Gilbert Schrage

Gilbert Schrage

There are 1 comment on the Elgin Review story from Jan 7, 2011, titled Gilbert Schrage. In it, Elgin Review reports that:

Gilbert Schrage, age 93, of Red Oak, IA passed away Saturday, December 18, 2010 at the Good Samaritan Rest Home in Red Oak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Elgin Review.

Rich Sternberg

Flemington, NJ

#1 Jan 18, 2011
Dear Dorothy,

I trust you will recall that I interviewed both you and your husband, Gil, in the late July, 2009, when I had the wonderful opportunity to visit your community and meet so many very special people.

Because I had totally replayed your interview again,very recently, for the third time, and had only today completed my own written reflection of what specifically you stated during the over-an-hour interview you both had afforded me, reflecting upon your very lucid memories. You and Gil had remarakable savvy and much to say, with outstanding evidence of very fine memories. Strangely enough I decided to look you both up, on-line, and shockingly,found that Gil had passed away, exactly one month ago, today.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Gil was not only very tall, especially for one in his 90's, but he was in my eyes, a giant of a man.He was everything all of us want a parentand/or grandparent to be and I am certain he was also a most devoted and loving husband.

Please accept my most sincere condolences on your terrible loss. I wish that I could have shared with him the finished product of my written efforts.

With sincere sympathy,

Rich Sternberg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body Found in Well ID'd as Missing Red Oak Woman (Dec '06) Sep '16 Aprils_Army 10
News Iowa Sheriff Arrested On Suspicion Of Domestic ... (Nov '07) Mar '16 James Sokolov 12
News Montgomery County, Iowa Sheriff Arrested for Do... (Nov '07) Jul '14 Doreen 46
News Man who threatened to set woman on fire out of ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Not a fan of Bruce 1
amy sue (Feb '14) Feb '14 mercedes 1
Red Oak Shopko (Aug '13) Aug '13 mogambler 1
Amanda Deiterin (May '13) May '13 lol 1

Red Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Oak Mortgages