Pregnant teenagers
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
help them

Hodgen, OK

#1 Mar 19, 2010
I have heard that there are 9 girls pregnant in high-school this year. NINE, is it just me or does that seem like a lot?

I've also heard that it is quite normal to be knocked up and married before a girl is out of high school in this little town.

I have also heard that more than half of them will never leave here, and we all know there are NO jobs, or oppertunities here. The best these girls can hope for is to maybe become an LPN and work at the hospital.

I have also heard that in order to get condoms here the kids have to ask for them at the Pharmacy, at the Alco, at the Dollar store?

I have this to say about it. If your teenager gets knocked up before they are out of school IT IS YOUR FAULT.

Take your blinders off people, there is nothing else for these kids to do, and when someone tries to find something else for them to do, the Adults stand in the way of it. There are several post on this forum about the kids not having nothing to do.

So..people, regardless of how you feel about abstinance (which is like asking a river not to run) buy your freakin little breeders some condoms. For the love of god, would you please start raising your own kids so that my tax dollars don't have to support them for the rest of their lives.

I think maybe some parents should get together and hand out condoms the night of prom prior to the kids going into the building. What do ya'll think?
intheshadows

Mcalester, OK

#3 Mar 20, 2010
heh wrote:
teach you daughters to give head, and remind them that boys like it when they swallow
Mr. Words Of Wisdom.......remember to teach your daughter that someday when you have one. It's a shame your Grandma didn't teach your Momma that, huh.
local

Hodgen, OK

#4 Mar 20, 2010
This is a very serious issue. And its a community issue. My daughter told me she bought condoms for a classmate because the classmate did not feel they could talk to their parents about it, and was afraid if they asked for them at a store someone would tell their parents.

This is not just a "teenage" problem. Its a community problem. We need to ask ourselves "What are we not teaching these children?" and why? I think handing out condoms would be a good idea, if it was done tactfully. It would be better if fathers would talk to their sons, and mothers to their daughters.

You don't have to buy them, they can be obtained at the Health Department for Free.

Parents, keep in mind, there are worse consequences than pregnancy. Protect your children. You would take a bullet for them, they know that, but can you look them in the eye and talk to them about the dangers of unprotected sex?
uthinkyoursosmar t

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Mar 21, 2010
I was a pregant teen and I know it was because there is nothing 2 do in this town. But I finished school damn sure don't need ur tax dollars and u know what else I'm getting my LPN because I want 2 help peopl not because its all I can get! Don't knock it for I min because its hard for a single mom to go to school! Learn to be more respective! Not all pregant teens live off the state!

Since: Mar 10

United States

#6 Mar 21, 2010
well this is just what happens when you live in a small town when I went to school thats all we had to do was to mess around and the girls were just as bad as the boys . so if everyone would just mind there own bussiness I garentee that it would be ok!!!!!!!!!
depends

Chouteau, OK

#7 Mar 21, 2010
jonny cash wrote:
well this is just what happens when you live in a small town when I went to school thats all we had to do was to mess around and the girls were just as bad as the boys . so if everyone would just mind there own bussiness I garentee that it would be ok!!!!!!!!!
jonny cash you need to get back in school and get an education.
help them

Hodgen, OK

#8 Mar 22, 2010
uthinkyoursosmart wrote:
I was a pregant teen and I know it was because there is nothing 2 do in this town. But I finished school damn sure don't need ur tax dollars and u know what else I'm getting my LPN because I want 2 help peopl not because its all I can get! Don't knock it for I min because its hard for a single mom to go to school! Learn to be more respective! Not all pregant teens live off the state!
Really, who paid for your child to be born? Who pays for day-care so you can go to school? Who pays for your school? If you have recieved Food Stamps, Medicaid, TANF, or WIC, you have lived off the state.

I'm not knocking what you are doing. And I am glad you are taking the steps to get your stuff together, but until that happens, my guess is you are getting financial help from somewhere.

Yes, it is hard for a single parent, but you chose to be a parent, and you chose to do it early in life, because you CHOSE not to use a condom. There is a really good chance that you didn't have a condom for some of the reasons I stated. I don't feel sorry for you, you made your own bed. I'm only saying that if you got your education before you started having babies, life would probably be a little easier for you.

Do you really want a 15 year old freshman to go through what you have been through, to have to deal with the difficulties you have faced. Would YOu want your daughter to do what you did?

