OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

So What

Newalla, OK

#48109 Oct 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.
The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban. Of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business.
This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government's ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it.
At least that Memorial is an actual structure, with some kind of perimeter that can be fenced off. Florida Bay is the ocean. How, pray tell, do you "close" 1,100 square miles of ocean? Why would one even need to do so?
My family members are furloughed so Drama Queen in Chief can pay Park Rangers to block access to what is OURS, not theirs.
LOL! The police have always been in those waters, I guess you have never heard of drug runners or illegal immigration.
So What

Newalla, OK

#48110 Oct 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Constitution’s chief architect, James Madison said, in Federalist 58, withholding funding is “most effectual way” to resolve any grievance public might have.
LOL! We don't need no stinking healthcare. We just need leaches.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#48111 Oct 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was "closed" due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.
The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban. Of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business.
This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government's ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it.
At least that Memorial is an actual structure, with some kind of perimeter that can be fenced off. Florida Bay is the ocean. How, pray tell, do you "close" 1,100 square miles of ocean? Why would one even need to do so?
My family members are furloughed so Drama Queen in Chief can pay Park Rangers to block access to what is OURS, not theirs.

Obama is putting on a show to show how spiteful he is.

Park Service was instructed to make life miserable for anyone trying to use these Public Areas.

What kind of asshole does that to the people that pay the bills for this country.

Oh, that's right... Obama!

People are not going to forget this bullshit.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#48112 Oct 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Democratic Campaign for 2014:
Vote Democratic. We're not perfect-but they're NUTS!

Nope, this is the New Slogan for Demtards...

Democrats Slogan: 2014...

"Lean Forward, we're not done yet"
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48113 Oct 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
I think that as the Tea Party has killed the Republicans, I'll just refer to them as the Tea Party now.

Sorry, the Tea Party shut down the government.

You own it.

Every time a story comes out of people suffering then the Tea Party runs to the TV screen.

Especially the Tea critter who marched down to the WWII Memorial and chewed out the Park Service ranger. All on TV. He voted to close the government. Chews out the park ranger.

You get the Tea Critters gushing on Fox News about being so thrilled about closing the government rushing down for their photo ops at the Memorial.

Then the story about children not getting treatment for cancer and then the Tea Party lemmings all rush off to grab them some white coats and get their mugs on TV

The tea party owns this. Especially their 21% favorbility ratings. George Bush ratings. Heh.

How low can you go? How low can you go?
We have no problem with owning what led to up to it. Btw, the Tea Party hasn't taken over the GOP......yet. But as long as they act like RINOs, you can expect to see more of it.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48114 Oct 5, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is putting on a show to show how spiteful he is.

Park Service was instructed to make life miserable for anyone trying to use these Public Areas.

What kind of asshole does that to the people that pay the bills for this country.

Oh, that's right... Obama!

People are not going to forget this bullshit.
They have no right to shut down any of it, it's not theirs.

My cousin was pissed when I showed him they were paying park rangers to shit down private businesses and block oceans and Vet Memorials while he's not getting paid. And he knows who sent those orders down and it wasn't Congress, either side. He is military and civilian contractor. You're right, they won't forget.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48115 Oct 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>They have no right to shut down any of it, it's not theirs.

My cousin was pissed when I showed him they were paying park rangers to shit down private businesses and block oceans and Vet Memorials while he's not getting paid. And he knows who sent those orders down and it wasn't Congress, either side. He is military and civilian contractor. You're right, they won't forget.
Should have said shut down, but shit down is fitting too.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#48116 Oct 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you saw the video, then you saw the two parties arguing and fighting. If you pass a straight party line bill in the House that is noxious to the Dem and expect a Dem controlled senate to pass it and a Dem President to sign it, then you really didn't watch the video...at all.
Watch it again.

