First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Waterloo, IL

#22 May 13, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text> In your editorial you tell people pot is where heroin addicts start, that's wrong. Tobacco is most addicts first nasty habit, it grabs and holds just as tight as heroin. Pot doesn't. You're in the same denial as every other unthinking person in america. I'm betting your kid smoked cigarettes at 14 or even earlier. There was the first warning. There was the first opportunity to teach about and stop the cycle of addiction. Refusing to acknowledge this is killing way more young people than 5000 years of pot smoking.
I just think your a plain old ass that thinks you know everything. No matter what someone writes you make it look like you know everything. I think you should run for president. Who cares what anyone thinks you goning to be right anyway. Shut your ass.
yup

United States

#23 May 14, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I just think your a plain old ass that thinks you know everything. No matter what someone writes you make it look like you know everything. I think you should run for president. Who cares what anyone thinks you goning to be right anyway. Shut your ass.
I know I know more than the typical person who's never done anything but smoke tobacco and drink booze and thinks those aren't "drugs". They are. My words carry more weight than some college trained counselor who's never tried anything they teach about, or some reformed addict who's teaching that only illegal drugs and booze count, or a state police advocate who's sole knowledge is from busting addicts and dealers and the booklet and seminar he had to sit through to get his cushy job. My point is, and you idiots can ignore it if you want, cigarettes are the first drug addiction most addicts know. That's a fact, an obvious one, any person who claims to be an educator about addiction that doesn't state that loud and clear doesn't know beans, shouldn't be claiming to and is performing a disservice. For most chemical drug addicts pot is either the 3rd step or almost skipped altogether. That's another fact, one that's hard to decipher from questionaires and interviews with people going through rehab and from outside looking in. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm trying to teach you a truth. Its pretty fucking obvious, unless of course you're an addict in denial yourself.
wow

Waterloo, IL

#24 May 15, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text> I know I know more than the typical person who's never done anything but smoke tobacco and drink booze and thinks those aren't "drugs". They are. My words carry more weight than some college trained counselor who's never tried anything they teach about, or some reformed addict who's teaching that only illegal drugs and booze count, or a state police advocate who's sole knowledge is from busting addicts and dealers and the booklet and seminar he had to sit through to get his cushy job. My point is, and you idiots can ignore it if you want, cigarettes are the first drug addiction most addicts know. That's a fact, an obvious one, any person who claims to be an educator about addiction that doesn't state that loud and clear doesn't know beans, shouldn't be claiming to and is performing a disservice. For most chemical drug addicts pot is either the 3rd step or almost skipped altogether. That's another fact, one that's hard to decipher from questionaires and interviews with people going through rehab and from outside looking in. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm trying to teach you a truth. Its pretty fucking obvious, unless of course you're an addict in denial yourself.
So sorry to disappoint you but I don't do drugs. Who cares if its cigarettes, pot, heroin, crack, meth or whatever a person here has died and you come off as a Mr. or Mrs. no it all. What you said to Chris was uncalled for and I think you owe her an apology. Maybe you need to go to lincoln park in Red Bud and look at what the kids are doing to it. It's obivous there is a problem in this town and no one wants to educate thereself on any kind of drug matter. Whether its cigarettes, pot, crack, meth, or any other thing that goes on. Why don't you try to help this town instead of telling everyone on hear because alot of people don't read this. Why don't you educate them in the school with a program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie May 23 Jackie 4
Kayla korves May 19 RB righteousness 3
Red Bud Construction Supply Busted May 19 RB righteousness 1
What's going on at Dr Walls office May 17 hmmmm 12
Wolfs tavern (Nov '12) May 16 Citizen618 26
Susan Stone question? May 14 PINKY 19
Cards and board games May 10 lalnewathens 3

Red Bud Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance