Firemans Picnic Bands
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
band man

Waterloo, IL

#1 Aug 23, 2011
i dont know who picks the bands for this,but they need to get their act together and sign some better bands for friday and on sunday,you can do away with johnny rocket just get a band that is equal to their sound,those 5 and 10 dollar band you hired this past year on friday and sunday stunk.Spend some money that you have been saving and hire some big quality bands and the people will come and you will get a return investment.Here is a list of bands to consider,joe dirt, contagious,well hungarians,sha boom,trixie delight,that 80s band(there real good).Quit with the local flavor and expand your horizons,come on give the people what they want.
really

Waterloo, IL

#2 Aug 27, 2011
very well said and i couldnt agree more. spend the money fireman and hire them good bands
1smartass1

Waterloo, IL

#3 Aug 27, 2011
keep johnny rock-itt
band man

Waterloo, IL

#4 Aug 28, 2011
1smartass1 wrote:
keep johnny rock-itt
no get rid of them they have been here to long,its time for some new bands to play here,hell you can go to any picnic and see them now
Rock

Whiting, IN

#5 Sep 6, 2011
The only people come out to party is because of johnny rock-itt. I have seen a ton of bands in my time and by far the rock-itt is the best and brings the biggest crowds ( no other band is even close)
WHAT

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 7, 2011
What about the Beatles? They seem to have a lot of fans.
Band Man

Columbia, IL

#7 Sep 17, 2011
Rock wrote:
The only people come out to party is because of johnny rock-itt. I have seen a ton of bands in my time and by far the rock-itt is the best and brings the biggest crowds ( no other band is even close)
Really then you really need to get out more and expand your horizons,they play the same songs,do the same skit,wear the same clothes,its time for them to move on.i will admit i loved them at first,but after 6 or 7 years here,its time to move on. lets have a poll here, who do you want to hear at the picnic topix readers .come on lets hear it.you can bet the fire dept reads this being there getting hammered about that truck they are buying
Jizzy

Waterloo, IL

#8 Sep 23, 2011
They need to get "420" They probably would get back together to play Fireman's Picnic - they're awesome!
Band Man

Columbia, IL

#9 Nov 11, 2011
has anyone heard who is playing next year?i hope they seen this and are looking into hiring NEW bands for next year,all 3 nights 3 new bands that has never played in red bud before.give us the people that are spending money at YOUR picnic what we want,new bands and quality bands,not bar bands that play at the V but st. louis bands.
soulsucka

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Dec 19, 2011
Band Man wrote:
has anyone heard who is playing next year?i hope they seen this and are looking into hiring NEW bands for next year,all 3 nights 3 new bands that has never played in red bud before.give us the people that are spending money at YOUR picnic what we want,new bands and quality bands,not bar bands that play at the V but st. louis bands.
Johnny Rock-itt will be performing next year so get ready for another rockitt ride.
Confused

Waterloo, IL

#11 Dec 19, 2011
Ugh. They are so played out.
dont think so

Waterloo, IL

#12 Dec 19, 2011
not sure where you get your info from but that is not true
soulsucka

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Dec 20, 2011
dont think so wrote:
not sure where you get your info from but that is not true
Dont be a hater Johnny Rock-itt will be the headliner in 2012 you can bet your bottom dollar they help the community and they put on a great show see you there,and by the way have a very merry christmas from the rock-itt.
dont think so

Waterloo, IL

#14 Dec 22, 2011
soulsucka wrote:
<quoted text>Dont be a hater Johnny Rock-itt will be the headliner in 2012 you can bet your bottom dollar they help the community and they put on a great show see you there,and by the way have a very merry christmas from the rock-itt.
i have ask many fireman and they all said they are not gonna be there next year,i will give you they WERE good for awhile but its time for some fresh faces and fresh music at the picnic,i hope whoever does the booking reads this and spends some money on good bands not bar bands
whodis

Columbia, IL

#15 Feb 2, 2012
so does anyone out there know who is playing this year.i wish the fireman would offer some poll question on who as in us would like to hear play
Huh

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 4, 2012
It is a Red Bud picnic to raise money for the fire department. The whole intent os to raise the most money they can and not entertain you to your satisfaction. The people upset probably only spend about $30 during the entire picnic and expect the best night of their life.

I have an idea. Go to the picnic, enjoy your nieghbors and friends, and shut your mouth and enjoy.

Then save $25 for gas,$150 for concert tickets,$100 for your beverages and go se a show that will make you happy.

It is a small town picnic you idiots. The budget is not large enough to have Toby Keith sign your Red Cup Theme Song live in person.
Majority

Waterloo, IL

#17 Feb 4, 2012
Huh wrote:
It is a Red Bud picnic to raise money for the fire department. The whole intent os to raise the most money they can and not entertain you to your satisfaction. The people upset probably only spend about $30 during the entire picnic and expect the best night of their life.
I have an idea. Go to the picnic, enjoy your nieghbors and friends, and shut your mouth and enjoy.
Then save $25 for gas,$150 for concert tickets,$100 for your beverages and go se a show that will make you happy.
It is a small town picnic you idiots. The budget is not large enough to have Toby Keith sign your Red Cup Theme Song live in person.
Man, you need to lighten up!
hottie

Marion, IL

#18 Feb 5, 2012
a small town picnic?- true. helps the community? not. The reason for the picnic is to raise money, rite? I personally know many of the fireman and what they charge is absolutly rediculous. THAT is NOT making the town money. not to mention that last year they played a total of 1 1/2 hours for the way to much pay. They are ALWAYS late and have egos BEYOND any other bands. I love the 80's. it was my era. but they arent that great at the musicianship and (being from the area) are NOT wanted to return by the majority of the community. They are played out big time. You like wigs and spandex? there are way to many of those in stl right now. go to ANY bar.
lighten up

Waterloo, IL

#19 Feb 5, 2012
heard they are saving for a new chief vehicle
BorntoRun

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 6, 2012
Isn't Springsteen gonna be on tour this summer? Maybe he could come through and play for an hour or two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 in jail for the murderof x-bow 7 hr A SS holes 3
Amazon firestick 10 hr Lolol 14
Fatal stabbing Sun Hah 79
You Apr 18 CBD 1
Susan Stone the fake dancer of the highways Apr 16 john boy 7
baldwin town board members (Aug '14) Apr 11 jeans lounge 3
Everybody Apr 6 Everybody 1

Red Bud Jobs

Personal Finance

Red Bud Mortgages