Red Oak looks dirty
Maria G

Woodbine, IA

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Does anyone else notice how dirty Red Oak looks when you drive down Broadway? There must be a foot of muck on the sides of the road. Ive seen the big street sweeper around, so why dont they use it on Broadway?
kevin

Waterloo, IA

#2 May 12, 2009
because its a state highway not the towns!!!!!
Jane Tyler

Wenatchee, WA

#3 Jun 10, 2009
Does anyone in Red Oak, remember names of the Owen families that lived there. A son was borned Dec, 1946 named Steve Owen. But we are looking for other members, as we have talked to Steve. He doesn't know any of his OWEN relatives that lived in the area.
My grandpa, was Clarence Otie Owen, he died in the 1930's. But I don't know his family either.
Septimusiam

Carroll, IA

#4 Jun 20, 2009
i live in red oak and it is as nasty as you say it is, you dont want to live here the police are on your butt all the time they have nothing better to do, and god forbid dont get into any trouble here because the manastraight or judge here is old as hell and a moron to boot, this town is so screwed up and currupted it isnt even funny, red oak could be a nice town if the higher ups would get theyre heads out there butts, and the police stop messing with good people and go after the bad, the police here will pull you over and plant drugs on you, the fire deptment here couldnt put out a fire if there own houses where on fire,red oak higher ups is the real reason why this town has gone down hill, there is no jobs here, every place is shutting down, starting to look like a ghost town tumble weeds and all, and sad thing is at one time, wal-mart, and harley-davidson was going to put up shops and factorys in red oak, but the higher ups said no we dont like them type of people in our little town, plus heres another fact on the square here in red oak there is a tat shop the people are getting sick a week after getting ink done on them, must be dirty needles or something, two friends from florida come up to visit one weekend so they wanted to get some ink done one girl was 14 years old and still got ink, dont know how her parents wasnt around, and she went back home with TB and her boyfriend of 17 years old got TB from the same ink shop, red oak is a joke
Jane Tyler

Eugene, OR

#5 Jun 20, 2009
I can't believe the filthy comments made by the Omaha person. GET a life. If you feel the city has that much corruption. It is your duty to not talk about it, but DO something. Like report to the state police dept. Your comments on this post get you nothing, but a place to vent, to people who can't do anything about it. Try doing something positive with your ANGRY attitude.
local

United States

#6 Jun 21, 2009
So you think it is cool when the cops beat somebody to a pulp after they already tasered the person. Beat him so bad he had to go to the emergency room and has a host of medical problems? fucken ridiculous! This happened recently and to someone suffering from m.s.
Marie

Papillion, NE

#7 Jun 24, 2009
I love Red Oak! It is a great town. Has the spectacular Performing Arts Center, YMCA, great food such as the new Mexican restaurant Casa De Oro. Best tasting Mexican food around....try it and you will keep coming back! The square is beautifully kept up. Nice landscaping has been done all over the town. Just looks nice!
Mel

Peoria, IL

#8 Jul 31, 2009
Red Oak is a great community :) It is truly beautiful! For those who believe it's not are usually those who are causing the problems! Red Oak itself is a wonderful town :)
Scott

Omaha, NE

#9 Sep 21, 2009
Attention Septimusiam: If the "police are on your but" STOP MESSING UP!!! You mentioned how bad the cops are in Red Oak three times - get your act together, stop breaking the law, and set yourself straight! P.S. One would wonder why a person from Omaha would travel the entire distance to Red Oak to "get some ink done" my guess is you were up to no good again and thought you could get away with your criminal antics in lil' ole Red Oak and you got caught again --- Shape up you loser!!!
John

Waterloo, IA

#10 Sep 24, 2009
I have only One complaint and that is the heavy dog population that I see at night when I am out walking my small Shih szuh, was attached one time by a larger dog with no tags or collar,,This really needs to be enforced...I really dont blame the city but the lax owners of these dogs that really dont care.
CCW

Omaha, NE

#11 Nov 3, 2009
I have been through Red Oak once and yes it does look like a dirty ghost town. I also know someone who was harassed by the police there and is almost 50 yrs old and had never been in trouble, because of this they had to start going to councilling and became scared and suisidal. They even quit their job of 7 yrs because they would not drive through the town anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body Found in Well ID'd as Missing Red Oak Woman (Dec '06) Jun '17 4u2nv 12
News Iowa Sheriff Arrested On Suspicion Of Domestic ... (Nov '07) Mar '16 James Sokolov 12
News Montgomery County, Iowa Sheriff Arrested for Do... (Nov '07) Jul '14 Doreen 46
News Man who threatened to set woman on fire out of ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Not a fan of Bruce 1
amy sue (Feb '14) Feb '14 mercedes 1
Red Oak Shopko (Aug '13) Aug '13 mogambler 1
Amanda Deiterin (May '13) May '13 lol 1

Red Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Oak Mortgages