Corrupt Shasta Family Court

Posted in the Redding Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JR Phoenix

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2009
I have for the last 2 years witnessed the systematic destruction of a woman, orchestrated by her abusive ex husband, facilitated by the ex husband's souless lawyer and the child's lawyer( who is supposed to be an advocate for the child but is not} and complied with by their puppet Therapist, whom has stated he takes his orders from the child's attorney,the court records dept. room #319 and Judge Jack halpin.The worst of it began in May of 2007 when they took the child completely from this Mother and left her with only 30 minute supervised visits twice a month and recorded 10 minute phone calls twice a week, these are measures almost never taken and certainly not in a case where the Mother is an upstanding, educated, loving, nuturing and good Mother.They have now wittled it down to no contact at all, using the emotion and grief they have caused by taking the child and succesfully engaging in a smear campaign against the Mother. I have witnessed this Judge use illegal tactics to help the ex husband and his lawyer, at one point this woman made a motion, the opposition did not respond timely nor did they show up to the hearing, Judge Halpin used a request for a 170.6 to continue when he had already denied it, this was a blatent misuse of law to let the ex husbands lawyer get in and fight the motion, it should have been granted as it stood. This is all just the tip of the iceberg, Room 319 constantly hideS records by sending them to archives on the day of the hearing so this woman can not see what is being filed, they now have an attack dog assigned to her that is telling her she has to make appointments to see her file and that her fee waiver will not be honored. This woman lives in realitive squaller while the ex husband lives in a $500,000 house and just purchased new property, takes vacations consistently, holds season seats at the convention center. The court knows all this and yet continues to lower the woman's support and refuses to force production of documents from the ex husband. There is so much more, as if all this were'nt enough and it must stop, we meet women daily that are being abused by this court in the same way, all the usual sources for help have forsaken this woman, they have thrown their hands up and even in some cases become hostile towards her after telling her they would help. IS THERE ANY HELP OR ANYONE THAT CARES ?
JR Phoenix

United States

#2 Nov 24, 2009
No one has anything to say on this subject??? I'm sure you will when this court begins to strip you of your civil rights, but it will then be too late.
MWilliams

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Jun 28, 2010
JR Phoenix wrote:
I have for the last 2 years witnessed the systematic destruction of a woman, orchestrated by her abusive ex husband, facilitated by the ex husband's souless lawyer and the child's lawyer( who is supposed to be an advocate for the child but is not} and complied with by their puppet Therapist, whom has stated he takes his orders from the child's attorney,the court records dept. room #319 and Judge Jack halpin.The worst of it began in May of 2007 when they took the child completely from this Mother and left her with only 30 minute supervised visits twice a month and recorded 10 minute phone calls twice a week, these are measures almost never taken and certainly not in a case where the Mother is an upstanding, educated, loving, nuturing and good Mother.They have now wittled it down to no contact at all, using the emotion and grief they have caused by taking the child and succesfully engaging in a smear campaign against the Mother. I have witnessed this Judge use illegal tactics to help the ex husband and his lawyer, at one point this woman made a motion, the opposition did not respond timely nor did they show up to the hearing, Judge Halpin used a request for a 170.6 to continue when he had already denied it, this was a blatent misuse of law to let the ex husbands lawyer get in and fight the motion, it should have been granted as it stood. This is all just the tip of the iceberg, Room 319 constantly hideS records by sending them to archives on the day of the hearing so this woman can not see what is being filed, they now have an attack dog assigned to her that is telling her she has to make appointments to see her file and that her fee waiver will not be honored. This woman lives in realitive squaller while the ex husband lives in a $500,000 house and just purchased new property, takes vacations consistently, holds season seats at the convention center. The court knows all this and yet continues to lower the woman's support and refuses to force production of documents from the ex husband. There is so much more, as if all this were'nt enough and it must stop, we meet women daily that are being abused by this court in the same way, all the usual sources for help have forsaken this woman, they have thrown their hands up and even in some cases become hostile towards her after telling her they would help. IS THERE ANY HELP OR ANYONE THAT CARES ?
My case almost mirrors the one you're referring to. Judge Jack Halpin has stripped me of my rights to my children. I'm going to school, I work, don't drink, do drugs and have never comitted any crimes. My exe's attorney jokes around in court about how he and Halpin go back 23 years. All counselors were hired by my ex and after 15 minute meetings they seem to think they know everything that been going on. I'm barely allowed to speak during trials and the Judge refuses to listen to me. My ex and his wife make 6k per month or more have property and new vehicles. Judge halpin ordered me to pay $374 per month in child support down from $666. I bring home less than $950 per month before taxes and I have a 10 month old baby that the daddy gives me $50 -$100 a month for. There is so many other details to this case to mention but I too cannot find help or someone that cares. Please help if you have any info. Thanks
The Blind Bulldog

