Waushara County man charged with bree...

Waushara County man charged with breeding roosters for fighting

There are 4 comments on the WisInfo story from Oct 27, 2009, titled Waushara County man charged with breeding roosters for fighting. In it, WisInfo reports that:

A Waushara County man faces up to 125 years in prison on charges related to breeding and selling roosters to fight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

theneighbor

Ripon, WI

#1 Nov 2, 2009
i live right down the road from the guy who did this. personally i think rooster fighting is a horrible thing to do, but the guy was just raising them. my parents say hes a harmless man. i think 125 years is way too much. a person could be a sexual preditor and get less time then this. i think that is 10x more sick.
Judy Rae

Cross Timbers, MO

#2 Nov 26, 2009
As an animal lover, I think their should be more punishment for things like this. Harmless man or not, he's enabling the rooster fighting by raising them. He's agreeing that its OK to do it by raising them. It's like saying that its OK to raise marijana as long as you don't smoke it.
Just my opinion,
Col Rhett

Appleton, WI

#3 Dec 5, 2009
I'm an animal lover too and deplore rooster fighting,etc. but I agree with the neighbor, the punishment is way too much and it is VERY sick that a rapist, child molester or murderer gets a much less sentence. Judy, why pick on marijuana? Alcohol and tobacco do much more damage to humans but they have lobbyists. Care for people as much as you do animals.
Judy Rae

United States

#4 Dec 14, 2009
I think sometimes that I do care more about animals then some people. Animals have no choice in the way they are raised...in fact, they have no choices in anything. This man had a choice...its called Right or Wrong. I don't think its wrong that he got such a stiff sentence. I think its wrong that rapist, child molesters and murderers don't get stronger sentences. As far as the comparison to marijuana, it was just an example, not a statement. I maybe could have used something else. I'm not saying what is wrong or right, just giving my opinion of the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redgranite Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redgranite Doctor on probation for Assaulting ... Feb '17 Badman1124 1
News Dartford Cemetery has spooky reputation (Nov '07) Jan '17 Anson Dart 372
News Dartford Cemetery has spooky reputation (Nov '07) Jan '17 Anson Dart 140
Hello to Red g ranite (Aug '16) Aug '16 Amy 2
News Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (... (Aug '16) Aug '16 storm warning 1
News Authorities find person in Wisconsin hunter's f... (Nov '15) Jun '16 mac 2
News Vincent A. Panske (Oct '08) Apr '16 amberpanske 3

Redgranite Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redgranite Mortgages