Wayne County Communities Sue to Keep Tax Money Earmarked for Zoo, DIA

Feb 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Nine Wayne County communities that capture a portion of the revenue from voter-approved millages intended to help fund the Detroit Institute of Arts and the Detroit Zoo are asking a judge to decide whether the practice is legal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
ray

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

This also means more oversight is needed at every level. City,COUNTY, and state.federal is different entity. Yes it is a no brainer that 100% of funds should have been allocated fer zoo and dia.citizens let this be a lesson. No more millage increases. Let them do whatever they have to do with less funds.streamlining is the key. Remember how ficano tried to sell us on this jail and look who he had behind the scenes looking out for their own pay and special interests. And look at all these secret connections. We elect these people to be faithful to the cause.when this is violated we need new people who will uphold the will of the citizens. This includes appointees and others employed under them.
ray

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Pastor jim i realize u r religious. But we have to look at consequences it had led us to .i was big supporter of Robert until things evolved. This isnt about physical things .it is about accountability sir. Even in religious sense there has to be citizens who take a stand. He will get his pension on retirement. The things that he allowed to transpire may not rise to level of unlawfulness but there has been people under him who were dismissed for taking a stand. Good people r everywhere. I have relatives who r religious .how effective he and others r at doing the job they r entrusted with is the real issue.
ray

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

People can be redeemed and forgiven. But this doesn't mean they get to have their cake and eat it too. This campaigning for a person on county time is not legal. We have to look at these jobs as a legitimate way of showing citizens they r being wholeheartedly attended to. The one guy alone who was terminated making 50 k a year for revealing a violation of this policy. He can be redeemed . But everyone has consequences when rules r violated reverend at expense of public trust.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

ray wrote:
People can be redeemed and forgiven. But this doesn't mean they get to have their cake and eat it too. This campaigning for a person on county time is not legal. We have to look at these jobs as a legitimate way of showing citizens they r being wholeheartedly attended to. The one guy alone who was terminated making 50 k a year for revealing a violation of this policy. He can be redeemed . But everyone has consequences when rules r violated reverend at expense of public trust.
It is possible to have your cake and eat it too. It is not possible to eat your cake and then have it too. Timing is everything. How can you expect people to work for only $50K per year without perks?
ray

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I work for way less. The perks should be given by employer. Not stolen!it is true when a person like turkia was overpaid onpublic dime and wanted even more in her greedy hands they get used to a lavish lifestyle.how do othet peoplr make it on less money? Greed and corruption go hand in hand. When people attain jobs that they didn't earn rightfullly and fairly and r appointed underhandedly it is reprehensible. Especially when public never was aware. That guy let go by ficano probably appreciated the money he made. He just didn't want to campaign on county time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Redford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Redford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance