City Ordinance Related to Dogs

Posted in the Red Oak Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Talisman

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2012
Can someone of authority (mayor, city council member, police officer, town clerk, Chief Dog Catcher in Charge), spell out what the city ordinance is regarding dogs running loose in the city limits?

Secondly, is rounding up the loose dogs in this town that are creating problems only done when it gets bad enough for someone to start complaining about it?
GGregson

Talihina, OK

#2 Apr 3, 2012
Talisman, I am on the city council. I am noticing more and more dogs running loose in town. Yes, we do have a leash law in Talihina. However, that is probably hard to believe with all the dogs running loose. Is there a specific area you are having problems or is it just that everywhere you look there's a dog? I have visited with Animal Control and I will visit with him again. We pick up strays, fine the owner, they get the dog back and we are right back where we started, again. Please feel free to let me or any council member know if you have any questions that the council needs to address. You are welcome to come to any of our City Council meetings. First Monday of every month at 5:30.
Talisman

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2012
GGregson wrote:
Talisman, I am on the city council. I am noticing more and more dogs running loose in town. Yes, we do have a leash law in Talihina. However, that is probably hard to believe with all the dogs running loose. Is there a specific area you are having problems or is it just that everywhere you look there's a dog? I have visited with Animal Control and I will visit with him again. We pick up strays, fine the owner, they get the dog back and we are right back where we started, again. Please feel free to let me or any council member know if you have any questions that the council needs to address. You are welcome to come to any of our City Council meetings. First Monday of every month at 5:30.
Thank you for your quick reply and information.
The problem area that I am aware of is the apartment complex and general area of Meadow Heights around 8th and 7th streets and Sequoyah and Roberts streets. I am sure there are other areas in town as well.
Specifically there is one dog in particular that is getting more aggressive toward vehicles in the area and did in fact hit one car in an attempt to either bite it or as an act of extreme aggression toward it. The dog appears to be a mixed breed pit bull.
There are people in this town who have gone to great lengths and expense to contain and confine their pets to their property. It is extremely frustrating to see the ordinance flagrantly ignored by others and allow what could be considered an aggressive breed out running loose because of that disregard for city ordinances.
Your help in getting this ordinance enforced would be appreciated.
Rhonda

Owasso, OK

#5 Apr 4, 2012
Talisman,
I am sure Gina has passed this information on to Animal Control already, but if you see the dog out, you can call the police department and they will dispatch animal control into your area. There is also an ordinance dealing with aggressive dogs, which has stricter requirements for contaminate.
GGregson

Talihina, OK

#6 Apr 4, 2012
Rhonda wrote:
Talisman,
I am sure Gina has passed this information on to Animal Control already, but if you see the dog out, you can call the police department and they will dispatch animal control into your area. There is also an ordinance dealing with aggressive dogs, which has stricter requirements for contaminate.
I replied to this last night. Guess it didn't post. And, you're right. I am taking care of it!
POS

Tulsa, OK

#8 Apr 4, 2012
Where is this pit at? I want to make sure it is not in my area to see if I need to watch out for it. What color is it?
KaT

Tulsa, OK

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Mr Gregson Please have Rick drive up on Sequoyah St. any day of the week he can hand out 3 to 5 fines daily, if that's what will help?
Got a little black Pitbull running around (along with other dogs) chasing cats, This black Pit is growing up fast & getting more aggressive all the time it seems. Sequoyah Street seems to always have loose dog problems!! So made a lil loop around that street/area if you need $$$$$$$$$$
GGregson

Talihina, OK

#10 Apr 5, 2012
KaT wrote:
Mr Gregson Please have Rick drive up on Sequoyah St. any day of the week he can hand out 3 to 5 fines daily, if that's what will help?
Got a little black Pitbull running around (along with other dogs) chasing cats, This black Pit is growing up fast & getting more aggressive all the time it seems. Sequoyah Street seems to always have loose dog problems!! So made a lil loop around that street/area if you need $$$$$$$$$$
I will take care of that. I will get this information to him. Maybe we can get this problem taken care of.
KaT

Tulsa, OK

#11 Apr 5, 2012
Great! Mr. Gregson, Thanks for the quick response! I wasn't home all day but I didn't happen to see the dogs running around today - Wow -! If I do I'll call the police and get Rick up to investigate! Thanks for your help.
GGregson

Coweta, OK

#12 Apr 6, 2012
You are very welcome. We will continue to be diligent in our efforts to enforce the leash law. Any help from the residients is appreciated.
KaT