United States

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Go to www.blindbulldog.com and see info and stories there.
Also join the "California Protective Parents Association" of Shasta County, meetings are Every Thursday 7:00pm, 2515 Park Marina Drive suite 203.
LittleNoodle

United States

#5 Jun 1, 2011
I have been in The Shasta county court, Specifically Family Court for the last four (4) years. My ex-wife has been trying to get full custody of our now five year old daughter. Four years ago she left me and our daughter for another man, and moved in with him a month later. 3 months after that is when the court papers started coming and havent stopped since. the first 3 1/2 years were with Judge Gibson, the last 3 court appearances have been with Judge Halpin. Halpin said in court that he feels it is the job of this great state and the responsibility of his court to grant equal time sharing for both parents. That was what he said at our first meetin, on 5/31/2011 that tuned changed to where he read our daughters play thereapists declaration and while looking right at me, said he tore mine up and threw it in the garbage. My ex has takin me to court for the last three years and tried everything under the sun to take "our" Daughter from me, we have had 50/50 the whole time and it looks like because of Judge Halpin that might all change. I'm a clean cut honest Dad who works hard and provides a loving, caring and nurtureing home, I don't do drugs and have no criminal record. My ex-wifes boyfriend had a 15 year criminal record and numerous felonies and thats where the court wants "our" daughter to go. I'm afraid at the next court appearance I will speak my mind, but of course that mite land me in jail, because I wont let them take "our" daughter from me and I speak the truth. I've done the mediation, done kids turn classes, co-parenting with the ex, even parenting classes for myself and jumped through every court hoop, all for nothing. Why doesn't anyone ask my ex the simple question "Why" Why do you feel you deserve full custody? For four years I have had to prove my parentage over and over again, while my ex doesn't have to do a thing. How gender biased can you be, just cause your a female doesn't mean you automatically posses the skills or desire to truelly be a good parent. I'm tired of the man bashing and if women want equal treatment in the work force, than how bout equal treatment for fathers being capable parents. This court system has a simple loop it puts people through and the process usually takes over a year to get to trial, this is a gender biased system as no males work in the family law facilitators office, and in my experiance don't listen to the males at all. In court males are expected to keep their mouths shut and keep your hands folded in your laps and look like a whipped pup, all this while your kids lives are dictated by strangers. Of course in the courts eyes if your ex takes you to court evry year then it looks like you two can't get along, so they need to make these life altering descicions for you. Who do these people think they are? All the female mediators are callused and bitter and you can see it on their faces. People need to stand up for whats right and stop takin it in the shorts cause no one is going to care for our children like we can. As you can see we are headed towards the times, where in the Bible it states that in the end times evil will be called good and good will be called evil, time to wake up people. Good luck and God bless.
ANONYMOUS

Redding, CA

#6 Nov 22, 2011
I too am battling a case with Shasta County and Judge Halpin is the judge in my divorce case. I am currently an unemployed college student, since my divorce I went back to school to get a certificate in order to support myself after divorcing my ex. My only source of income is spousal support which isnt much. My ex works for the government and receives a decent paycheck. Judge Halpin and my ex's attorney have cheated me out of a whole years benefits from our 401K in which I am entitled to, placed a restraining order against me which I tried having revoked because I have video surveillance which proves my ex assaulted me, but I wasnt allowed to present it. My motion was denied. AND Halpin ordered that I pay HIM 1500.00 in attorney fees for filing the motion to have restraining order vacated and bringing my ex and his attorney into court that day. Halpin didnt request an income and expense report from me and had no way of even knowing if I had the ability to pay, but the fact I have a fee waiver granted and on file might be a clue. I have gotten cheated out of my civil rights and out of what I am entitled to in my divorce. I have no attorney and I cant afford to hire one. Judge Halpin, the attorneys in my case, and the entire judicial system in Shasta County is in need for some changes. These people have no conscious.
Alan Ernesto Phillips

