Posted in the Red Oak Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Don Crawford

Peru, IN

#1 Apr 23, 2009
Hi everybody.

I own some property off Cravens Road in Red Oak, but I have never made it out there to visit it. I've seen photos and I had plans to visit this year, but I bought an engagement ring instead.

So, I'd love to find out more about the Red Oak area. What's it like?

Your neighbor from New Jersey,
-Don-
bobcat lady

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2009
red oak,ok is not a place where you want to live it has not a thing there. your crazy if you move there.
Don Crawford

Atlantic City, NJ

#3 Apr 30, 2009
bobcat lady wrote:
red oak,ok is not a place where you want to live it has not a thing there. your crazy if you move there.
That's pretty much what I gathered. I'm not planning on living there full time, but it would be nice to have a little cabin so I could stay for a week or two each year.
D Skaggs

United States

#4 May 3, 2009
Don Crawford wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much what I gathered. I'm not planning on living there full time, but it would be nice to have a little cabin so I could stay for a week or two each year.
RedOak on the other hand especially on carvens road is a nice quiet place to live or visit. 12 miles from Wilburton Latimer county seat 30 miles give or take from poteau Leflore county seat.
make my day

Imperial, MO

#5 May 5, 2009
D Skaggs wrote:
<quoted text>
RedOak on the other hand especially on carvens road is a nice quiet place to live or visit. 12 miles from Wilburton Latimer county seat 30 miles give or take from poteau Leflore county seat.
Right you are again old buddy lol.
Ron
bobcat lady

United States

#6 May 9, 2009
if you build a cabin make sure you have someone check it out offen cause some cabins get torn up really bad when not lived in if you know what i mean.
Don Crawford

Atlantic City, NJ

#7 May 12, 2009
bobcat lady wrote:
if you build a cabin make sure you have someone check it out offen cause some cabins get torn up really bad when not lived in if you know what i mean.
Info like this is what I appreciate most. Thanks!
simply fed up

Paden, OK

#8 Jun 20, 2009
i live in Red Oak and the people are very nice. the scenery is beautiful. Very peaceful nice place to live or visit. I would say Hello neighbor and welcome!
Nearby firefighter

United States

#9 Jul 6, 2009
Red Oak has a little dinner, a small mini mart, a gas station, and a hardware store. The residence are fair. But like anywhere there is the odd ball law breaker. If you like secluded areas, there are plenty around.
red oak lady

United States

#10 Jul 12, 2009
just watch out for people mostly,you have your best and not so best people.like the man said there is plenty of secluded areas where anything can happen or you can disapper. if you know what I mean.
Don

Atlantic City, NJ

#11 Jul 12, 2009
Secluded areas where I can disappear?

Shall I carry a form of protection, then?
red oak lady

United States

#12 Jul 13, 2009
yes by all means your going to red oak,ok am i right? honey you don"t know much about that town and be with protection at all times. even best friends there get shot. if only you knew,people go missing all the time and I'am talking about secluded areas in red oak.so please keep your eye out ok,don't trust anyone in that town for sure or talihina too.
Don

Atlantic City, NJ

#13 Jul 13, 2009
See this is the kind of stuff I like to know! Anything else I should watch out for besides the kidnappers and murderers?

Thanks!
red oak lady

United States

#14 Jul 14, 2009
I'am not kidding on this subject you need to be aware of these things so please if you build a cabin put bars on them.there is no law in red oak,ok at all so you see please be careful.just keep your eye open you will see.
Don

Atlantic City, NJ

#15 Jul 14, 2009
red oak lady wrote:
I'am not kidding on this subject you need to be aware of these things so please if you build a cabin put bars on them.there is no law in red oak,ok at all so you see please be careful.just keep your eye open you will see.
I believe you.

I also see lots of trails and stuff from the satellite photos. Can I expect kids riding dirtbikes and quads as well?

Also, about the no law at all thing - I've been trying to find information about the Red Oak and Latimer County Police Department to check out the police blotters, missing persons, etc. but I really can't find anything current like I can do for New Jersey. Are there any websites I can visit for that kind of info? Or does most of the crime go unreported/unsolved?
red oak lady

United States

#16 Jul 15, 2009
the whole police department are all messed up they don't care about anyone unless you have money and if your kin to someone in that department.go type in talihina news form and you will find all the information you need on missing persons and murders. I hope you go to this site. as for kids riding dirtbikes no, they will come around at night cause the police doesn't drive around looking for anyone or anything for no one.most of the crimes get reported but not solved
simply fed up

United States

#17 Jul 23, 2009
oh my! I see a different red oak i guess. I moved here 5 years ago. The people are friendly. I dont even lock my cars or house and have never ha d a problem! i do occasionally see some creepy looking people around just like you do in every town. I see the one policeman patrol the town nightly and also highway patrols and county law. In my honest oppinion it is a very nice place to live where every body knows your name and helps you if you need it. for the most part anyway.
bobcat lady

United States

#18 Aug 1, 2009
sure glad you don't have to lock up your car or house I guess when you get broken into you will your lucky your still alive living in red oak,ok thats a dirty place to live. especially people like the brewers and the richards living there.
talihina paw

United States

#19 Aug 21, 2009
go to talihina and you can get anything you want from those cars and trucks cause the cops don't care from what I have read on this net.but you better lock your car up cause I know red oak don't have any cops worth a darn.if i have problem I will call my good old buddy Dan Bradberry.
former resident

Amity, AR

#20 Aug 24, 2009
I lived in red oak for a short while...and I saw the police man patrol nightly.(old BOB) We didn't lock our doors. We wandered the town freely. No one ever bothered us. And yes, everyone knew our names. Granted, there are bad seeds everywhere and I don't agree with the "ethnic views" of the town, but to completely write the town off is a shame. It was the first place that I ever saw parking in the middle of the street and the best form of entertainment for a teenager was to go to the video store and play pool. lol. still, a nice place to go if you need some time away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City fines trashy property owners (Oct '14) 4 hr Hawk200 7
Valley Super Foods?? May 22 milk man 30
Donations for cemetary May 20 lahoma 1
Talihina Playground May 20 lahoma 1
Recent resignations created much better work May 20 lahoma 3
talihina va administration May 19 wondering 3
New Employees, resignations, and appointed cou... May 19 lahoma 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Oak Mortgages