Howdy

Marshfield, MO

#1 Aug 25, 2012
Who else believes that Redding is a black hole. Prices are to high and there is no jobs.
Steve

Redding, CA

#2 Feb 4, 2014
Howdy wrote:
Who else believes that Redding is a black hole. Prices are to high and there is no jobs.
I totally agree! If you want to struggle in a cultural wasteland where facial hair is more prevalent than intelligence and close minded people run the government then redding is the place to be.
sickened

Rowland Heights, CA

#3 Feb 18, 2014
Redding is a geographic beauty. It is really a shame that it is filled with meth heads, convicts, child molestors, and the only law you have operates on the {good ol boy} system. You have to be careful who you offend here. It could change your whole life. If you need assistance depending on who you are, local authorities are more likely to arrest you than the perp. The laws here fluxuate from person to person. Living in Redding is like walking across a fast moving river on algae covered rocks. Watch your step.
sickened

Rowland Heights, CA

#4 Feb 18, 2014
Oh yea. Don't forget the rats. They are thicker than flies on a fresh turd on a hot day. Watch what you say and who you say it to. They like equipping the rats with ipods and mp3s with digital voice recorders. They feed their rats well here.
Redding has issues

Redding, CA

#5 Apr 15, 2014
Yes I have lived in small and large towns/cities and have seen simlar types of people but THIS town has issues.

It is amazing. There ARE a lot of people here who are stuck in the dark ages, in their own ways, and are corrupted by the idea that if you don't drive a big high-rise truck with huge wheels on it you are the 'enemy'!

In response to sickened comment about watching who you offend. This makes me laugh. Not at the point you are making -- I am in agreement. But at the same time it makes me want to push the envelope. No one is above the law. And it is a shame the way some of the good-ole-boy half-wits roam the area.

I have seen these types of people before, and they aren't nearly as big and tough as they appear. I don't drive a big huge truck so I don't fit in here. I also can't stand it when some people stare at me so much when I walk into a store. I guess I REALLY must look like I'm not from around here. I swear one day I walked into Ace hardware and the guy at the counter just stared at me as I walked passed it to find what I needed. I turned around and looked back at him to see what he wanted - he turned away. That was the last time I went there. Creepy.

Everyone also is afraid to drive a bit faster than the speed limit. It is funny. I feel like a robot. I get out of town every weekend. Like way out of town. It is the only thing that keeps me sane while I am here during the week. I can't think of everything I want to say about this place as there are many others - I do hear some people say that its getting better here. The meth issue is beside the point, I get a prescription that is an amphetamine based -- I can't get it at ANY pharmacy in this area at all -- PERIOD. What a joke. I have to drive to Sacramento to get it.

Meth addicts are the least of the issues here. It more lies with the good-ole-boy attitude and the other stuff mentioned. I fear nothing - least of off these types of people. I just laugh.
Redding has issues

Redding, CA

#6 Apr 15, 2014
sickened wrote:
Oh yea. Don't forget the rats. They are thicker than flies on a fresh turd on a hot day. Watch what you say and who you say it to. They like equipping the rats with ipods and mp3s with digital voice recorders. They feed their rats well here.
Oh yeah there are some wackos coots here that record things on their iPads and try to use them ad evidence. I bet they send them to Fox news channel or something hoping to get famous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Bluff-Tehama County police reports Dec. 26-28 Jan 21 zoolander 1
Create a college Jan 20 geonomist 3
GangStalking and psychological Harassment (Jul '14) Jan 11 toughnut to crack 6
Review: MDR Automotive Jan 7 Amber b 1
Is Erin O'Toole-McNally The Worst Lawyer Anywhere? (Jul '08) Dec 28 huppl 8
Calif. probation officer arrested for molestation (Dec '08) Dec 28 Nolak 6
Review: Sutherland Logging Dec '14 joemamma 1
Redding Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web