1645 22
News MARVIN GAYE'S SISTER WRITES TELL-ALL: Zeola Gay... (Apr '08) Mar 13 TheOriginalDoby 22
president (Jan '11) Mar 12 victor kartounian 2
Inglewood Jukebox Mar 11 Musikologist 2

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at March 27 at 7:11AM PDT

Redondo Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Redondo Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]