Redding, CA

#7 Dec 3, 2011
"Judge" Jack Halpin...
He is not alone in the (alleged) traumas inflicted upon the children and good-sounding parents in this thread: So-called "Mediation Services - and other collusive court-enablers - are also culprits. I have tried for years to civilly and politely find help regarding substantiated abuses of LAW and actions clearly not in the empty court-slogan of "best interest of the child.".(Yet, regarding Jack Halpin, et al, I have found that Civil and polite only seem to work in restaurants and family gatherings.)
I have been a professional parenting educator in Shasta County for 12 years this December. As a Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor I have served At-Risk families and children for the Juvenile Justice Center, Youth Violence Prevention Council, many local Treatment Centers and the Shasta County Chemical People, Inc. I know a thing or two about being a good, nurturing and assertive parent. After all, when the heads of Parole, Probation, District Attorneys, the Sheriff, Public Health, Alcohol and Drug division, the Court, mediation Guardian Program and many local Treatment Centers REFER or ENDORSE my parenting and youth programs... they do so with a knowledge and comfort that I know what the hell I'm doing with their citizens. Right?
Halpin, et al, took one of my two daughters 265 days ago today with no contact allowed. No abuse and no neglect charges. Just a biased and cruel mediator/ED (Tim Van Schooten) and a Halpin-appointed minor's attorney (Verlin Johnson) and a Halpin-appointed the rapist Marie Dimmick saying in court that I was "too strict a parent" and that my parenting was - and I quote: "it's kinda like emotional abuse." Halpin admitted in court that he did not read my responsive declaration and expert witness testimonies, He did not allow me to cross-examin accusers and He PREJUDGED our case by completely removing my child from a long established 50/50 parenting plan to a NO CONTACT order. All based upon the collusive enablement by His officers, et al. My second child, primarily with me the past 6 years because my now ex-wife moved far away to start a new life with a boyfriend. Our 9 year old now sadly hangs in the Halpin-imbalance as I write.
He is God in HIS court... yet He was chosen to handle many of the Pro-Per cases... and the sad list of people like you and me - and hundreds of children - is long: But all the while His "assignment" has been rubber-stamped by the state Judicial Council, the AOC and even the past two Chief Justices.
It may be of no help to you and your dear kids legally, but Halpin has been retired since 1993.
He is one of the oldest "judges" still sitting on a bench. Halpin holds the unique distinction of being the longest sitting "ASSIGNED JUDGES" in the world today!
A special program run by the state AOC provides an 'assignment' of a retired judge to sit on the bench for 30 to 60 days (without an election) to help out tax-payers by having a "knowledgeable judge" help with any court overload for a short time in a community that is familiar. Nice sounding theory.
Halpin has been milking that 30 to 60 DAY program for over 18 YEARS! He not only gets over $12,000.00 (that is not a typo) per month for part-time work, He gets that amount on TOP of His FAT judge's pension and platinum parachute of benefits...
All the while He also has no oversight and accountability measures for wrongdoing, because... since the assigned judges program is supposed to only last 30 to 60 days, why burden the tax-payers with the extra costs of accountability protocol that all other judges are held. Blind Bulldog has always referred to Jack Halpin as "Teflon" Jack Halpin for a good reason.
He also avoids being elected in or OUT: He avoids appointment or removal by the state governor (so far...). According to my very lay research, with that fact, Jack Halpin is GUILY of repeatedly violating of our state and American Constitutions.
(continued):
Alan Ernesto Phillips

Redding, CA

#8 Dec 3, 2011
"Judge" Jack Halpin_ and his cadre of enablers in “Mediation services,” et al, seen to have been getting away with running that court like it was their own private church and barroom for about two decades I'm afraid - and sad to say.

I (and mostly my kids) have been suffering under His,(et al), seemingly arrogant, dishonorable and senile adjudicating for over 15 years!

Again I am continually made to feel sad for the scores if not HUNDREDS of families and children who approach me about Jack Halpin, HIS mediation department, HIS court-appointed (and beholding) attorneys, court appointed the rapists and HIS highly protective and equally collusive Clerks.

As a longtime community servant, and Court Reform Activist myself for the past few years, I believe it is imperative that we citizens who think, feel or KNOW that the Shasta County FAMILY LAW INDUSTRY has harmed our families and children (not forgetting the horrors within the dark chambers of CPS/CFS courts)- past or present - it is IMPERATIVE that we all reach out to others and that we all come together and find support in CPPA-Shasta. Equally important is that we continue to support CPPA-Shasta after our cases are settled.

