Morris

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Can you please describe your experience?
I have a Mother who just went to have a tooth pulled and was going to proceed with surgery with Dr Ira Steir, until she just realized he is a General dentist practitioner, not an oral surgeon..
Thanks I appreciate your additional experience info..

Since: Feb 09

Liberty, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

You have to mortgage your home if you want to get work done at Ira Steir's. I did have work done there about 8-10 yrs ago and was satisified with the work however that Dentist is no longer there. One thing is, they won't give you your teeth(veneers etc etc) if you any kind of balance!!
Hardly a family place, like I said you might have to mortgage your home!

Since: Feb 09

Liberty, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

Morris wrote:
Can you please describe your experience?
I have a Mother who just went to have a tooth pulled and was going to proceed with surgery with Dr Ira Steir, until she just realized he is a General dentist practitioner, not an oral surgeon..
Thanks I appreciate your additional experience info..
I believe they have an oral surgeon there however dont quote me however they're way too expensive. There's better Dentists around and more resonable and cater to the family...It's about $$$$$ signs for them more so then patient satisfaction

Since: Apr 09

Goshen, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Most normal people dont bother discussing good experiences online, I have not problem with them or my childrens experiences.
gpumpkin62

Wyckoff, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

My husband and I have been seeing the dentist at Arlington Dental. I find they are decent and do good work. Yes they are expensive but so is everybody else. Dr. Steir is an oral surgeon, I believe, and he did surgery on my husband teeth (implants,gums, ect.). No problem with the work he did.
Hesitant

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Every one of my adult friends that have had a check up here told us that they were told they had the beginning of gum disease & needed a deep cleaning. Some had it done but others went to other dentists & were told that wasn't true. We have never had a problem with our kids there but now my husband was told about the gum disease thing for him & we are hesitant to proceed. Has anyone else had this experience???
NYblogger

Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

Hesitant wrote:
Every one of my adult friends that have had a check up here told us that they were told they had the beginning of gum disease & needed a deep cleaning. Some had it done but others went to other dentists & were told that wasn't true. We have never had a problem with our kids there but now my husband was told about the gum disease thing for him & we are hesitant to proceed. Has anyone else had this experience???
Yes, my daughter did. They even sold her a high priced rinse to use which caused her more problems with her gums. Salt and water i think does the same thing.

I didnt say their work wasnt satisfactory however they're way above price range and hold teeth (vaneers or whatever) until you pay your last dime. They also suggest proceedures that is unneccessary. Just check out other dentists before continuing, get a second opinion.
NYblogger

Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Most normal people dont bother discussing good experiences online, I have not problem with them or my childrens experiences
What is normal? Normal isnt holding teeth until you pay your last cent. What is normal is telling experiences. They are good dentists there however they are more into "selling" then actual patient satisfaction. Glad you have had good experiences however perhaps you didnt have to mortgage your home to do so this time around. Believe you me this group is all about the all mighty buck....Sell, Sell, Sell. If they change their gimme attitude they'd be better off.
Dali

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

I just went there for a swollen gum and they told me I had gum disease and wanted me to pay $962 before leaving to give me a deep cleaning. HUH??! I declined because this wasn't going to help my swollen gum. The doctor then suggested he pull my top 2 wisdom teeth which would have been $362...HUH?! By the way he wanted to do it on the spot with my 'deep cleaning.' I would still be leaving with my swollen gum which was causing me pain and was on the bottom. I will not be returning needless to say and yes, I left with my gum swollen.
Audreyrub

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

I have been going to this practice for years and had been generally satisfied, even though they are expensive. I was also told I needed routine scalings for the beginnings of gum disease. They charge a lot for this procedure. I was also told I wasn't a candidate for routine cleanings anymore now that I get scalings instead. I just went to a new dentist that said I do not have gum problems and do not need scalings, only regular cleanings, and couldn't understand why I was getting scalings routinely. I realize I was being ripped off and subject to a painful, time consuming procedure for nothing. Very disappointing.
Dali

