Annexation of Redford Township

Annexation of Redford Township

Posted in the Redford Forum

Walter

Englewood, CO

#1 Mar 19, 2014
Posting a feeler for Township residents...if you were given the opportunity on a ballot to annex Redford - under the premise that our borders, in their entirety would be absorbed by Livonia - would you vote for it? I suppose the greater question is, would Livonia accept such a plan. The only reason I thought about this is because of the condition of the school districts - my hope would be that the districts would be shut down, taken over by Livonia Public Schools in some capacity - unlikely, but it would at least be possible.
Montieth

Livonia, MI

#2 Mar 19, 2014
Walter wrote:
Posting a feeler for Township residents...if you were given the opportunity on a ballot to annex Redford - under the premise that our borders, in their entirety would be absorbed by Livonia - would you vote for it? I suppose the greater question is, would Livonia accept such a plan. The only reason I thought about this is because of the condition of the school districts - my hope would be that the districts would be shut down, taken over by Livonia Public Schools in some capacity - unlikely, but it would at least be possible.
I surely hope that question never actually shows up on the radar screen. Cities are not like adoption agencies where they are willing to take on liabilities with no hope, not a shred, o f success. Would you willingly stick your head under water? No and double no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 1 hr RFLivonia 17
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) 2 hr Winnie 45
News Security Guard's Home Reportedly Searched In Mi... Wed LookatCranberry 8
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Jan 15 WATCHING LIVONIA 130
mitchells seafood fish market use to have good... Jan 14 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Whistle Stop Pop Shop Jan 14 slmb4607 1
livonias abusive ordinance officer steve banko (Dec '13) Jan 11 ben dover 10

Redford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Redford Mortgages