Girl, 16, killed in Redford house fire

A fire broke out in a house in suburban Detroit early Monday, killing a 16-year-old girl and injuring her mother, a fire official says. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jessyca

Livonia, MI

#21 Mar 27, 2007
its been over a year that katies been gone
everyone still talks about her and misses her to this day
Brettyl

South Africa

#22 Jun 23, 2007
i think it was a waste cos i was the first with her and no how it felt for her and me and why she did it i downt know but now i miss her so much

“I'm Becka, 16. :)”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#23 Jun 24, 2007
This is so sad. I feel bad for what happened. Best wishes go to the family. My Heart Gos Out to the Family. <3
Cheryl

Royal Oak, MI

#24 Feb 20, 2009
Wow, I was just sitting here today and Katie poped into my head. It's hard to believe that its been a little over three years since that beautiful young lady passed. God bless! My heart still goes out to her mom, Aunt Lisa, and Sam, as well as all the rest of her family. Looking back at everything today still hurts. Maybe not as much as it did the day it happened, but non-the-less, it still hurts. To all of those who started ugly rumors about her mother, I can't imagin the disapointment you felt or fell now to know the truth. Shame on you all! Now rest in peace beautiful Katie and know that your still in many peoples thoughts, prayers, and memories!
David alan withrow

Broken Arrow, OK

#25 Jun 29, 2010
AlifeOnceLost wrote:
Thank you and I know who you are<3
ok look im gonna tell u that there is sumthin fuckin wronge wit that hole situation ok i known katie just as much as anybody an i can be the one to speak for her behalf! since she cant bless her heart.. i lived right behind her an i meen literally behind her but i want sum one to look at the facts that where posted by the news it says the fire started in the back rear room in witch katie was in sleeping pastout while her mom tells the police she was in the living room when she found out that the room was on fire ok how the fuck did she end up wit minor burns,, now look MINOR burns that couldnt of happened inless she was in that room when it happened,, an i kno ur prolly gonna say yah well she may have tried to save her daughter but it also says that her daughter was traped in that room how the fuck do u get traped in a room inless her mom locked the door on her so think about this that fire didnt just start from sum fuckin plug in the wall or sum candle spilling over her mom locked her in that fuckin room an lit the bitch on fire cuz it also says the room was a clutter witch for those who dont understand what that meens it was a bunch of stuffed animales an note books an papers on the floor an on her bed her mom knew that if she started a fire in there that she would get away wit it cuz it was such a mess anything could have caught an i think she did it cuz she cant handle the mom responsiblity so what she do she takes her own daughter outa the world so there wouldnt be no more arguements no more fights no more money problems , she aint gotta take care of nothing but herself just to where her mom had HER peace an quite but not katies peice an quite just her moms selfish ass ,,if u where to go into her house now after her mom moved back into it look in there BET u my hole god damn bank account there is not one pic of katie!!! why is that self guilt cant bear to look into the face of a person u killed.. cant stand up an cum forth for what u done,, i kno u cant ur to scared to go to prison but its all good cuz im already going to the police an have them re-open the case from that night an ill be sure to see ur bitch ass behind bars!!! its where u belong < but yah katie may have peace an quite now where shes at!! god rest her soul but as for her mom burn in fuckin hell plz do!!!! an if i see ur face ever again make sure its in the papers or on the news that ur ass has went to jail .. u kno u did just confess makes peoples jobs alott easier,, but im sry katie we all miss u an loves u like no other an u want to kno that no one forgot about u im gonna look at the date ,,, JUNE 29 2010 4:41 in the morning im posting this cuz i want the truth to cum out this is for u katie ill be ur voice ill make sure that ur heared people will kno ,, i loves u katie u will always be missed :( sighned ur dearest friend

David Alan Withrow
Tony

Troy, MI

#26 Jun 29, 2010
Thanks to David, we now know the whole neighborhood is composed of freaks.
Katiesfrienddoub leOseven

Trussville, AL

#27 Sep 29, 2010
Thank u David for being her voice. She needs it. Still to the day i think about her everyday like i was finding out her passing fo the first time. i too have to agree with you. that if anyone truly knew Katie and her mother they knew the situation and all the fighting. but I know that if my daughter/son were trapped in a burning room i would kill myself trying to get to them like a devoted mother did down here. Rest in piece KATIE LAPRADD you are truly missed and are forever in our hearts. Thank you for always being there when we needed you, sry i couldnt be there to save you. with all the love i can give. I cant believe its been almost five years. i hope your having fun jumping in all the puddles you can find and building the tallest snowmen. i'll always remember my neon. even though i never got to drive it. And to everyone who ever knew Katie we were blessed werent we? and to all those who never got the chance she was a life changer for sure but an angel in disguise.
Diane dahlka

Bellevue, MI

#28 Dec 19, 2011
Our Sweet Katie, it's been 6 long years without your beautiful face and you are ever so missed by all of us ! Your Uncles and Cousins we all shared a thought a conversation a laugh and tear about you today! It's been so hard without you for us but even harder for Dad. Do know which I'm sure you do He visit's with you every Sunday. And so you know when you were here the amount of love he had for you was beyond belief, and big Sister Erin well she just adored you crazy you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan and Britain conde... 8 hr Steve 8
Cox wins handily, will represent Livonia in sta... 10 hr Kevin 6
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) 12 hr Cantfoolme 34
Witnesses describe robbery of murdered teens 18 hr reality is a crutch 4
Review: Jim The Irish Plumber (Jun '10) Tue brz 23
Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) Tue Better spent else... 109
sparks fly again dec. 1st between chris martin ... Dec 15 SoB 6
Redford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Redford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Redford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Redford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST