Area firm takes out troublesome e-trash

Apr 24, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: HomeTownLife.com

It's a familiar site on the curb - a discarded TV or computer. Doug Verkeyn and colleagues at Global Electric Electronic Processing are working to change that.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 3, 2011
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

It’s too bad a person still can’t get these things picked up though. I recently threw my dead 30” TV into the building dumpster, and then only because I had someone help me carry it down to and then lift it into the dumpster. Many people not only do not have access to a vehicle but we also do not have the physical ability to haul these electronics around. And if someone does start such a pick up program, some of us also have so little money just for our food and other basics that we will have no choice but to throw the items out anyway if we are charged for such a pickup. And there are a lot of people in this situation, and the number will only increase with the aging baby boomers who do not all have money and physical strength, so a lot of electronics that should be recycled will still end up in the landfills. Also you can add into the equation the fact that many people living in apartments who could afford to pay a small amount would not bother to but simply dump the item into or beside the building bin either to save their money or because they might have to take time off work to be home for a pickup. And anyone who does have a vehicle and the strength but also works days cannot bring their items to the site because of the open hours of the site (7am to 3pm M-F) unless they take time off work, and who is going to do that?

Are governments still subsidizing the other recycling program? It looks like electronics recycling also needs assistance to protect our environment and to stretch out the life spans of our landfill sites – which cost money too. If they can have trucks going around picking up other oversized items then they can include picking up thrown away electronics on the recycle days too. And hopefully they are already taking the other big items they currently pick up to be recycled instead of just filling up landfill sites with them. To save driving all over town the current recycling vehicles can be equipped to relay their location when they encounter electronics out with the rest of the recycles so those picking up the electronics would only have to attend to those locations, and the regular recycle vehicles could include a small electronics bin for the smaller stuff and have a vehicle meet them if the bin threatens to become full. The county or cities could also include a phone-in option for those unable to carry the items to the curb can have people go into their residence to pick up the item, and volunteers might even be willing to do that work if they could be notified of those in need. So there are ways to do this and apparently we are willing to spend some money on recycling our waste instead of just spending it on dumping everything into landfill sites.
Web

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Hey Joe! I love you! You are the best! Never mind what that loser Scott Welsh says. I love ya man. Keep fighting the good fight and keep your posts coming. Especially on the Barrie Police site! See ya around!
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Thanks web,

You really took me by surprise, because I can’t remember the last time anyone bothered to say anything nice to me. Normally only abusive people address me to throw more garbage my way.

Thanks again
Lisa

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

To JosephThePoet: I agree with Web. I luv what you are writing. You sound like a really attractive man, both on the inside and out. Is it too much to ask if you are single? I have been looking for a man like you for a long time. I have been reading all of your post, alot having to do with the Barrie Cops. I agree with what you have been writing. Anyway, I hope that you are single and do not find it too assuming of me to ask. Keep up the writings.
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Lisa,

I am single. You can find a picture of me and information about my beliefs on my web site at: www.josephthepoet.com

You will also find some of my poetry, and my thoughts about different subjects. And if you like my poems then let me know because I still have a few of my books left that I’ve been giving out occasionally since I made the purchase a few years ago. And that goes for Web too.

But if you are a younger woman my picture will surely disappoint you. And my being on ODSP would be a financial burden for anyone seeking a relationship with me, because of the ODSP rules of taking away the benefits from a person on ODSP and placing the financial burden on the person they have the relationship with. This makes it almost impossible for anyone who is forced into barely surviving on ODSP to ever pursue a marital relationship with another human being.

And I think you will also be disappointed because I do not subscribe to the usual pagan practices of our society and I will never accept indulging in them in an affront to God for a possible relationship with someone for an unknown period of time, no matter if she is even the most beautiful and sexy woman alive. God and my soul come first to me, and even a massively beautiful woman can be poisonous to my soul instead of uplifting to it which should be the case. I am only willing to pursue a permanent relationship with a woman who really chooses me, and that means the real me and all of me so she must be willing to accept what which she already knows about me and question me to find out why I think the way I do to ensure she really likes who I choose to be. I will post the poem I wrote about that subject on my site today, provided the site is not acting up again. It is called “Not Just Someone Like Me”.
Lisa

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

OMG! I love your web site! Do not under estimate yourself. You are quite a handsome looking man and from what I see and read, have plenty to offer any woman. I am 52 years old, and if I remember right, you are 50 something as well? I wish that there was some way that the two of us could meet because after reading your website, I feel that we have so much in common. That is probably stepping out of line in this type of forum, unless you can suggest something, as I really feel that I have to meet you. I do hope to hear from you soon.
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Lisa,

Thanks for the nice comment about my looks but I, like everyone does, look better when I weigh less so my facial structure shows. And I never look that good in photos, especially my driver’s license ones.

I do not underestimate myself Lisa. Even though I have physical damage I can still engage in most physical actions, other than running which would rip my knees out right away, so long as I get to choose my specific actions and set the pace to protect myself. When I owned my own home I did electrical, carpentry, masonry, plumbing, and other work to repair or upgrade it and the 2 acre mostly overgrown neglected property - even with my damaged back. I have a good soul and plenty to offer a good woman, but if someone’s current financial position and his willingness to engage in every pagan practice everyone else does are guiding the woman’s choices than I am definitely not her type.

And you seem to be very excited, but you should calm down or you might find yourself flipping into a state of depression if it doesn’t work out the way you hope it will. Even if people like each other it doesn’t mean they will both be attracted to each other to the extent of eventually desiring a matrimonial union.

If you click on the “Send Your Comments” button on my site then you can send me your e-mail address and a message, then we can communicate with more privacy and arrange a meeting. I checked it today and it is functioning correctly. But please ensure you read a lot of what I have posted before you pursue things any further, because you may find information there that would cause you to rethink your current interest in me. People can just talk and act friendly toward each other too you know.
Lisa

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Joe: The more I read on your web site, the more I grow closer to you. I feel myself getting more emotional every time I read something from your site. You are truly a wonderful human being, and sexy in your own way. I am started to get aroused by you Joe. I will take your advice and send a photo of me on your web site. I am nervous that you may be disappointed, but I want everything to be perfect. I want to go to a photo shop downtown Barrie(not far from where I live) and get a nice picture taken for you. I hope you will like it. Watch for it shortly. Talk to you soon Joe.
Corey

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Get a room.
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

I think someone is playing a game here, eh Lisa?
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Don’t you just love the liars?

They like to prove how smart they are by lying to temporarily deceive people.

And they do prove how smart they are. They are just as smart as any two year old who can lie.
Lisa

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Joe: I am not lieing. I am deeply hurt.
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

I expected your denial response, probably attached with a,“you hurt me” type of comment.

Anyone giving an honest reading to your posts and mine will have no problem seeing the truth.

But I will not change and assume everyone is a liar just because I encounter people like you. I think most people want to be taken at their word and not just assumed to be liars, but people like you think it is okay for you to lie to others but that no one should ever lie to you. People like you don’t live by the principle of “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”, as you are so selfish that you think the whole world should treat you properly while you just throw your crap around.

Now remember whenever people lie to you to deceive you about anything that you think lying and deceiving people is funny, so just suck it up and laugh child.
Lisa

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Why do you think I am lying? If you do think this, I won't carry on anything further. If you do however want to take me at face value, then the two of us can try and move forward.
JosephThePoet

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Lisa,

If I take you at face value and assume you are a 50 year old woman, then you have proven to me that you are not interested in my beliefs and are simply looking for someone to end your loneliness and to provide you with sexual pleasures. And by choosing to post your physical lust for me here when I had given you a way to contact me privately, and by your claiming that I asked you for your picture when I did not, you have made it clear that you have no respect at all for me.

There are sites online for you to access others in Barrie who are simply seeking sexual pleasures, and nothing in any of my posts here or on my site would lead anyone to believe that I would have any interest in such casual relationships.

You finally decided to contact me through my site like I told you to do before you posted your picture and arousal comments here, even though you said you would let it go if I didn't pursue it, but I will not contact you by e-mail and I do not wish to meet you. Find someone like yourself instead.
Lisa

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Joe; Let me start by addressing some of your comments. i am not a fifty year old woman. I never claimed that you asked for my picture, that is your assumption. I had one that I was going to e-mail to you privately. By the way, I did e-mail you, but you never responded. I am seeking a lot more than a casual, sexual relationship. I was seeking a deep, meaningful relationship, with someone like you, or so I thought. I never said that I would let it go if you didn't pursue it. In short, I was hoping to start a deep, intellectual relationship with you, and slowly get to know one another. I gave you my full name and e-mail address, and a chance to meet in public to get things started slowly, but you chose to reject all that. I hope you and your computer have a nice life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Redford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Redford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••