City Ordinance Related to Dogs
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lahoma Roebuck

Fort Smith, AR

#43 May 6, 2014
Oit wrote:
I agree with Roberts str. This is the most disgraceful town, has so much animal cruelty it's unbelievable. And the town pound is the worst and should be reported.
Soooo......I'm not the lone, crazed woman. Other peopel feel animal abse is rampant in Talihina.
Lahoma Roebuck

Fort Smith, AR

#44 May 6, 2014
Rhonda wrote:
The cruelty is when people do not get their animals fixed and they have liter after liter and the owners can not afford to feed them. Many of the dogs running loose look like they are starving. I think it is a crying shame that we need an animal control officer at all. Everyone should take care of their own animals and not have so many that they infringe on their neighbors rights.
Irresponsible people will continue to be irresponsible. You must require that irresponsible people do what is in the best interest of the majority. Spay and neuter. Unchain dogs.
Sabotnik

Cleveland, GA

#45 May 17, 2014
KaT wrote:
Sorry Rhonda, Not looking to Rat people off.... Rick has heard many complaint from up on Sequoyah, He needs to spent some time in the area and not just a drive thru. Come On There's A Problem Do Your Job!!!
Correct, everyone needs to do their job.
Ninja Woman

Fort Smith, AR

#46 May 29, 2014
Oit wrote:
I agree with Roberts str. This is the most disgraceful town, has so much animal cruelty it's unbelievable. And the town pound is the worst and should be reported.
I know many people who think the same.e It is disgraceful and greed drives some of it like backyard breeders or just general animal cruelty. I'm not allowed to meet with like minded people in city hall because it is reported that I dress up like a ninja and harrass people. I guess this was supposed to assassinate my character or maybe discredit my efforts. You might be thought of as less than competent when you neglect to examine the city's federal income tax status, payroll tax, or IRS correspondence for several years running. I'd be more concerned about that.
none

Talihina, OK

#47 Sep 12, 2014
The hole dog thing sucks city should inforce the laws they establised.
Lahoma Roebuck

Fort Smith, AR

#48 Sep 23, 2014
Rhonda wrote:
Yes, I have a dog on a run. Not a chain. I do not see this as a problem as you know, since I take good care of my dog. No, I do not believe in mandatory spay and neutering. This would be stepping over the bonds of individual rights. There is a limit of 3 dogs per household and I feel this is limiting enough.
The council has always listened to your comments, we just don't agree with them which is the great thing about being in a free speech society.
I don't think you will find too many Talihina citizens agreeing with the forced neutering. If you do, I will rethink my standa, as I am here to serve the people of Talihina.
I wish you would try to educate yourself and go to the Humane Society, ASPCA, American Veterinary Medicine sites and find out why spay and neutering is important. The responsible people already do spay and neuter. It is the irresponsible people that cause problems and the problems are too numerous to outline on this forum. I think the council dismisses my recommendations as more of a personal issue with me rather than the substance of my recommendations although Talihina is going to the dogs, pun very much intended, thanks to the inadequate leadership and negligence of council, mayor and the police. So if this is your best response, no wonder there is a problem. I'm trying to find a home for a starving puppy left behind when a bunch of drunks and druggies moved out of their rent house - tell me how supporting the rights of people like this helps our citizens. Of course they don't support mandatory spay and neuter, takes away their beer money. I anxiously look forward to your reply.
Lahoma Roebuck

Fort Smith, AR

#49 Sep 27, 2014
Oit wrote:
I can't believe the level of animal cruelty is increasing! It seems like evil has taken over the entire town. I'm no angel but geez louise! How can we address this? I do boycott businesses whose owners either endorse, support, or engage in despicable treatment for chained dogs, i.e., neglect through 24/7 (continuous chaining). Spaz, Timeless Treasures, etc.
Lahoma Roebuck