Muldrow, OK

#13 Apr 8, 2012
Easter Sunday Morning the dogs on Sequoyah St. were running wild, The mix breed pitbull Talisman referred to in a reason post tried chewing on my car tires this morning heading to Church service..? Apparently rick hasn't been up ON SEQUOYAH ST. lately, if he had he's surely see the pack of dogs running loose. The neighborhood folks are getting very fed up with the situation / resulting in nothing being done / residents may start taking the situation into there own hands...if they have too!
Rhonda

Coweta, OK

#14 Apr 9, 2012
I happened to speak to Rick on Friday about another dog and he mentioned that he had been up on Sequoyah but didn't see any dogs out. If you know who the dog belongs to and will sign a complaint, Rick can give them a ticket for allowing the dog to run.
KaT

Owasso, OK

#15 Apr 9, 2012
Sorry Rhonda, Not looking to Rat people off.... Rick has heard many complaint from up on Sequoyah, He needs to spent some time in the area and not just a drive thru. Come On There's A Problem Do Your Job!!!
roberts str

Tulsa, OK

#16 Apr 10, 2012
Talisman wrote:
Can someone of authority (mayor, city council member, police officer, town clerk, Chief Dog Catcher in Charge), spell out what the city ordinance is regarding dogs running loose in the city limits?
Secondly, is rounding up the loose dogs in this town that are creating problems only done when it gets bad enough for someone to start complaining about it?
why dont ypu go down to the pound and see if you think an animal should be kept there. i live in meadow heights and dont see that we have a major dog problem. i never hear of anyone getting bit. we need an animal shelter, or at least a humane dog pound. if animal rights saw those dogs at the pound i believethey would take offense
roberts str

Tulsa, OK

#17 Apr 10, 2012
Rhonda wrote:
I happened to speak to Rick on Friday about another dog and he mentioned that he had been up on Sequoyah but didn't see any dogs out. If you know who the dog belongs to and will sign a complaint, Rick can give them a ticket for allowing the dog to run.
yeah, lets get someone a ticket and cost them and their family money, spoken like a true christian. god loves all animals.
roberts str

Tulsa, OK

#18 Apr 10, 2012
KaT wrote:
Easter Sunday Morning the dogs on Sequoyah St. were running wild, The mix breed pitbull Talisman referred to in a reason post tried chewing on my car tires this morning heading to Church service..? Apparently rick hasn't been up ON SEQUOYAH ST. lately, if he had he's surely see the pack of dogs running loose. The neighborhood folks are getting very fed up with the situation / resulting in nothing being done / residents may start taking the situation into there own hands...if they have too!
i know its just a constant struggle to survive the wild raging pack of wolves, you are just looking for something to bitch about.im glad you speak for the folks
Oit

United States

#19 Apr 10, 2012
I agree with Roberts str. This is the most disgraceful town, has so much animal cruelty it's unbelievable. And the town pound is the worst and should be reported.
Really

United States

#20 Apr 10, 2012
roberts str wrote:
<quoted text> yeah, lets get someone a ticket and cost them and their family money, spoken like a true christian. god loves all animals.
If they cannot afford a ticket then they cannot afford a dog.
GGregson

Talihina, OK

#21 Apr 10, 2012
I understand that the town pound is not the accommodations that we would provide our animals at home. But, believe it or not, it has been approved by the State. The SPCA of the United States sent a representative down to inspect the pound after he received calls of concern. All we have to provide is shelter, food & water. The dogs are fed and watered daily. It should be cleaned out morning and evening with a water hose. The pound passed the inspection by the representative of the SPCA of the US. With that being said, if anyone ever feels that the animals at the pound are not being taken care of properly I urge you to contact City Hall, Police Dept., or any council member at any time. You can always leave a message for one of us at City Hall and we will return your call.
KaT

Jenks, OK

#22 Apr 11, 2012
roberts str wrote:
<quoted text> i know its just a constant struggle to survive the wild raging pack of wolves, you are just looking for something to bitch about.im glad you speak for the folks
"roberts str" Apparently you don't get out much if you don't see dogs out running around on your street or Seq Str. Nothing was said about 'wild raging pack of wolves' But there is or was a pitbull breed that would chase car's down the street barking at them (Smart Mouth) No one is trying to cause trouble just would like to inform authority's of the situation & Yes there are FOLKS on Seq Str. concerned!!(Hot Rod) No one should have to deal with some one else's dog on there own property because the dog owners don't keep them up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joseph "boo"tyson Sun itissomethingfunny 25
Talihina bad boys (Jul '12) Sun HesScottDaniels 31
News LeFlore Co. Deputies Confirm Identity of Body F... (Jan '14) Sun JustChecking 10
Latimer County Commissioners Sat Roe 1
City Council at it again. Illegal activity Aug 19 metoo 2
Wiccans/Pagans (Dec '16) Aug 18 Twisted 5
anyone know brandy smith Aug 17 wanna 1

Red Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Oak Mortgages