Do you want to pay, when you actually start paying taxes, for other peoples kids. Wouldn't you much rather spend that money on your own kids? I know I sure as hell would.
Elizabeth

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Mar 22, 2010
help them wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, who paid for your child to be born? Who pays for day-care so you can go to school? Who pays for your school? If you have recieved Food Stamps, Medicaid, TANF, or WIC, you have lived off the state.
I'm not knocking what you are doing. And I am glad you are taking the steps to get your stuff together, but until that happens, my guess is you are getting financial help from somewhere.
Yes, it is hard for a single parent, but you chose to be a parent, and you chose to do it early in life, because you CHOSE not to use a condom. There is a really good chance that you didn't have a condom for some of the reasons I stated. I don't feel sorry for you, you made your own bed. I'm only saying that if you got your education before you started having babies, life would probably be a little easier for you.
Do you really want a 15 year old freshman to go through what you have been through, to have to deal with the difficulties you have faced. Would YOu want your daughter to do what you did?
Do you want to pay, when you actually start paying taxes, for other peoples kids. Wouldn't you much rather spend that money on your own kids? I know I sure as hell would.
I like how you automatically assume she received help from the state. I had my son when I was 18 and I never had any help from the state! Yes it is possible! I worked and went to school, my parents helped me. I was covered under both of their insurances so you can sleep well tonight knowing I didn't use your tax dollars. My dad worked civil service and retired and made the decision he wanted to babysit my son while I went school and worked. I also never received financial aid! I had a college fund and I have student loans. I worked full time so my son does have insurance through my employer not the state medical department. I am now 24 years old and am receiving my bachelors in business administration. It is possible for teen moms to succeed without help from state programs. I have friends that have accomplished this as well. Not all teen moms use state programs! Before I forget I'm not sure if you took sex education or not but condoms aren't 100% effective, she didn't say she chose not to use a condomn you so little minded just assumed so. I do pay taxes its my responsibility and obligation to my country, I don't get to
choose where it goes but I understand everyone needs help sometimes. I love how people like you try to make it seem like we can't succeed without your tax dollars.
uthinkursosmart

Warwick, RI

#10 Mar 23, 2010
Thank u elizbeth! Like I said I dnt need ur tax dollars! I paid 4 both of my kids 2 be born! My mom helps with my kis and guess what I pay her with my own money! I worked my way thru school and I'm working now! So stop thinking every one wants ur tax dollars! My kids never have been on wic or foodstamps thank u! And 2 be honest I think that haveing my babies @ an early age made me the strong person I am 2 day! So now what! U want 2 knock me some more?
uthinkursosmart

Warwick, RI

#11 Mar 23, 2010
O and yep I had a condom it broke my first time the second baby he said he can't have kids! And u sure know a lot about these services! I bet u recive all of them!
help them

Hodgen, OK

#13 Mar 23, 2010
I can't believe you people are going around the point, the point is there are 9 girls pregnant in high school this year at Talihina. NINE. And maybe you people did not use the state, but if you did not you are the exception, not the rule. If you don't believe me look up the statistics. Especially in this area.

Please don't encourage these girls. And don't try to convince me that life is somehow better because you had kids early. I did not have children until my mid 20's, but a lot of high school friends did not wait.
I've seen what they have been through.

I know that condoms are not a hundred percent, but I'm not naive enough to believe that all 9 of these girls condoms broke, if that is the case they need to file a class action lawsuit and sue the manufacturer.
But you know as well as I that is not what happened.

It bothers me that the mindset of these girls is that its ok to have a kid early in age. And the fact that the two of you are somewhat encouraging girls to do this. OMG..

So, to any teenagers who are reading this.. THERE IS A BIG WORLD OUT THERE BEYOND THESE MOUNTAINS. You can become the dreams you dream, and it is a lot harder to do with a baby on your hip.

Stop sugar coating this issue.
help them

Hodgen, OK

#14 Mar 23, 2010
And stop attacking me, I'm not the only one who thinks this everytime they see a pregnant teen walking down the road. But I am brave enough to say something. Educate these kids, maybe show them there is life beyond high school, and for petes sake, make condoms more available to them so that they can make responsible, informed decisions regarding their futures.

I'm sorry you took it personal, but if what you say is true, then the whole thing does not apply to you anyway.

And Elizabeth, you should know, more than others, that most of the girls here, do not have the resources you had. Do you think all these girls have college funds? Do you think all of their parents have insurance? And by the way, because I think you should know. Most family plan insurances from an employer, do not cover teenage pregnancy.

Instead of attacking me, maybe you should set up a talk with these girls to show them that they can succeed. And how to go about doing that. Because you have lived it, you should be able to talk to them about it, and if you help just one..Well then you have accomplished something.