Please feel welcome to publish this and visit my little YouTube and Google site for additional help (lots of links) and some understanding. Please feel welcome to spread those like wildfire!

For 15 years I've been through all the impotent AOC reps, Presiding Judges, Judicial Council and heads of the assigned judges program. I am now going to the Commission on Judicial Performance, the Attorney General and Governor Brown to seek an unwilling "retirement" of Halpin.

You may want to seriously consider consulting with someone you trust about crafting and issuing your own properly filed complaints. The more of us who cleanly and civilly do that, the better I think.

However sociopathic and cruel, Jack Halpin, is but a senile wrinkle an an enormous iceberg of institutional corruption, collusion and institutionalized laziness.

Good luck to all of you and your dear yet suffering children!! And please join CPPA if you and when you can, soon! I will stand with you - even AFTER I have a hand in unseating that scoundrel and His enablers.

Alan Ernesto Phillips
https://plus.google.com/115902390478619061589...
http://www.youtube.com/user/althepal55...
Alan Ernesto Phillips

Redding, CA

#9 Dec 5, 2011
JR Phoenix wrote:
I am SO sorry to hear about your abuses... I know what that is like.
Please feel free to read my comments at the end of this thread; and please know that we must all come together for a class-action thumping of those scoundrels... Join CPPA if you can. ANd, go to RobeProbe.com and vote for Halpin the only way we citizens can... Good luck, in Solidarity, Alan Ernesto Phillips (althepal55 on YouTube)
Chelle

Anderson, CA

#10 Mar 12, 2012
I will help you, he needs to be removed!! Halplin needs to be removed from the court room!
Alan Ernesto Phillips wrote:
"Judge" Jack Halpin_ and his cadre of enablers in “Mediation services,” et al, seen to have been getting away with running that court like it was their own private church and barroom for about two decades I'm afraid - and sad to say.
I (and mostly my kids) have been suffering under His,(et al), seemingly arrogant, dishonorable and senile adjudicating for over 15 years!
Again I am continually made to feel sad for the scores if not HUNDREDS of families and children who approach me about Jack Halpin, HIS mediation department, HIS court-appointed (and beholding) attorneys, court appointed the rapists and HIS highly protective and equally collusive Clerks.
As a longtime community servant, and Court Reform Activist myself for the past few years, I believe it is imperative that we citizens who tMhink, feel or KNOW that the Shasta County FAMILY LAW INDUSTRY has harmed our families and children (not forgetting the horrors within the dark chambers of CPS/CFS courts)- past or present - it is IMPERATIVE that we all reach out to others and that we all come together and find support in CPPA-Shasta. Equally important is that we continue to support CPPA-Shasta after our cases are settled.
Please feel welcome to publish this and visit my little YouTube and Google site for additional help (lots of links) and some understanding. Please feel welcome to spread those like wildfire!
For 15 years I've been through all the impotent AOC reps, Presiding Judges, Judicial Council and heads of the assigned judges program. I am now going to the Commission on Judicial Performance, the Attorney General and Governor Brown to seek an unwilling "retirement" of Halpin.
You may want to seriously consider consulting with someone you trust about crafting and issuing your own properly filed complaints. The more of us who cleanly and civilly do that, the better I think.
However sociopathic and cruel, Jack Halpin, is but a senile wrinkle an an enormous iceberg of institutional corruption, collusion and institutionalized laziness.
Good luck to all of you and your dear yet suffering children!! And please join CPPA if you and when you can, soon! I will stand with you - even AFTER I have a hand in unseating that scoundrel and His enablers.
Alan Ernesto Phillips
https://plus.google.com/115902390478619061589...
http://www.youtube.com/user/althepal55...
Deborah

Anderson, CA

#11 Apr 27, 2012
Judge Halpin screwed me yesterday !! Even with the mediators recommendation for my child to move with me as her dad is a pill poppin Pot smoking pays for nothing ... Halpin saw fit to leave him with 50/50 custody ... Even though moving away I will have over 3 dollar an hour raise and better be able to support her !!!! WTF OmG
Mrigby cme