Fort Smith, AR

#50 Sep 29, 2014
Rhonda wrote:
To John,
You responded to my post of November 5, 2013. At that time Rick was the animal control officer. Since that time he resigned his position and the council hired a new animal control officer. This new person will be sent to the next available animal shelter training. Gina Gregson, police and animal control commissioner, will have more information about when this is available. To clarify, Rick was not moved into any new position. He has been a reserve officer for the city over a year. He has also attended all those required trainings. I hope this clarifies some issues. Please contact any of the city commissioners if we can be of assistance.
Rhonda Sears
You must realize at this point that words are just words and devoid of meaning when not backed with action that we, the residents of Talihina, can see working. Nothing is working FOR THE RESIDENTS OF THIS TOWN. Naturally and rightfully so, a lot of effort goes into propping up the downtown area so we can look pretty for the tourists and catch some of their money. They come to this area for the beautiful countryside. Some eat and some stay at Hootie Creek. None, however, are fooled about what happens in this city with regard to animal cruelty, trash and the appearance of drug activity. None of them would EVER want to live here despite the reasonable costs of home ownership and the beautiful countryside. I feel that I made a horrible choice to live here and now I can't sell my house because of the trash, appearance of drug use, and animal cruelty next door. All I'm left with is trying to advocate for positive change. Unfortunately and repeatedly you have said that the council does not agree with my ideas and that you represent "the people." However, I talk to a lot of people who disagree with you yet feel trying to approach the city council pointless and a waste of time. I find that women living alone here don't believe that it is safe. Each passing year I feel less safe despite the fact that I am confident about my ability to take care of myself. I would not call the police because I have not found it helpful. If you read the animal posts you know that many in Talihina are appalled by animal cruelty. You have said yourself that unwanted starving puppies is obvious in town but disagree that required spay and neuter is a solution based on your perception that the residents of Talihina would not support this - based on what I do not know.
Rhonda

Fort Smith, AR

#51 Sep 30, 2014
Lahoma Roebuck wrote:
<quoted text> I can't believe the level of animal cruelty is increasing! It seems like evil has taken over the entire town. I'm no angel but geez louise! How can we address this? I do boycott businesses whose owners either endorse, support, or engage in despicable treatment for chained dogs, i.e., neglect through 24/7 (continuous chaining). Spaz, Timeless Treasures, etc.
Lahoma, if this statement was addressed toward my businesses I wanted to let you know are boycotting the wrong business. My two businesses at The Petal and Treats and Treasures. I do not have any part in Missy's- Spaz business or The Ross's Timeless Treasure. The Ross's don't even live in the city of Talihina.

You will be happy to know that our dog on the run is doing very well. Happy, healthy and digging many holes in the yard, which is characteristic to her breed and the reason she is on a run.
Lahoma Roebuck

Fort Smith, AR

#52 Sep 30, 2014
Rhonda wrote:
<quoted text>
Lahoma, if this statement was addressed toward my businesses I wanted to let you know are boycotting the wrong business. My two businesses at The Petal and Treats and Treasures. I do not have any part in Missy's- Spaz business or The Ross's Timeless Treasure. The Ross's don't even live in the city of Talihina.
You will be happy to know that our dog on the run is doing very well. Happy, healthy and digging many holes in the yard, which is characteristic to her breed and the reason she is on a run.
Rhonda, I do believe that you take care of your dogs and I hope that they or she is allowed off the chain or lead periodically or taken for walks. I am long past that issue. The "Spaz" lady told me a few months ago that she chained "watch dog" at a family residence on the corner of Helen and 8th St. in Talihina. That is why I boycott her business. Not because she lives in Talihina. I boycott your business because of your belief that the people of Talihina would not support a ban on dog chaining or spay/ neuter. Have a fenced in yard and be a responsible person who takes care of dogs, otherwise realize that you are unable to provide reasonable care as the American Veterinary Medicine Association recommends. Although I have more confidence in your desire to serve the people of this town, you refuse to take a stand to work toward enforcing animal ordinances generally and for openly opposing chaining bans and mandatory spay and neuter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah cress, Nick Johnico, lacey Humphreys, Ste... 10 hr Jen 4
Someone shot my cat 10 hr Jen 4
Gallery of Hate 20 hr lahoma 1
Special board meeting Jun 22 Agree 8
Silas mcgee Jun 22 green green go 2
Article by Randy Ellis about Talihina Jun 21 Community Leader 5
thank you mike mass (Aug '16) Jun 15 Big bad john 10

Red Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance