Red Bud Regional Hospital

Red Bud Regional Hospital

Posted in the Red Bud Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angry

Millstadt, IL

#1 Dec 20, 2009
My friend went there today to try and get help.
Now we are waiting to see if she is gonna survive a suicide attempt. Great job today guys!!!
Nope

Waterloo, IL

#2 Dec 20, 2009
Go to St. E's.........Better than complaining about it on topix.
Angry

Millstadt, IL

#3 Dec 21, 2009
I was actually misinformed anyway. her intent by slicing herself up was not to kill herself, but to distract from the pain she is having. She also refuses to wear her seat belt. Thank you for suggesting St. E's, though. I believe they do have a psych ward there.
redbud

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Dec 22, 2009
i even live in red bud and personally would prefer not to go that hospital. st e's does have a psych ward i know someone who went there and got good results from it.
Hello

Waterloo, IL

#5 Apr 28, 2010
redbud wrote:
i even live in red bud and personally would prefer not to go that hospital. st e's does have a psych ward i know someone who went there and got good results from it.
I can tell you this-I work at Red Bud Regional Hospital and the majority of physicians who see patients in the specialty clinic and who perform surgeries as well as ER physicians are from Belleville and St. Louis hospitals such as Des Peres, Mo Bap, St. Anthony's,and St. Elizabeth's. The hospital's reputation is bad mostly because it's small and it's not located in St. Louis.
Satisfied

Waterloo, IL

#6 May 2, 2010
It is wonderful to have a hospital in our community. The staff are friendly caring people.
a-non

United States

#7 May 2, 2010
Hello said the reputation is because its not in st louis, that's not true. The reputation comes from before it was taken over by a corporation and basically restarted. Before that(under catholic nun rule) it was a place where people with injuries went to get more injuries. Ask anybody old enuff to remember( not nuns or employees who were there at the time) about it. Horror stories abound. The best thing I know about it now is that they're not afraid to ship people out when they can't help properly. It takes years, a generation, to forget that sort of thing(the old reputation).
This Town

Waterloo, IL

#8 May 3, 2010
a-non wrote:
Hello said the reputation is because its not in st louis, that's not true. The reputation comes from before it was taken over by a corporation and basically restarted. Before that(under catholic nun rule) it was a place where people with injuries went to get more injuries. Ask anybody old enuff to remember( not nuns or employees who were there at the time) about it. Horror stories abound. The best thing I know about it now is that they're not afraid to ship people out when they can't help properly. It takes years, a generation, to forget that sort of thing(the old reputation).
Oh imagine that, you are bashing our hospital also. It seems to me that you hate life. Smile, the sun is shining and people in this town are so nice and caring. I love this place and everything about it including our hospitals and grocery stores.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 May 3, 2010
crab all you want about the hospital but when you break your arm I bet you go there as opposed to driving to your great St. Louis Hospital where you'd wait 5-6 hours to get a bone set and cast.
rbm

Chillicothe, IL

#10 May 3, 2010
a-non wrote:
Hello said the reputation is because its not in st louis, that's not true. The reputation comes from before it was taken over by a corporation and basically restarted. Before that(under catholic nun rule) it was a place where people with injuries went to get more injuries. Ask anybody old enuff to remember( not nuns or employees who were there at the time) about it. Horror stories abound. The best thing I know about it now is that they're not afraid to ship people out when they can't help properly. It takes years, a generation, to forget that sort of thing(the old reputation).
a-non you are ignorant. You have to know it, you must do this for amusement. All the people that bitch about our hospital run to it the first time they need it. They are a bunch of liars and cry babies and you fit right in with them, jerk.
a-non