San Francisco, CA

#12 May 29, 2012
Total corruption
Mrigby cmf

San Francisco, CA

#13 May 29, 2012
Mrigby cme wrote:
Total corruption
ORGANIZED CRIME
Narcotics trafficking prostitution child prostitution fraud as per 1988 IRS audit bailey productions Police political fundraisers under Dist. Atty. Steve Carlton and McGregor Scott

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#14 May 29, 2012
Halpin is a disgrace!! This county should be ashamed for renewing his so called `temporary` assignment month after month, when he should have been retired years ago for incompetence. Blessings to all his victims
Gogo

Panorama City, CA

#15 Jul 24, 2013
All the attorneys and judges work together to adjudicate cases. Don't hire an attorney in Shasta County, they are unethical.
factual activist

Redding, CA

#16 Aug 19, 2013
I love to hear both sides of claims. I detest when persons allege wrongdoing on the part of public servants assigned to hear their case. It would be prudent for persons claiming to be victims of the system to provide links to the docket(s) of their case(s) to show at least minimal evidence that they were unfairly heard. Go the extra mile and pay a few dollars for transcript copies and post them on a free hosting service for all to see. Unless this is done, I for my part, and I dare say, the majority of people, say BS! to your complaints against any judge or court in any jurisdiction.
factual activist

Redding, CA

#17 Aug 19, 2013
Deborah wrote:
Judge Halpin screwed me yesterday !! Even with the mediators recommendation for my child to move with me as her dad is a pill poppin Pot smoking pays for nothing ... Halpin saw fit to leave him with 50/50 custody ... Even though moving away I will have over 3 dollar an hour raise and better be able to support her !!!! WTF OmG
You mention "pill poppin" "pot smoking"... I doubt that either of these things are illegal if brought to the attention of the court without a ruling in your favor. Consider the FAMILY! Were you ripped from your father based on his legal prescriptions? Does a parent, either father or mother lose their right to be a parent based on a disabilty which requires medication to treat it's symptoms? If the father of your child gets half custody per his half contribution to your child's existense, what is wrong? Is it inconvenient? That's all I can infer from your complaint, even that you think that your higher earnings disqualify the man that is no less than 50% contributor to your childs life - he doesn't have a right or reason to be granted such parental rights by a court of LAW. So you say Halpin "screwed" you. Perhaps your daughter's father is not so bitter.
Whitnessed

Redding, CA

#18 Aug 19, 2013
Factual Activist, I have sat in family court far to much and Judge Halpin routinely rules in an inconsistent way. He is a bad Judge and that is a fact. You should not post on items you are unaware of as it makes you sound like you are very insensitive to people that are in this system. I was fortunate not to have to get a real ruling from him but the process to the end was horrific. During my time waiting I was able to watch this man bumble is way through the process and just waste time and negatively affect peoples lives. The mediation process is worse. Mediators are poorly trained and do not listen to both sides at all. The fact is even if your spouse was in jail they get consideration.
Sienna

Redding, CA

#19 Sep 23, 2013
I've been screwed over in Family Court as well. The mediators are a disgrace , especially Dian Pannik. I'm not sure she is qualified what is best for children when she is a lesbian and childless .
Gladstone Gold Mine

Sacramento, CA

#20 Nov 7, 2013
My name is Steven Walker.

I manage and I am a part owner in this Historic Property in Shasta County and the abuse we received from a number of "judges" in Shasta should be CRIMINAL!

We had Halpin, Bigalowe, Boeckman.
All either ignorant or arrogant CRIMINALS, participating in abusing the public and their TRUST!!!

Our story is ongoing as we are still dealing with it right at this moment, and the FALLOUT from these judges' decisions and lack of concern of their actions as long it helps their buddies in the system.
We are a proposed Recreational Green Historic Campground-Jillsonville.com , and because we aren't in the Shasta County "Courts" club, we get attacked by county employees and our neighbors in French Gulch.

Another problem is the media around the area is "bought and paid for" by certain locals. It's a particular group called the "Shasta County Legal System".
It has cost us over $100,000 and is still going on with NO end in sight.
We have even gone to the AG's Office in Sacramento. No word yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Misty Me 7,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
In support of Sheriff Mitchell (Jul '10) Sep 27 Right 130
Firearms found, couple arrested (Oct '10) Sep 27 ed guilituddy 54
Crews Clear Rocks, Logs After Shasta Glacier Melts Sep 24 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Redding Dating
Find my Match

Redding Jobs

Redding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Redding News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Redding

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]