Police and fire layoff option looms

Police and fire layoff option looms

There are 3 comments on the Hometown Life story from Feb 19, 2010, titled Police and fire layoff option looms. In it, Hometown Life reports that:

Facing a $3 million shortfall in fiscal 2010-11, township officials are preparing to begin frequent and possibly lengthy hearings on next year's budget scheduled for adoption within six weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown Life.

BT Express

Mission, KS

#1 Feb 19, 2010
It is widely understood that times are tough for all of us. But in studying any proposed solutions I would hope that the Township would start by making reductions in areas that would have less potential for being hurtful to the good community of Redford Township. My advice to the Township officials is for them to more carefully review their solutions...
syd anders

Dearborn Heights, MI

#2 Mar 7, 2012
Start by getting rid of the useless dog catcher Denise Neichman! The does not do her job i.e. ticketing residents who allow their dogs to bark at all hours! You will find her frequenting yard sales during work hours as well.
Dino

Redford, MI

#3 Mar 8, 2012
Would we need more police officers if they weren't spending their entire shifts pulling over speeders on Telegraph? I would love for them to drive up and down my street once and a while. My neighborhood has completely gone to the dogs. I don't care about speeders. I care about my daughter witnessing a drug deal last month and the guy that chooses my sidewalk to have a loud fight with his wife on. A guy speeding coming down off the 96 overpass doesn't hurt me. Crime does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AK Steel/UAW contract 16 hr bfburner 11
Muslims ( LAKE OF FIRE ) FOREVER Mar 21 unless you repent 1
Jesus Christ ( IS GOD ) REPENT Mar 20 War On Christ 1
Repent And Believe The Gospel Of Jesus Christ Mar 20 War On Christ 1
2018 governor Mar 18 Ray 1
What is going to happen to St Vincent and Sarah... (May '06) Mar 15 kristenA 311
Moving to Redford, advice please. Feb '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 4

Redford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redford Mortgages