United States

#11 May 3, 2010
You obviously either didn't read my post very well or work at the hospital(which is fine, by the way). I'm not ignorant either. I stated very clearly that the hospital has(had) a reputation from before it was taken over that won't go away until people old enuff to remember are gone. We are talking about health and life here, not saving $1 on a loaf of bread. It was known as far as st louis that it was a dangerous place to get treated for anything serious(yes, even a broken arm). As far as todays managment, I don know much about it, having no personal experience with it. But I do know that now when they can't handle something they are ready to ship patients out, something the nuns were pretty hesitant to do. You can argue all you want, I'm not making a word up. I have intimate knowledge of several horror stories from the old days. An inordinant percentage of people with bad bone settings, misread xrays, and general poor diagnosis(again, in theOLD days), and as far as being negative, that must come from my denial of the whole shop red bud thing, well I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon just because somebody says to, especially when most of the people telling me to are profiting from it. I buy what's reasonably priced here when I can, but I don't take a gouging ever, and that means I do a little travelling, and I actually enjoy it! So I'm standing by every statement I made.
This Town

Waterloo, IL

#12 May 3, 2010
a-non wrote:
You obviously either didn't read my post very well or work at the hospital(which is fine, by the way). I'm not ignorant either. I stated very clearly that the hospital has(had) a reputation from before it was taken over that won't go away until people old enuff to remember are gone. We are talking about health and life here, not saving $1 on a loaf of bread. It was known as far as st louis that it was a dangerous place to get treated for anything serious(yes, even a broken arm). As far as todays managment, I don know much about it, having no personal experience with it. But I do know that now when they can't handle something they are ready to ship patients out, something the nuns were pretty hesitant to do. You can argue all you want, I'm not making a word up. I have intimate knowledge of several horror stories from the old days. An inordinant percentage of people with bad bone settings, misread xrays, and general poor diagnosis(again, in theOLD days), and as far as being negative, that must come from my denial of the whole shop red bud thing, well I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon just because somebody says to, especially when most of the people telling me to are profiting from it. I buy what's reasonably priced here when I can, but I don't take a gouging ever, and that means I do a little travelling, and I actually enjoy it! So I'm standing by every statement I made.
I think you should at least give the local business a chance to earn your business. You will be surprised at what you find. I shopped Lowes and compared to another local business just to find out that they were darn near the same. This was when Lowes advertised cheap installation of the product.
a-non

United States

#13 May 3, 2010
I do do(haha I said do do) what I can here, almost all my auto parts come from here(but I pay close attention and compare, once in awhile somethings way out there), still get meat at millers(even though I agree with a lot of people that its not quite the same as it used to be), and thoroughly believe in keils drug store. Not to mention beer at schleifers, my banking(though not at state bank anymore), automotive services, and alco(doesn't really count does it?). But(here I go again!), when grocery day comes around it hit the road jack, because I can save waaaayyyy too much with a 15 minute drive, even to schenks. And unlike some of the hateful posts in these forums, its not out of some personal thing with tj(except for his prices). I can't afford to give him an extra $25 for every $100 I spend. And its not just me saying that, its at least half of everyone I talk to. Ask 10 other people, friends of yours. He has some strong points, I've given him those elsewhere, but I can't pay him on that basis
jolly 2010

Waterloo, IL

#14 May 6, 2010
a-non wrote:
Hello said the reputation is because its not in st louis, that's not true. The reputation comes from before it was taken over by a corporation and basically restarted. Before that(under catholic nun rule) it was a place where people with injuries went to get more injuries. Ask anybody old enuff to remember( not nuns or employees who were there at the time) about it. Horror stories abound. The best thing I know about it now is that they're not afraid to ship people out when they can't help properly. It takes years, a generation, to forget that sort of thing(the old reputation).
Of course they have to transfer a lot of patients out-Red Bud Regional is not a trauma hospital nor does it have a cardiac cath lab for emergency heart catheterizations. I worked at a large hospital in St. Louis for several years, and believe me-there are horror stories from there too. In fact, there are horror stories at any hospital. It is common sense not to go to Red Bud hospital with major medical issues if there is not a specialist in that field to manage the problem. Please share with me your horror stories that are so different from any other hospital's horror stories.
a-non