That is the kind of encouragement they need now.
expect

Claremore, OK

#15 Mar 23, 2010
What else can one expect out of teenagers today. They have sex and drugs crammed down their throats 24/7. They are taught about it in the schools, sex is all one sees on TV. The majority of them have parents that are shacking up with their boyfriend or girlfriend right before the children. There is no shame left in this country. What was at one time something to be ashamed and embarrassed about is now glorified. I blame today's society on the moral decay in this country today. These girls having these babies without being married don't stop and think that those babies are going to be considered Bastards and are being doomed to hell. The Bible clearly states, "A Bastard can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." So to all you females that are having sex without being married and having Bastard kids quit acting as though you have done nothing wrong.
Elizabeth

Waterloo, Canada

#16 Mar 23, 2010
expect wrote:
What else can one expect out of teenagers today. They have sex and drugs crammed down their throats 24/7. They are taught about it in the schools, sex is all one sees on TV. The majority of them have parents that are shacking up with their boyfriend or girlfriend right before the children. There is no shame left in this country. What was at one time something to be ashamed and embarrassed about is now glorified. I blame today's society on the moral decay in this country today. These girls having these babies without being married don't stop and think that those babies are going to be considered Bastards and are being doomed to hell. The Bible clearly states, "A Bastard can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." So to all you females that are having sex without being married and having Bastard kids quit acting as though you have done nothing wrong.
Maybe you shouldn't worry about who's going to hell and who's not. Thank you though for the great lecture and information! You have made my day so much brighter! I don't have anything but sympathy for you because you are to little minded of a person to dislike. I think maybe you should start a campaign and spread your word of God to these girls instead of myself. Have a great day!
qwerty

Talihina, OK

#17 Mar 23, 2010
kids are going to have sex because it feels good. It a parents responsibility to provide information and protection. Just telling your kids not to have sex doesn't work, you have to explain things. If you think your child is having sex or pretty close to it provide birth control, that include condoms for boys.
expect

Claremore, OK

#18 Mar 23, 2010
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you shouldn't worry about who's going to hell and who's not. Thank you though for the great lecture and information! You have made my day so much brighter! I don't have anything but sympathy for you because you are to little minded of a person to dislike. I think maybe you should start a campaign and spread your word of God to these girls instead of myself. Have a great day!
YOU are the one with the Bastard kid that is doomed to the Lake of Fire and Brimstone for all of Eternity, not me. So now who has the small mind.
expect

Claremore, OK

#19 Mar 23, 2010
qwerty wrote:
kids are going to have sex because it feels good. It a parents responsibility to provide information and protection. Just telling your kids not to have sex doesn't work, you have to explain things. If you think your child is having sex or pretty close to it provide birth control, that include condoms for boys.
What an asinine stupid comment and then people wonder why this country is in total moral decay. It is because of people such as you with no sense of right or wrong. Your way of thinking is, "If it feels good then do it."
help them

Hodgen, OK

#20 Mar 23, 2010
qwerty wrote:
kids are going to have sex because it feels good. It a parents responsibility to provide information and protection. Just telling your kids not to have sex doesn't work, you have to explain things. If you think your child is having sex or pretty close to it provide birth control, that include condoms for boys.
I agree, but also give condoms to the girls as well. Tell them, if the guy truly respects you, he will not have a problem wearing one, and if he refuses, the girl should reconsider her decision to have relations with the young man. It is a mothers obligation to explain these things to her daughter.
help them

Hodgen, OK

#21 Mar 23, 2010
@ expect, please keep the religious bs to yourself. You can't prove there is an afterlife, but it has already been proven that condoms reduce the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy. It does not help anyone to tell them they are going to hell. If you want to share, please be more constructive about it.
Face True Facts

Claremore, OK

#22 Mar 23, 2010
Bastard children and their decendants burn in hell
The bible makes it quite clear that children born out of wedlock cannot get into heaven, and neither can the next ten generations of their progeny.

- Deuteronomy 23:2:

"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City fines trashy property owners (Oct '14) 7 hr Metoo 23
Pams diner 13 hr Penelope 9
Chris Morman Mon Bless them 7
Local pastor arrest for incest- child sexual abuse Mon Please be careful 28
This rightwing idiot is trying to say.... (Sep '09) Jul 22 Free Thinker 69
Congrats President Clinton Jul 22 LockHerUp 2
I found a fox news watch party (Dec '14) Jul 21 Rosie 6

Red Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Oak Mortgages