Girl, 16, killed in Redford house fire

Full story: Detroit Free Press

A fire broke out in a house in suburban Detroit early Monday, killing a 16-year-old girl and injuring her mother, a fire official says.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
juggalette

Since: Dec 05

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2005

do u know what her name was becouse i think she was my friend
rhythmofmyheart2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2005

Katie Lapradd and if this is Amanda then yes manda she was your friend.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2005

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAIMLY !
babel_fish

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2005

juggalette wrote:
do u know what her name was becouse i think she was my friend
She is my stepsister, her name is Katie LaPradd and this happened in Redford.
babel_fish

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2005

rhythmofmyheart2 wrote:
Katie Lapradd and if this is Amanda then yes manda she was your friend.
If you knew Katie well or were one of her close friends can you please tell me a list of bands that she liked? We are collecting music to play at the visitation/services. So far we have: Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy, Marilyn Manson, and Nine Inch Nails - are these accurate? We would also like to collect some more
egizerbunn

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2005

My prayers go out to her family and friends. Does anyone know if the rumors are true that her mother had something to do with her death and the fire? god I hope that they are just spiteful rumors. god bless us all
unknown

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2006

They may have fought like any mother and daughter but to say that her mother could or would kill her own daughter is ludacrous. So any rumors that you might have heard are exactly that RUMORS.
egizerbunn wrote:
My prayers go out to her family and friends. Does anyone know if the rumors are true that her mother had something to do with her death and the fire? god I hope that they are just spiteful rumors. god bless us all
juggalo homiez 69

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2006

katie was a great person, and this should not have happened to her this soon in her life! but they have always said "the good die young"! and she was better then good, she was great... i didnt know her very well, but i know this becuz she was one of those people who walked into a room, and u could feel ur life get better... all becuz she is in the same room as u... and i mean, i would consider her one of my friends!!! we will never forget u katie!!! HOMIES TILL THE END!!!
A friend of Katies

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2006

unknown wrote:
They may have fought like any mother and daughter but to say that her mother could or would kill her own daughter is ludacrous. So any rumors that you might have heard are exactly that RUMORS.
<quoted text>
No they didnt just fight like any mother and daughter! Her mom hated Katie! So get your facts strait. She was one of my best friends and i dont like any of these crazy rumors either but yeah its not ludacrous. ah i dont know it just hurts when i see stuff posted thats not true.
i miss her

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

I miss katie soo much :'( it happened a little while ago but it still hurts i miss her and i wish she is having fun with her Faygo and Marilyn Manson songs
I miss her

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

A friend of Katies wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didnt just fight like any mother and daughter! Her mom hated Katie! So get your facts strait. She was one of my best friends and i dont like any of these crazy rumors either but yeah its not ludacrous. ah i dont know it just hurts when i see stuff posted thats not true.
Okay I have no clue who you are but one her Mother did not do anything she loved that girl you mat have known what Katie have told you but I know it from the insided Katie is my cousin my Best friend and I was hers so please stop starting crap my Aunt NEVER would do anything like that

thanks
I miss her

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

babel_fish wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew Katie well or were one of her close friends can you please tell me a list of bands that she liked? We are collecting music to play at the visitation/services. So far we have: Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy, Marilyn Manson, and Nine Inch Nails - are these accurate? We would also like to collect some more
Okay honey if you guys were close friends you would have known everything sorry this just pisses me off this whole site how could you guys think her mother did that
Katies Aunt Lisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2006

Dearborn & all That thought you knew MY NEICE!!!AND MY SISTER...
HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK SUCH FUCKED UP THINGS!!YOU THINK YOU KNOW OUR KATIE ???? SADLY ENOUGH
Y O U DID NOT!!!!!HER OWN FATHER DIDNT EVEN KNOW HER.
WE DO! HER FAMILY!!!
WE TRY AND LIVE EACH AND EVERY DAY WITHOUT HER AND TRUST ME ...ITS A TASK UNDONE!!NOT A DAY GOSE BY THAT WE DO NOT GRIVE FOR OUR LOSE!! HARD TO BREATH!!WITH OUT HER!!!!SOOOOOO
THERES A PLACE IN HELL FOR YOU WHO THINKS YOU KNEW WHAT HAPPENED,YOU HAVE NOT A CLUE.
SO KINDLY GO FUCK YOUR SELFS!!
AUNT LISA..
XBleedingxHemsX