Since Liberals claim tax cuts for the rich don't work, why did Obama exempt Corporations from his tax, Obamacare?
So What

Newalla, OK

#48117 Oct 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
He identifies himself as such.
Republicans no matter what they call themselves, tea party, libertarian, etc. all swing one way when it comes down to voting, and really that's all that matters.
Vote Republican, your a Republican.
The majority of Oklahomans are registered Democrats, but the last elections have gone to Republicans by a very large margin. What does that tell you about how the Democrats have run this state?

Hey Packing Heat, What is law in Oklahoma for a convicted felon when it comes to voting?
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#48118 Oct 5, 2013
DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Should have said shut down, but shit down is fitting too.

Republicans should just do a complete reversal and insist the only way they'll fund it will be if the ENTIRE Obamunistcare program be implemented as originally voted for in 2010, eliminating ALL exemptions exensions, special considerations, etc that occurred AFTER the passing for the bill including themselves, their staff and all Union members.

Let's see if the Senate passes it and if Obama signs it.

They want all or nothing? Well, that's giving them EVERYTHING they voted into law in 2010.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#48119 Oct 5, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of Oklahomans are registered Democrats, but the last elections have gone to Republicans by a very large margin. What does that tell you about how the Democrats have run this state?
Hey Packing Heat, What is law in Oklahoma for a convicted felon when it comes to voting?

Here you go Trailer Trash...
www.google.com
So What

Newalla, OK

#48120 Oct 5, 2013
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
A state can set its own minimum wage and Mattress Mary aka Back Seat Mary wii go down in 2014 in more ways than one.
Kettle calling the pot, black.
I keep hearing Fallin will lose her next election, but I'm just not hearing who is going to beat her. Give me a name.
So What

Newalla, OK

#48121 Oct 5, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go Trailer Trash...
www.google.com
If you would get some curtains, you wouldn't use trailer trash as often.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#48122 Oct 5, 2013
State Treasurer Ken Miller says Governor Mary Fallin's Tax Policy is working great after 12-month collections to the state treasury topped a new high at $11.3 billion last month, an indication the economy is continuing to expand here in Oklahoma.

Miller says overall collections for personal income, sales and oil and natural gas taxes increased over the 12-month period, while corporate income and motor vehicle taxes declined. September gross collections totaled $1 billion, a 2 percent increase from September 2012.

It was the third consecutive month that 12-month collections reached a new high.
So What

Newalla, OK

#48123 Oct 5, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Liberals claim tax cuts for the rich don't work, why did Obama exempt Corporations from his tax, Obamacare?
To prevent our economy from slipping back into a recession. A recession that the Tea party wants, so they can say everyone but us sucks.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48124 Oct 5, 2013
Via William Jacobson, NBC's affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.

After one group of veterans went around the barricade, "the park ranger told them the wall was closed," NBC's Mark Seagraves reported. "Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That's when police came and moved everyone out."

Ask yourselves why Obama would piss off the veterans and most of the country on purpose. Country knows it's by his orders, not Congress. This is what you people stand behind?
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48125 Oct 5, 2013
Here's another. And you all stand by this too.

Near MOUNT PISGAH, N.C.— At a spot 5,000 feet above sea level and 20 miles from the nearest town, an innkeeper decided Friday to defy the federal government and reopen his lodge.

That stand lasted about two hours as National Park Service rangers blocked the entrances to the privately run Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway after owner Bruce O'Connell decided to reopen his dining room, gift shop and country store at noon Friday for lunch. The federal government had forced the inn, in a leased building on federal land, to shut down at 6 p.m. ET Thursday at the height of fall foliage — and tourism — season.

O'Connell said Wednesday he would rebel against the order to shutter after seeing World War II veterans reopen their memorial in Washington when barricades blocked the entrances. But he had backed down by the Park Service deadline to close Thursday.

"Conscience, conviction. That's about it," O'Connell said of his decision to reopen after thinking about the situation overnight. He said he would take guests for the weekend as long as the doors were able to remain open.

His family has operated the inn on the parkway about 25 miles from Asheville, N.C., for 35 years. It the only spot for many miles along the 469.1-mile mountain route to sleep or grab a meal and go to the bathroom.

A handful of guests had lunch before Park Service patrol cars blocked the driveways, turning on their orange flashing lights. Rangers turned customers away, saying the government was closed.

“It's conscience and conviction that have taken over me, and I just can't roll over any more.”
Bruce O'Connell, Pisgah Inn
The 51-room inn was booked solid for October. O'Connell said he plans to send refunds to customers who already paid though many planned vacations to see the fall colors months in advance.

His 100 employees are idled; 35 live on the property.

"It's conscience and conviction that have taken over me, and I just can't roll over any more," he said.

The parkway, which meanders through Virginia and North Carolina joining the Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains national parks, has another privately run inn operating on leased federal land, the Peaks of Otter Lodge at milepost 86 in Virginia. Peaks of Otter Lodge officials closed without balking at the same time Thursday, telling those who had paid reservations that the inn would be providing refunds if guests are not able to change their reservations, according to information on its website.
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48126 Oct 5, 2013
WASHINGTON (AP)— The Pentagon is ordering most of its approximately 400,000 furloughed civilian employees back to work.
The decision by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is based on a Pentagon legal interpretation of a law called the Pay Our Military Act.

That measure was passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama shortly before the partial government shutdown began Tuesday.
The Pentagon did not immediately say on Saturday exactly how many workers will return to work. The Defense Department said "most" were being brought back.

The law ensured that members of the military, who have remained at work throughout the shutdown, would be paid on time. It also left room for the Pentagon to keep on the job those civilians who provide support to the military.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#48127 Oct 5, 2013
Here's how much the TP House Repubs LOVE VETERANS. Here's a list of all the Veterans Bills
they've kyboshed just since Obamas' been in office.

1)HR 466 - Wounded Veterans Job Security Act
2) HR1168 - Veterans Retraining Act
3)HR 1171 - Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program Reauthorization
4)HR1172 - Requiring List on VA website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans
5)HR1293 - Disabled Veterans Home Improvment and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act
6)HR1803 - Veteran Business Center Act
7)HR2352 - Job Creation Through Entrepeneurship Act

And let's not forget golden boy Ryans budget that CUTS VETERANS BENEFITS BY $1.4 TRILLION OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS. THAT'S HOW MUCH THEY "LOVE" VETERANS...
DoesntMatter

Cushing, OK

#48128 Oct 5, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Here's how much the TP House Repubs LOVE VETERANS. Here's a list of all the Veterans Bills
they've kyboshed just since Obamas' been in office.

1)HR 466 - Wounded Veterans Job Security Act
2) HR1168 - Veterans Retraining Act
3)HR 1171 - Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program Reauthorization
4)HR1172 - Requiring List on VA website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans
5)HR1293 - Disabled Veterans Home Improvment and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act
6)HR1803 - Veteran Business Center Act
7)HR2352 - Job Creation Through Entrepeneurship Act

And let's not forget golden boy Ryan’s budget that CUTS VETERANS BENEFITS BY $1.4 TRILLION OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS. THAT'S HOW MUCH THEY "LOVE" VETERANS...
I see you didn't defend your King Messiah Obama did you ? Just changes the subject didn't you?

Post the words to these bills Just . Let's go through them one by one.

And then tell us why you support King Obama and what he's doing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Others arrested in fridays raid? 7 hr Footinyourstupidm... 31
News Man Dead After Shots Fired, Fire Breaks Out In ... 11 hr Scuba Steve 9
News 4 troopers hurt, suspect dead in Oklahoma shootout 19 hr Watchful Owl 35
News Downtown Talihina Business Owners Begin Cleanup... Sun James is the Real... 24
Banquet Food Sat Tiger Pride 4
News Talihina superintendent's spending examined May 18 Irritated but tha... 186
City council meeting May 15 Exactly right 12

Red Oak Jobs

Personal Finance

Red Oak Mortgages