John Hammack Killed While Battling Or...

John Hammack Killed While Battling Oregon Wildfire, Another Firefighter Injured

There are 2 comments on the Switched story from Aug 3, 2013, titled John Hammack Killed While Battling Oregon Wildfire, Another Firefighter Injured. In it, Switched reports that:

A firefighter killed while battling a central Oregon wildfire has been identified as John Hammack of Madras, Oregon, officials said on Friday, as crews aided briefly by cooler, wetter weather grappled with blazes that have blackened more than 200 square miles of the Pacific Northwest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

John Harris

Gresham, OR

#1 Aug 10, 2013
Johnny Hammack was one tough Cowboy and I mean Cowboy. The only thing that was tough enough to kill him would be a large Ponderosa Pine. I knew John as an acquaintance and watched him ride for years out at Sisters and other rodeos. He could also hold his own and you did not want to say the wrong thing. He was like John Wayne that way and I mean look out if you crossed him.

I will miss seeing him in the Sister area.

Bend, OR

#2 Aug 13, 2013
God bless our firefighters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Bend and need to work! Oct 17 Crazyheart1297 1
Green by the OZ? Sep 21 Work24-7 1
Red door paint Sep '16 Reality 1
"Ghost Seekers" Looking for Haunted Places In O... (Feb '07) Aug '16 Jonathan 245
Terri Jentz-Cline Falls (Aug '06) Aug '16 Brad 81
News Stormy evening: Lightning hits Redmond homes, s... Jul '16 Keira 1
News Renewed Push For Prineville Indoor Pool Jul '16 Keira 1

Redmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redmond Mortgages