Movie aside, Westland Historical Comm...

Movie aside, Westland Historical Commission presents 'real story' of Eloise

There are 2 comments on the Plymouth Township Observer story from May 5, 2014, titled Movie aside, Westland Historical Commission presents 'real story' of Eloise. In it, Plymouth Township Observer reports that:

The Kay Beard Building, which has housed the Eloise Museum, is slated to be closed this year by Wayne County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Plymouth Township Observer.

kev

Taylor, MI

#1 May 5, 2014
Most of the numerous buildings are gone. This place was a small city at one time. Many pateints were buried across Michigan ave. Historical place but not exactly pristine buildings like greenfield village. Supposedly haunted.
Dan Muldoon

Schaumburg, IL

#2 May 6, 2014
There's a million stories in the naked city and thousands from Eloise. Such was a time when even vaguely strange people were held in suspension at institutions. For some is was a prison. For others it was a sanctuary. For those in general society it meant not having to deal with abnormality and acting out. It was a safer time. Charles Manson was right. There was a time when being crazy meant something. It meant you'd be locked up. Now everybody is crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) 8 hr Sarah 191
News Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza label... 8 hr As I see it 1
News Detroit teen charged in Livonia home invasion Fri Hunter 5
AK Steel/UAW contract Thu Iron Man 23
Another lawsuit May 23 WATCHING LIVONIA 3
Anyone know May 21 Brad 1
News At long last! Dunkin Donuts on Plymouth Road opens May 19 Karen N Kennedy 3

Redford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redford Mortgages