Police: Salem man killed by train was...

Police: Salem man killed by train was victim of race attack

There are 15 comments on the Statesman Journal story from Jul 25, 2007, titled Police: Salem man killed by train was victim of race attack. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

A Salem man struck and killed by a freight train two weeks ago had been the victim of a racially motivated attack a few hours before his death, police said Tuesday. via Statesman Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

amber guy

Villa Park, CA

#1 Aug 3, 2007
I have to explain to my son why his father is gone.Its sad that racism is still present.I believe that my sons father was murder and placed on the tracks. It also was more than one person that did the attack.I believe that he was hit in the head with crow bar.head trauma was his cause of death.They placed him on the tracks to cover up the murder.I hope they catch the other suspect.
yabu

Portland, OR

#2 Aug 12, 2007
The Oregon Commission on Black Affairs is being posted on your concerns. Blessings to you!
J Walk

AOL

#3 Aug 14, 2007
Squirt was a true homie and was a victim of racism. I believe it was more than one person who did this to the homie and justice will be served.
yabu

Portland, OR

#4 Aug 14, 2007
J Walk: Why do you believe Squirt was a victim of racism and that more than one person was responsible for his death? I would like to know more about Squirt, his family and what he enjoyed doing? Can you help me with this? Yabu
amber guy

Burbank, CA

#5 Aug 29, 2007
I love you dad from D'anthonty WE love you and miss you.
amber guy

Burbank, CA

#6 Sep 3, 2007
[email protected]#$%&*squirt*&%$#@! RIP we love you !!!JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED
amber guy

Burbank, CA

#7 Sep 4, 2007
Today you'll be layed to rest so you can be at peace.
Veronica Petite

Paradise, CA

#8 Oct 29, 2007
I would like to thank everyone that took time from their life to pay respect to my husband and father of my children. However i would like to ask that you not post false items on this page. LaMarkus will be missed Amber i hope you do find peace for D'antony. Justice was not served Austin Chacon only got sentanced to 36 months injail and 36 months probation. LaMarkus II and LaTrell and Tyrique will never forget their father. Yabu in Portland if you would like to contact me to get the correct infomation please contact me at [email protected]
austin supporter

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Nov 12, 2007
whatever , austin didn't lay him on the tracks. Maybe kicked his ass, but thats it. thats on him if he layed on the tracks
austin supporter

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Nov 12, 2007
Also Austin has never been racist. I'm curious, what exactly led to the belief that this was a "hate crime"???????

'
Veronica Petite

Redmond, WA

#11 Nov 16, 2007
Well austin supporter. Did you see the tape of the first attack. Well I did and Austin did use racial slurs and witness that came forward told the police of the comments he made. My husband had to much to live for to just lay down on the tracks. Again please get the facts right. Austin sucker punched LaMarkus from the side with a weapon and LaMarkus was pulled off of Austin. So based on the tape LaMarkus won round one its just to bad Austin was a sore loser and took my husband from myself and our children. I am sad that you did not take the time to get all the facts before you stood by the side of a cold blooded killer.
Tyrique

Sacramento, CA

#12 May 23, 2013
I know i haven't seen my dad in a long time, and i wish i could of had more time to spend with him to actually get to kno him, the last time i seen him i think was about four and we went to his job at the car place, and he stood there and i remember me being mad at him for not being there, and not helping us, but i kno if he was still here i think he actually might try, im 14 now and ive been really wanting to find out what happened to him, i know how he died but i really wwanna find out why he died, and i asked my mom and i dont think he needed to die, and i also really wish i had some pictures of him, the only the picture ive seen of him, is his mugshot and when i see that i think of the things he did that was wrong, ive never seen him smile, and ive never seen him look happy all i see is his mugshot and i wish i had the opportunity to see the other side of him that im sure smiled alot, my uncle steve and chris told me he liked to joke around and i feel like i get that from him, i wish i had the time to see him and actually talk to him, and not be mad at him, and ive only seen one of my brothers and thats Lamarkus II and i wish i could see the other ones, i thank my uncle steve and chris for telling me the things they told me when i seen them, and i wish Veronica the best
DAnthony

Norwalk, CA

#13 Jul 14, 2013
Speechless
amber

Santa Ana, CA

#14 Dec 11, 2013
Tyrique i wish u the best happy holidays your dad talked about u alot n he loves u.i dont know if u lived n florida but he told me he was visiting with u there back n 2000.your brother D'Anthony is 15 now.we luv u squirt.......Lets do it like petites lol...
SquirtsSister

Sacramento, CA

#15 Jul 2, 2014
Rest in peace brother!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pure White and Pure Black Wolf Hybrid Puppies F... (Jan '12) Thu Wolfycat 31
Showing off hot sis and more Aug '17 tommurtha 1
News New Homeless Shelter Proposed In Prineville Jul '17 Chris 1
News Authorities lift health advisory for most of La... Jul '17 John Harris 1
Terri Jentz-Cline Falls (Aug '06) Jun '17 Wish bone 84
News More May '17 We Hate Coos Bay ... 1
News Astronomers plan to play hooky during August ec... May '17 NationalEclipseCom 1

Redmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redmond Mortgages