United States

#15 May 6, 2010
I know transfer is common, I wasn't knocking that, or really knocking the hospital as it stands now, mostly commenting on the fact that in the old days they didn't want to transfer, they did their best to keep people there, and frowned when people wanted a transfer. And I'm not going to comment too much on my personal history. But I can tell you as well as anybody who's been here long enuff that there was an inordinant percentage of horror stories. I'm not some idiot who believes there's no such thing as human error. Don't ask me to recount a bunch of details to somebody that wasn't here 15yrs ago before it changed. Ask your older friends around town. Your sticking your neck out to defend the medical world, not necessary. But I can tell you this, our countrys dropping the ball in the health care department. We shouldn't be, what, 33rd in the world for overall quality. That's a disgrace. My personal belief is that its too much about the money(in too many instances, not all, I know there are still people who care) and not enuff about the patient. And when I hear "health care reform", I don't think of forced insurance. Insurance rates are gonna skyrocket in the next four years. I don't necassarily have the answer either, but that ain't it.
redbudian

Columbia, IL

#16 May 12, 2010
Red Bud Regional is a load of crap. All they care about there is their paycheck and charging whatever they can for stuff you don't need. I think it's outrageous $100 to walk in the door with a problem and $500 just to be told there is nothing they can do for you and a $1200 bill in the mail full of $hit!!! That place is a joke, don't waist your time. How about Dr. Walls lol even bigger joke. You go in with chest pains and a sore throat, he looks in your ears and writes you out 25 perscriptions. Gotta love it!
JBM

Waterloo, IL

#17 Aug 25, 2011
Several years ago I cut my head open and was urged to go to Red Bud Hospital. I didn't want to go because I have patched myself up before and KNEW it was unnecessary yet the amount of blood overruled my decision and went t against my own advice. I told the hospital, immediately, I did not have insurance. In short, they scanned my head and the end result was 8 stitches and a bill of over $7000! I didn't have the money but the hospital found out I had a credit card. They said since the money was "available" to me I had to pay the bill or possibly get sued!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#18 Aug 25, 2011
Red bud doesn't have an mri, you should've let them sue. Any arbitrator would've exposed their scam, there's no single test red bud does that's billed even half that, I'm pretty sure.
Never-again

Pinckneyville, IL

#19 Jun 1, 2012
RB hosp charged my ins.co.30,000.00 for a stress test come on.All they could tell me was you need to shop around.So I guess when I get sick I need to go shopping wtf.My DR told me RB hosp charges 3xs more then any other Hosp around.If I have a choice it sure won't be RB.
notmy1stchoice

United States

#20 Jun 1, 2012
i dont like one ER dr in particular there. Seems that he works the night shifts at least the past 3 visits he was there and i just dont care for the man. I think hes a complete jackass with little to no real ppl skills or manners for that matter.

That being said...i dont think this reflects the actual overall opinion I have of the hospital itself. YEs, i think it was a better place when it was St Clement's and it went down hill when it became a "franchise" type of place so to speak. YEs they do charge you and your insurance more then say st elizabeth's or memorial, but if you are in a bind, a lot of pain, or extreme illness you dont want to take that chance and drive those extra miles, you want care and you want it know.

Every hospital has its bad eggs as well. After being admitted to the hospital 3 times in the past 2 years and each at a different hospital i can vouch for this. Like the ER doctor at RBregional, some of the staff in the OB of St Es, and some other characters in Cardinal Glennon CHildrens hospital.

Reb Bud's hospital does have its drawbacks thats a fact but at least lets be greatful that we have one close to home so when we really need it it is there for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolfs tavern (Nov '12) May 3 Yep yep 17
Red Bud Atheletic Association - President (Feb '12) May 2 Hes-a-con 54
susan stone strikes again May 1 Disgusted with Stone 2
Terry Sanford Real peice of worthless!!! (Oct '14) Apr 29 Law dog 8
trade pics of ex gfs? (Jul '15) Apr 24 Glamoure500 7
Im looking for Terra, Tara, Tera? (Nov '12) Apr '16 Miller89 13
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Apr '16 TheGraduate 68
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Bud Mortgages