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

wow to any who thought that her mom had something to do with katies death, obviously you guys arent her true friends. Yes her mom would make her cry and they would fight like mother and daughter, but her mother would NEVER do that. NEVER. and to even think that makes me sick! katie loved her mom and her mom loved katie. I was best friends with katie and im best friends with her cousin and i see her cousin every day, and i see her family, and katies cousin tells me how every day katies mom calls up crying to her mom about how she misses katie and wish she wasnt dead and all of that. and who ever is on here and didnt go to the funeral then you have NO say in what you think really happened, because you dont know what happened. only the family and katies mom really does. so all of you who think katies mom did it

get your facts straight
AlifeOnceLost

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2006

Thank you and I know who you are<3
XBleedingxHemsX

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2006

No problem boo. the story should be set straight. people that think that they were friends with katie and good ones at that, and are claiming or clinging to a rumor that her mom killed her dont and didnt know her at all. and you know what im talking about even more than i do.
I love you Pixi Queen

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2006

Yeah I know it is retarded. Then again it goes to show how naive people are. It also goes to show how much they knew our family. The funny thing is that monkey tattoo's ahahahahahaAHAHAAHAHhahaha that just cracks me up every time I think of it. The only one on her dads side who was actually there for her and loved her and Katie liked was here sister Erin who Ive never actually had the pleasure of metting. I would like too.
Jessyca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2006

Katie. i miss you so much.
you were so great and i miss you so much
and so does everyone else.
AUNT LISA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2006

Sweet Katie has now been gone from Our lifes for 1 year.I still remember this as if it were yesterday!
We Miss You So Much Pixie Queen & Will Love Her Forever More!!WITH LOVE IN MY HEART Aunt Lisa & Family
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2007

Katies Aunt Lisa wrote:
Dearborn & all That thought you knew MY NEICE!!!AND MY SISTER...
HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK SUCH FUCKED UP THINGS!!YOU THINK YOU KNOW OUR KATIE ???? SADLY ENOUGH
Y O U DID NOT!!!!!HER OWN FATHER DIDNT EVEN KNOW HER.
WE DO! HER FAMILY!!!
WE TRY AND LIVE EACH AND EVERY DAY WITHOUT HER AND TRUST ME ...ITS A TASK UNDONE!!NOT A DAY GOSE BY THAT WE DO NOT GRIVE FOR OUR LOSE!! HARD TO BREATH!!WITH OUT HER!!!!SOOOOOO
THERES A PLACE IN HELL FOR YOU WHO THINKS YOU KNEW WHAT HAPPENED,YOU HAVE NOT A CLUE.
SO KINDLY GO FUCK YOUR SELFS!!
AUNT LISA..
She is right. I knew Katie but not even close to how well her family knew her. No one has the right to post anything about her unless it's family. Everyone should stay out of it and let the family answer the questions. If you aren't family then shut the hell up. All I know about Katie is that everyone who met her liked her. She just had that thing about her that no one could resist. It's a shame that her life was taken. She was one of the few good people we had left and it makes me sick to think that she can't go on spending time with her family. RIP baby girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Redford Discussions

Search the Redford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topless woman arrested on Bell Creek bridge (Jul '12) 2 hr Terry 13
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... 6 hr bfburner 8
chris martin local business man harrased by cit... (Nov '13) Mon the mayor of livonia 5
livonias abusive ordinance officer steve banko (Dec '13) Mon the mayor 4
Ex-city worker charged with forging checks (Mar '08) Mon Brian Adam 45
What is going to happen to St Vincent and Sarah... (May '06) Sun Nancy 257
Naserdean the scammer Sun Fardous 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Redford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••