Dorner manhunt: Torrance neighborhood edgy after mistaken shootings

Full story: Los Angeles Times

Some Torrance residents remain on edge days after police officers participating in the massive manhunt for ex-LAPD Officer Christopher Jordan Dorner mistakenly shot up two pickups being driven by people not matching the description of the murder suspect.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2013
cops are pigs

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

typical cops
Cops

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

There is some truth to Dorner statement, I've known cops to lie, you people out there know that!
L johnson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

why don't the police ever say they are sorry for the attempted murder of three innoce people??
Cops

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

It looks like some of my comments were deleted with the exception of:
Cops wrote:
There is some truth to Dorner statement, I've known cops to lie, you people out there know that!
Here's the rest of my comments:

During cross-examination, Fuhrman, when asked by defense attorney F. Lee Bailey whether he had used the word the "N" word,

Fuhrman said, he hadn't used the word in 10 years.

The defense produced four witnesses to establish that Fuhrman had used the "N" word more recently, as well as an audiotape contradicting his testimony.

This testimony eventually resulted in a perjury conviction. In one 1985 recording, Fuhrman gave a taped interview to Laura Hart McKinny, a writer working on a screenplay about female police officers.

In another interview, he talked about gang members and was quoted as saying, "Yeah we work with "N-[expletive]" and gangs. You can take one of these "N-[expletive]", drag 'em into the alley and beat the shit out of them and kick them. You can see them twitch.

It really relieves your tension." He went on to say "we had them begging that they'd never be gang members again, begging us." He said that he would tell them, "You do what you're told, understand, "N-[expletive]?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Redondo Beach Discussions

Search the Redondo Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 min PEE PEE PETE 200,351
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 31 min Ban Central Station 4,889
Review: Sunflower Family Dental Office (Jul '13) 1 hr Jerry Boggs 3
Kayak Fishing Group for Redondo-Palos Verdes an... Mon New Kayak Fishing Group 1
Lightning Causes Outage in Manhattan Beach Mon Manhattan Hatter 3
Manhattan Beach Becomes Smoke-Free City Mon Manhattan hatter 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
•••
•••

Redondo Beach News Video

•••
•••

Redondo Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redondo Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE