53 arrested in Detroit dog fighting ring

53 arrested in Detroit dog fighting ring

There are 17 comments on the Detroit News story from Jul 14, 2008, titled 53 arrested in Detroit dog fighting ring. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Wayne County Sheriff Warren Evans says deputies busted a "major dog fighting ring" on the city's east side on Monday, arresting 53 people and seizing $27,000 in cash, several weapons and drugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

biggymun

AOL

#1 Jul 14, 2008
make them get on all 4rs naked in a ring and shove a cattle prod up thier blowhole till they fight to the finis then hang them
mallice

Lima, OH

#3 Jul 15, 2008
Thanks to all the nabs like these who have no respect for anything let alone dogs. Oh but wait, Detroit along with Redford are going to try to pass a dangerous dog ban because of worthless scumbags like the ones in detroit and ruin is for the rest of us. Thanks a lot chellas.
Belair Road

Toledo, OH

#4 Jul 23, 2008
The mayor of the city of Detroit should have held a press conference to speak about this brutality of hideous dogfighting that continues to spread evil and death to the poor dogs and the community.

The mayor needs to say that oganized, vicious dogfighting that hidiously hides in Detroit will not be tolerated!

Every person at that dogfighting, death event needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!Give each of the 53 people who were arrested at this BARBARIC, TORTURE CHAMBER event four years in prison!They deserve to be in prison for four years!This kind of animal cruelty (to watch or participate in) is a four year felony. Let the heartless, cruel and hideously evil 53 people (animal killers) each receive FOUR YEARS IN PRISON. They damn well deserve it. Creepy,criminal dog killing evil no good scum of the earth a##holes. Suffer in prison! You cowards. Animal torturers. I pray to God you each get four years in prison. Aholes.

Please. God. Let there be justice for the dogs in Detroit.

Let justice shine for all the animals on God's earth.
Belair Road

Toledo, OH

#5 Jul 23, 2008
Let it be known that organized dogfighting rings horribly injure and kill small, helpless animals, too. They throw them in the rings to let the dogs tear them apart. This is part of their training, which is supposed to train the dogs to be killers. The people who are involved in dogfighting are dangerous, heartless and extremely evil! Give them prison time if they are caught! Show them no mercy!

Now, just imagine what happens if these dogs get loose and lost in your community. If I were an animal which had been trained to attack and kill, I would hate humans. I would hate their guts. Some of the dogs, not all of them, will attack you so fast you will not know what hit you. Then, you will realize, oh my God, you are being attacked by a dog who may bite you to death. Good luck, trying to escape the jaws of a strong attack dog.

Give these people who torture, kill and brutalize animals four years in prison!

Make it safe for the people in our communities to be able to walk in their neighborhoods without the fear of being attacked by some lost dog who has been terriby, viciously abused by his criminal owner. Make it safe for the people in our communities to be able to walk their beloved pets without the fear of being attacked and killed by some lost dog who has been terribly, viciously abused and trained to kill by his callous, very stupid, criminal owner.

Give the people who are caught and arrested in dogfighting rings the maximum sentence. Four years in prison. Show them NO MERCY!

Organized dogfighting rings should not be tolerated in any of our communities.

Give them four years in prison. They should not be allowed to continue to put our dear dogs and neighborhoods in danger of death and destruction.

Stop allowing them to put people and beloved pets in danger of injury and/or death. It is a matter of life and death!

Say a prayer for the two pit bulls who WERE FORCED to fight in this most recent dogfighting chamber of death event. The dogs are innocent! I pray for them! I cry for all animals who are mistreated and abused!

Justice for the dogs in Detroit! Justice for dogs and animals everywhere! All over the world. Justice for all animals on God's earth!

the truth

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2008
LETS LOCK EVERY BODY UP FOR EVERYTHING. YOU GUYS ARE CRYBABIES OVER SOME PEOPLE FIGHTING ANIMALS,WHO CARES PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF YEARS. FOUR YEARS IN JAIL???YOUR A JOKE WHO EVER WROTE THAT. A FINE YES OK, BUT LONG JAIL TIME OVER FIGHTING DOGS, WASTE OF JAIL SPACE. RATHER SEE A KILLER/RAPIST/BANK ROBBER CHILD MOLESTER IN THEIR PLACE.
mallice

Lima, OH

#7 Jul 31, 2008
the truth wrote:
LETS LOCK EVERY BODY UP FOR EVERYTHING. YOU GUYS ARE CRYBABIES OVER SOME PEOPLE FIGHTING ANIMALS,WHO CARES PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF YEARS. FOUR YEARS IN JAIL???YOUR A JOKE WHO EVER WROTE THAT. A FINE YES OK, BUT LONG JAIL TIME OVER FIGHTING DOGS, WASTE OF JAIL SPACE. RATHER SEE A KILLER/RAPIST/BANK ROBBER CHILD MOLESTER IN THEIR PLACE.
90% of the people fighting dogs are convicted felons you idiot. The point im getting at is cities and counties want to put a dog ban on certain breeds because stupid chellas want to make a few bucks off fighting them. So there they go ruining it for the rest of us like they do everything else.
Belair Road

Toledo, OH

#8 Aug 1, 2008
"You can tell the character and heart of a person by how they treat animals."

www.animallawinfo.com

From the Animal Legal and Historical Center.
Dog Fighting Detailed Discussion.

Michigan State University College of Law.
Belair Road

Toledo, OH

#9 Aug 1, 2008
You can tell the character and heart of a person by the way they treat animals.
Belair Road

Toledo, OH

#10 Aug 1, 2008
Correction:

www.animallaw.info/articles/ddusdogfighting.h...

Dog Fighting Detailed Discussion

Animal Legal Historical Center

Michigan State University College of Law
Place of Pulbication

Since: Jun 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Aug 1, 2008
Detroit? No way!!!! Next thing you know people will be killing each other....oh wait!
Belair Road

Toledo, OH

#12 Aug 1, 2008
Place of Publication
Michigan State University College of Law

Rich

Comstock Park, MI

#13 Jan 25, 2010
I say just put them "people" in a cage with about 15 of the dogs and see how they like it.
jjones444

Provo, UT

#15 Nov 16, 2010
Are you serious? We still have to deal with dog fighting rings? I thought that was a thing of the past. I don't know why these guys don't understand that dog fighting IS animal abuse. Teaching these dogs to attack and kill each other is dangerous and stupid. I can't believe this is even still an issue. http://www.seponds.com/
Who cares

Douglasville, GA

#16 Jul 2, 2012
I'm an animal lover and have two pitbulls of my own that I take very good care. In my opinion though, who gives a shit if these people are fighting dogs. Are they just mad that they're not paying taxes off the money earned? 4 years in jail, ha. Dog's fight on their own as it is and that's not illegal. I'm a big fan of UFC, and isn't this really the same thing? Oh, nevermind, the gov't allows it because of the income taxes that they could charge on it.

Kings and Queens used to watch dogs fight each other and other animals, to the death. So if it's ok for royalty, why shouldn't it be ok for cracked out junkies in D-town? Point being, mind ya bizness. If Vic wouldn't have been famous when his house in Virginia had a dog fighting ring in it, this case would've never even showed up. They would've received a fine and possibly had the money confiscated for tax evasion, but that's it, nothing more.
Amos

Livonia, MI

#17 Jul 2, 2012
Who cares wrote:
I'm an animal lover and have two pitbulls of my own that I take very good care. In my opinion though, who gives a shit if these people are fighting dogs. Are they just mad that they're not paying taxes off the money earned? 4 years in jail, ha. Dog's fight on their own as it is and that's not illegal. I'm a big fan of UFC, and isn't this really the same thing? Oh, nevermind, the gov't allows it because of the income taxes that they could charge on it.
Kings and Queens used to watch dogs fight each other and other animals, to the death. So if it's ok for royalty, why shouldn't it be ok for cracked out junkies in D-town? Point being, mind ya bizness. If Vic wouldn't have been famous when his house in Virginia had a dog fighting ring in it, this case would've never even showed up. They would've received a fine and possibly had the money confiscated for tax evasion, but that's it, nothing more.
It took you almost two years to figure out a response.
Kingfish

South Lyon, MI

#18 Jul 2, 2012
... now that the subject is brought up again ... those negoroids are savages, huh?
Norman

Buffalo, NY

#20 Jul 2, 2012
Obama said,"Even Sarah Palin is getting back in the game, guest hosting on the Today Show," Obama began. "Which reminds me of an old saying... what's the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? A pitbull is delicious."

Is that supposed to be a dog joke or a bitch joke?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Livonia hatchetmen about to do another number o... 14 hr Watchman 1
livonia councilman brandon kritzman protecting... 23 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 3
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Sun WATCHING LIVONIA 15
Oops! David Kutek did it again (Jul '14) Sat Tyrone 3
Redford should I move there? (Sep '13) Sat Tyrone 21
Review: A And M Express 1 LLC Sat JB Hunt 2
Calls from Long Distance of Mi Inc ? May 29 Want to know 2
More from around the web

Redford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]