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Audreyrub,
Hey I know exactly how you feel. I went to the dentist yesterday and was told that I have beautiful teeth and I have the normal amount of tartar. I had no cavities and she said that if I keep up my flossing and mouth wash she does not for see any problems.
Arlington Dental LIED to me and tried to get me to fall for their scheme and fork over $962 for a deep cleaning I don't even need! If anyone is looking for a GREAT HONEST and AFFORDABLE dentist, I cannot say enough, go to Renee Kowal in Fishkill. You will save a ton of money, be told the truth, and the staff and Renee are very friendly and helpful (and you get 10% off for paying upfront if you don't have dental insurance!)
MAD AS HELL

Oakland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

My experience with dr stier is a warning to all who are thinking of visiting the ARLINGTON DENTAL facility -- "DON'T DO IT!" I came to this facility with a mouth full of teeth and ended up 3 years later with an upper denture that was not even made for me in mind and a broken partial bottom denture. I need more work now just to fix his 'ginni pig' treatment I received. "DR IRA STIER IS NOT AN ORAL SURGEON" I was mislead and lied to straight to my face by him and his staff. If anyone out there has an existing lawsuit against this dentist, please respond so I can join you. There is more power in numbers when a praticing doctor lies and misrepresents the truth for his own agenda.

Mad As Hell
Beacon. NY
IRRELEVENT

New Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Believe me when I say first hand that it is all about the $$$$$ w/ Dr. Ir Stier........he has bigger problems now! He is a general dentist not an oral surgeon!
happy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

If any of you think, Dr. Stier is expendive he is competitive will all the local Dentist in this area. As far as gum Disease goes, I find his hygenist to be very caring and honest. I also know because I have checked around that Dr. Stier has all the credentials of an oral surgeon. I have had bone grafting done by him and have gone to a couple of the other dentist there and have always been satisfied. Sometimes with cost comes good care. Did you know that a general Dentist can also do botox treatments now check around which his office does not, So I believe he is not about the money, because that's where the money is at these days.
Very Unhappy

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

This place is a total mess! Horrible, that is what I can say about them. Stay away!!!
RDH advice

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

I was a practicing hygienist for 22 years, and also am faculty in a dental hygiene program. I recently relocated to this area and am looking for a dentist. I have not been here yet, but I must say that after reading your comments, I am hesitant to believe what you are saying. We teach our students to "probe" their patients at every visit to properly assess the patient's health. If the hygienist is telling you that you have some degree of disease, you most likely do. Many patients never realize this disease because it is usually painless. It is very hard to make this information up since x-rays must be submitted to insurance companies showing bone loss, along with the probing depths. X-rays do not lie. The PROBLEM you guys are having is that not every dental office takes this approach. Many offices do not take the time to properly assess their patients and they are not being treated sufficiently. If you find yourself in an office that does not probe to measure pocket depth and bone loss at EVERY VISIT..GET OUT. If your hygienist is taking the time to do this, I suggest taking their advice to heart..or go to school and find out for yourself. I don't believe any of you are being deceived.
Dali

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Oh please, so I guess everyone that walks into his office has gum disease? Come on open your eyes! Also, if you get the weekly ads you will see his big ad for 'periodontal disease' and saying to walk in for a free consultation. RED FLAG WAKE UP!
Dali

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

..and one more thing speaking of qualified dentists, what dentist has you walk out of their office IN PAIN!?!??!
Karen

Poughkeepsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

I went to Arlington Dental and was told I had to have a deep cleaning , also. VERY PAINFUL!! I paid upfront- they do not wait for insurance. I ended up overpaying and had to call and ask them for the money. You would think that with such a big office staff they would be on top of payments and send me the check without any trouble.I waited over a month and was told they had to have the dentist sign the check- I didn't receive it for another 2 weeks. I wonder if I hadn't noticed that they owed me money if they would have voluntarily notified me.

I found another, qualified dentist in the area. I had a feeling i was deceived but now that I have read this, i know it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Red Oaks Mill Discussions

Search the Red Oaks Mill Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Fox News Zombie 6,353
Hudson Valley Man Pleads Guilty to Credit Card ... (Sep '08) 12 hr And the biggest problem 6
Review: Sono-TEK Corp (Dec '11) 23 hr George Sono Tek Shipping 7
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
Review: Selux Corp (Dec '12) Jul 21 Pamela Struzzieri 14
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
•••
•••
•••
Red Oaks Mill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Red Oaks Mill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••