Dogs attack llamas, create havoc on rural Red Feather Lakes pro...

Full story: KUSA Denver
Elaine Sipes could sense something was terribly wrong when her dogs woke her up early Monday morning. Full Story
Kelly Z

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jun 5, 2007
As an animal lover of all creature's, I sure do wish people would take more responsibility of their dogs. A family in Ellicot, CO just had their pregnant pet goats killed from neighbors' dogs running loose. If people were to watch their dog's better, this sort of thing wouldn't have to happen. What a tragedy for everyone. No one wins in these types of situations. It breaks my heart to read these stories over and over. Pet owner's need to be more responsible.
Carissa

Englewood, CO

#2 Jun 5, 2007
How horrible! Next time she should be armed with a gun instead of a stick! These animals are her pets and her livelyhood and it is ridiculous that these animals are aloud to run loose and be so destructive!
Kyleen

Englewood, CO

#3 Jun 5, 2007
My parents happen to be close neighbors and friends to the Sipes's and they raise Alpacas. About a week and a half ago we had 2 of our Goats killed (litterally torn apart). The authorities came to see the goats and mentioned that it looked like dogs(possibly a Pitbull)had killed them. We suspected the exact same dogs that attacked the Sipes's llamas but could not even contact the owners to make them aware that their dogs may be running wild since they have their property gated off and the authorities would do nothing!!! It is rediculous that just because the other dog wasn't found on her property it gets away, what if a child had been attacked? would the same rules apply?!! These llamas are not animals to the Sipes's, they are a part of their family. The other dog WILL KILL AGAIN, NO DOUBT!!! I was afraid this was going to happen, what does it take for the authorities to deal with a dangerous animal that is running loose. Does a man, woman or child have to be hurt or even killed? I really hope not.
Anna-Weld County

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2007
In response to the 'probably pitbull' comment....
I have a pitbull mix. He is the most loveable 68 pound dog you've ever seen. If you would let him- he'd sit on your lap all day. I know they aren't all like him, BUT- any dog can be a vicious dog... German Shepherds, Poodles, Cocker Spaniels, those smaller Terriers- any dog, don't just single out one breed.

If you have an irresponsible dog owner- you probably have a dog that needs to be living with a more responsible family. Like the saying goes "the rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree"
(it applies to both dogs and people)

The so called authorities are trying to single out the Pitbull's so they can try and call them illegal breeds, and keep them out of the city. Did anyone consider the 'wild' animals that are out there too. What about a coyote, dog-like- don't you think? or maybe abandoned dogs that turn wild trying to survive, because of irresponsible pet owners that dump them off on country roads?
Kyleen wrote:
My parents happen to be close neighbors and friends to the Sipes's and they raise Alpacas. About a week and a half ago we had 2 of our Goats killed (litterally torn apart). The authorities came to see the goats and mentioned that it looked like dogs(possibly a Pitbull)had killed them. We suspected the exact same dogs that attacked the Sipes's llamas but could not even contact the owners to make them aware that their dogs may be running wild since they have their property gated off and the authorities would do nothing!!! It is rediculous that just because the other dog wasn't found on her property it gets away, what if a child had been attacked? would the same rules apply?!! These llamas are not animals to the Sipes's, they are a part of their family. The other dog WILL KILL AGAIN, NO DOUBT!!! I was afraid this was going to happen, what does it take for the authorities to deal with a dangerous animal that is running loose. Does a man, woman or child have to be hurt or even killed? I really hope not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Feather Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
November is national home care and hospice month Nov '14 Calvin James 1
Inventing Estes Park (Jan '14) Jan '14 Barb Boyer Buck 1
Does ay one remember a logging camp in 1963 in ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rocky Dean 1
Love colorado (Nov '13) Nov '13 John 1
A 'United' effort for Estes Park (Jul '13) Jul '13 Wonderful 3
Little control, less help coming from county to... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Only way to solve... 2
Names of Red Feather Lakes shooting subjects re... (Jul '12) Aug '12 Crashhh 3
More from around the web

Red Feather Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:16 AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton