Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn: City Livin...

Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn: City Living among old and new

There are 4 comments on the AMNY story from Oct 1, 2008, titled Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn: City Living among old and new. In it, AMNY reports that:

A woman and child make their way down the streets of Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. As the F or G train transitions to the elevated tracks after leaving the Carroll Street station, the first thing many straphangers ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

Marion T D Lewis

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 1, 2008
In my book, A summer in Brooklyn a Summer in Paris,( lulu.com ) I chronicled my ten day holiday in Brooklyn and compared two of my favorite cities, Brooklyn and Paris. I think readers of my book who live in Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill might find what I said about my day in their neighborhood somewhat objectionable, and I seriously considered leaving it out of the book, but in the end, I decided to write authentically and let the readers come to their own conclusions. I happen to love the area and find that it is a lot like Paris in many respects, and I would say that most people are very hospitable and open. But it could be a bit more diverse, no doubt about it. Maybe if it were I would have had a different experience when I visited the neighborhood a few summers ago.
By Marion TD Lewis, Esq., a New York Divorce attorney and author of A summer in Brooklyn a summer in Paris
gigi

AOL

#2 Oct 2, 2008
Marion T D Lewis wrote:
In my book, A summer in Brooklyn a Summer in Paris,( lulu.com ) I chronicled my ten day holiday in Brooklyn and compared two of my favorite cities, Brooklyn and Paris. I think readers of my book who live in Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill might find what I said about my day in their neighborhood somewhat objectionable, and I seriously considered leaving it out of the book, but in the end, I decided to write authentically and let the readers come to their own conclusions. I happen to love the area and find that it is a lot like Paris in many respects, and I would say that most people are very hospitable and open. But it could be a bit more diverse, no doubt about it. Maybe if it were I would have had a different experience when I visited the neighborhood a few summers ago.
By Marion TD Lewis, Esq., a New York Divorce attorney and author of A summer in Brooklyn a summer in Paris
Your book sucks,stick with your day job.
John S Mosby

Lindenhurst, NY

#4 Oct 4, 2008
A nice little survey, but in mentioning the Church of St. Mary Star of the Sea (and that noted crook, Al Capone), you left out one of the real architechural gems in Brooklyn, the Church of St. Agnes, which is at the heart and soul of the neighborhood and is a fine example of the turn of the century neo-gothic revival, build in 1903 with the pennies of immigrants, with fabulous stained glass windows.
Marion

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Dearest Gigi

Have some chocolate, you'll feel better.

Marion TD Lewis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Hook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ulster Park Music Thread 18 hr Musikologist 1
News Woman dies in one-car accident in Woodbourne (Jun '07) Jun 24 Ida 2
Evan Wisniewski (Jun '08) Jun 1 The real one 30
Cardinal Farley Military High School (Jul '09) May '17 JRJ 30
Gangs in kingston, ny (Aug '09) May '17 Ex-Kingstonian 20
dope (Jun '13) May '17 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Female prison guard from Kingston charged with ... (Dec '07) May '17 Cordwainer Trout 156

Red Hook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Hook Mortgages