Red Bud Athletic Association Officer ...

Red Bud Athletic Association Officer Nominations

Posted in the Red Bud Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RBAA Coach

Smithton, IL

#1 Mar 20, 2012
Being the third month of nominations it seems there is a shaking up going on in the Red Bud Athletic Association as the final night for nominations was held it almost felt like a war strategy the way nomination came in one right after another to challenge previously nominated people.

Nominations for board positions.

President - Eli Aubuchon vs Dave Gregson
Vice Pres - Todd Birkner vs Jim Lolan
Treasurer - Steve Kueker unopposed
Secretary - Kelly Doiron vs Tom Hasenstab

Come out and vote April 24 7:00 at THE "V"
Curious

Red Bud, IL

#2 Mar 21, 2012
Last meeting we were told by Dave Gregson that the equipment was in good shape and ready to go, the few things that needed replacing would be.

This meeting we were told new catchers equipment was bought for all the teams.

Almost $3000 was spent on equipment at Curt Smiths in between the meetings, but again all equipment was supposed to be in good shape at the last meeting?

Why was all new catchers’ equipment purchased?

Why was this large purchase not brought to the meeting for approval?

Why were multiple bids not submitted by equipment companies to attempt to get the best product at the best price?

Why was all this new equipment not purchased at the end of last season?

Why was this large purchase on new equipment announced right before Dave Gregson was nominated for president?

So after all these years of being in charge of maintaining the equipment all new catchers equipment was needed all at one time for every team?? Looks like the equipment has been neglected over the years to require such a large purchase all at once or maybe it was a simple effort at buying votes
Jim Lolan

Waterloo, IL

#3 Mar 21, 2012
He has my vote!
Coach

Waterloo, IL

#4 Mar 21, 2012
Curious wrote:
Last meeting we were told by Dave Gregson that the equipment was in good shape and ready to go, the few things that needed replacing would be.
Almost $3000 was spent on equipment at Curt Smiths in between the meetings, but again all equipment was supposed to be in good shape at the last meeting?
Why were multiple bids not submitted by equipment companies to attempt to get the best product at the best price?
Why was this large purchase on new equipment announced right before Dave Gregson was nominated for president?
So after all these years of being in charge of maintaining the equipment all new catchers equipment was needed all at one time for every team?? Looks like the equipment has been neglected over the years to require such a large purchase all at once or maybe it was a simple effort at buying votes
Dave said he actually goes thru each equipment bag and inspects each piece of equipment and repairs any thing that needs repair before the bags are put away for the year. All the equipment is ok and there is no reason for new equipment.

Now we are getting all new catcher's gear for every team. Something is very fishy about that. Why just catcher's gear? All the bats are OK? With all the new technology out there and all the new safety features how can nothing else get upgraded?

Just very odd he says its OK and then writes a check for almost $3000 without any vote by the board.

Can't wait till the next meeting when we vote. I am expecting to get a free vote for Dave T-shirt, steak dinner, and free beer.
Grow up

Valmeyer, IL

#5 Mar 21, 2012
Per your comment Curious ~ Dave said at the last meeting "the few things that needed replacing would be". Well, isn't that what he did? You complained that the equipment wasn't getting replaced and now your complaining that it IS getting replaced. Sounds to me like you're the one trying to buy votes by bashing Dave on here. If he bought catcher's gear for only one or two teams, you would complain about how unfair it is that all of the teams didn't get it. Grow up. Dave's spending the money where it needs to be spent.
Curious wrote:
RBAA Coach

Smithton, IL

#6 Mar 21, 2012
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave said he actually goes thru each equipment bag and inspects each piece of equipment and repairs any thing that needs repair before the bags are put away for the year.
So then why was the new equipment only bought recently and now we are waiting on getting stuff in for the start of the season.

Shouldn't it of been purchased upon the year end inspection??

Dave wont hand out boys equipment to the coaches until the new stuff shows up, why can't we use the old stuff till it gets here??

Atleast the guy in charge of the girls equipment is willing to do just that!

The season is only a month away, weather is nice, we want to practice, hard to do with our equipment
Jim Lolan

Waterloo, IL

#7 Mar 21, 2012
Eli who?
I guess he would be better then nothing. I'm just glad that
Gregson was nominated, and wanted the position. I really
Feel it's a easy call, Anyone who has ever dealt with Dave or Tom
Know that they are honest, and have the best interest of the league at heart.
Also, if the best you can do at running Dave down is complaining about the new gear
Or that he hasn't got it to you yet, he's not doing to bad of a job.
baseballcoach

Waterloo, IL

#8 Mar 21, 2012
To start off, I have never had a problem with Dave. He has been with the RBAA seems like forever. I think he has had nothing but the best interest of the RBAA in mind. However Tom on the other hand is the biggest self serving piece of you know what out there. He has had tournaments out at the ball diamonds for his select team and does nothing to help get it ready. I have seen him sit out there drinking all night on Friday then when it comes time to get the fields ready for his tournament he leaves and goes home. Then he has vendors come in that take money away from the concession stand (the same vendors that he said are not allowed to come out for other tournaments). He charges these vendors to come out and I guess keeps that money at least I doubt he gives any the the RBAA. He is more worried about his select team than he is about the RBAA. When Eli was nominated for President I thought this is going to be a good thing. He is out there all the time working on the fields. He even spent the night last year during Fireman's weekend getting water off the field so teams could finish the tourney. This is tourney that RBAA gets all the profit. Eli got nothing for staying out there all night. He stayed out there because he takes pride it putting on a good tournament. He is the reason that most of the big name teams come all the way to Red Bud to play. Like I was saying it was going to be great Eli was running against do nothing Tom. Now there is a new twist that really has me wondering what to do.
Tom knew he would lose to Eli, but still is power hungry so is going after the only one he thinks he can beat (the secretary). The one he yells at and makes cry during meetings when he doesn't get his way.
Steve is an easy pick and is running unopposed.
I don't know what to think about the Todd Birkner nomination. I think they want Jim out of there so they had to have someone run against him.
Now for the interesting choice Dave and Eli. I am disappointed that Dave decided to run against Eli. I am disappointed that Dave has sided himself with Tom. Dave could have ran and won the treasurer easily. Why run against Eli? What has he done that is so bad?
My respect for Dave is now gone.
Questions

Waterloo, IL

#9 Mar 22, 2012
Why aren't you asking these questions, to the people you are talking about, straight to their faces instead of on topix? Probably an equipment issue again .... NO BALLS! Ha!!
baseballcoach wrote:
To start off, I have never had a problem with Dave. He has been with the RBAA seems like forever. I think he has had nothing but the best interest of the RBAA in mind. However Tom on the other hand is the biggest self serving piece of you know what out there. He has had tournaments out at the ball diamonds for his select team and does nothing to help get it ready. I have seen him sit out there drinking all night on Friday then when it comes time to get the fields ready for his tournament he leaves and goes home. Then he has vendors come in that take money away from the concession stand (the same vendors that he said are not allowed to come out for other tournaments). He charges these vendors to come out and I guess keeps that money at least I doubt he gives any the the RBAA. He is more worried about his select team than he is about the RBAA. When Eli was nominated for President I thought this is going to be a good thing. He is out there all the time working on the fields. He even spent the night last year during Fireman's weekend getting water off the field so teams could finish the tourney. This is tourney that RBAA gets all the profit. Eli got nothing for staying out there all night. He stayed out there because he takes pride it putting on a good tournament. He is the reason that most of the big name teams come all the way to Red Bud to play. Like I was saying it was going to be great Eli was running against do nothing Tom. Now there is a new twist that really has me wondering what to do.
Tom knew he would lose to Eli, but still is power hungry so is going after the only one he thinks he can beat (the secretary). The one he yells at and makes cry during meetings when he doesn't get his way.
Steve is an easy pick and is running unopposed.
I don't know what to think about the Todd Birkner nomination. I think they want Jim out of there so they had to have someone run against him.
Now for the interesting choice Dave and Eli. I am disappointed that Dave decided to run against Eli. I am disappointed that Dave has sided himself with Tom. Dave could have ran and won the treasurer easily. Why run against Eli? What has he done that is so bad?
My respect for Dave is now gone.
Baseballcoach

United States

#10 Mar 22, 2012
They just got nominated a day and a half ago. Didn't really think about it till after the meeting. Haven't had a chance to see him yet. I'm sure it will come up.
I really only have questions for one person not people. I was just stating facts about the others.
RBAA parent

Red Bud, IL

#11 Mar 22, 2012
Dave has been the Treasurer for like 100 years and now he wants to be president??

Why is/was the idea of Eli being President so bad??

Eli is young, has a daughter that will play ball soon, spends time working on the park already, has fresh new ideas, wants to see and create a plan for future growth of the RBAA.
question

United States

#12 Mar 22, 2012
who can vote?? can anyone??
Todd Birkner Red Bud

Waterloo, IL

#13 Mar 22, 2012
The reason I took nomination for the RBAA is approx 12 years ago I was Sec. of the League. Now that Jayden is playing Khoury League and that I am off the Red Bud Chamber of Commerce board I dont mind getting involved again. It also helps that I know the board members. My out look is that this org.is for the kids and the Community. Dont understand why everyone bashes Dave he was a legend back 12 years ago when I was on the board o and is still going. Thats pretty impressive. I think it is great that someone is willing to be the Treasurer for the league and if Dave wins Pres. It should take alittle burden off his back because he does a hell of alot more than just treasurer. I have nothing against Eli and Brad. They do alot for this org. and win or lose I am sure they will continue to do so. I just think it is very important for Dave to be on the RBAA board. Lets face it he knows the system. I Think we have a very good choice of people on the Ballot.
Once again I will do my best to Volunteer my services to the RBAA. As for you that know me I hope you would agree. Lets make this the best for the KIDS of the Community. What would also be nice is if people would post their names when making comments, We are all Adults.
Concerned

Waterloo, IL

#14 Mar 22, 2012
For the people that is wanting to know why Dave didn't stay with the treas job is because the last 3 months no one has nominated him. He got bashed the meeting before when it was brought up about being trea for out at the diamonds. Why do you think no one nominated him?
Fly on the wall

Red Bud, IL

#15 Mar 23, 2012
When someone is nominated for a position shouldn’t it and doesn’t it have to receive a
“second the nomination” before the nominated party is allowed to accept/decline the nomination??

Did anyone notice the same guy that nominated Tom for president at the March meeting which he turned down “At this time I can not accept the nomination” also nominated him for secretary at the last meeting. Well it seems we know who Tom’s puppet is

Dave has put a lot of time into RBAA and every bit of it is appreciated but one thing I am tired of hearing is Dave needs to be involved because he always has been. Dave is stuck in the “that’s the way we have always done it” days.

I really believe it is time for some new fresh people in charge of the organization.
Really

Red Bud, IL

#16 Mar 23, 2012
Concerned wrote:
For the people that is wanting to know why Dave didn't stay with the treas job is because the last 3 months no one has nominated him. He got bashed the meeting before when it was brought up about being trea for out at the diamonds. Why do you think no one nominated him?
He wasn’t being bashed, it was questioned why he needed control of concession stand check book.

The board took over temporary control of concession stand check book because the manager position was vacant at the time. He volunteered to have control of the concession stand check book that in the past the concessions stand manager used/had.

What was questioned was how is a concession stand manager supposed to do their job with out the concession stand check book to pay for supplies when deliveries are made??

It was agreed upon at the meeting by the membership that the concession stand manager should continue to control the concession stand check book.

Well after this was decided it became an issue of who was listed to have access to this account at the bank. It was decided to be the President, Treasurer, Concession Manager, Accountant should all be able to access the account at the bank.

My question is who is all listed on the other accounts that RBAA has at the banks that the treasurers position has control of????
Ode to Eli

Waterloo, IL

#17 Mar 23, 2012
question wrote:
who can vote?? can anyone??
My favorite so far has to be "Ode to Eli" from baseball coach.
I think someone has a mancrush. He went on and on about his groundskeeper skills, and
how Eli sleeps at the diamonds. "Teams come from everywhere just to play on Eli fields" and my personal favorite "what has Eli done so wrong" sealed it.
What baseball coach should do is, print his comments, put it in a nice card, and give it to Eli, and just maybe
Eli would meet you at 2nd base one summer night.
yup

United States

#18 Mar 23, 2012
Anyone accusing dave gregson of any shadiness is not near enough or paying close enough attention to this whole situation. The people doing all the complaining and throwing around insinuations so casually either don't have a clue and just like to gripe or need to step up and donate years of THEIR busy lives for no compensation. You'll never meet a more honest and principled individual. When you whine about good people doing good work you deserve what you get when they give up on you for it. Hasenstab is the only person in the election that shouldn't be there and won't live up to decent, INFORMED, participants expectations. You have a list of mostly excellent people to choose from. God help you a**holes if you chase them off with your pettiness and bickering. There are people in other towns and leagues who steal, play favorites, make awful decisions, and ignore everyone else involved. You should have to deal with that for 4 or 5 years, you would disband and give up in the ugliness. Perfection doesn't exist, and when you have parents who so obviously pay just enough attention to find something to bitch about, 100% satisfaction can't exist.
yup

United States

#19 Mar 23, 2012
Not to mention all the tension this creates for the kids who are supposed to enjoy all of this and WHO its FOR.
Really

Red Bud, IL

#20 Mar 23, 2012
yup wrote:
Not to mention all the tension this creates for the kids
HA HA HA that is funny....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
water street 10 hr sarah 11
Rocher Pub (Aug '16) Thu Bigone 6
Molly kempfer Feb 21 Mpr618 2
Wolfs tavern (Nov '12) Feb 20 Barry 25
Looking for old friend Feb 20 Gerry wolf dearman 1
Wanting to buy MOUND CITY BEER Brewery items fr... (Apr '10) Feb 19 BUYER 31
kkhhmmm Feb 18 What 1

Red Bud Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance