Trinity Lutheran Church

Trinity Lutheran Church

Posted in the Red Bud Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
joker

Belleville, IL

#1 Apr 29, 2011
What's up with the school at this church?! Is there a lack of leadership or something? It's been a while since our kid started here, and it seems like it's been getting worse and worse. Some teachers are constantly "out sick" and reading levels go way up one year, then hardly make any progress the next year. Not to mention the mass exodus of kids going to the public school. Is there something I'm not being told?
xoxo

United States

#2 Apr 29, 2011
joker wrote:
What's up with the school at this church?! Is there a lack of leadership or something? It's been a while since our kid started here, and it seems like it's been getting worse and worse. Some teachers are constantly "out sick" and reading levels go way up one year, then hardly make any progress the next year. Not to mention the mass exodus of kids going to the public school. Is there something I'm not being told?
I've heard there are a lot of issues out in Prairietown not only with the school but with church membership slipping. However I do know from a family member who goes out there that the church leaders are trying to work on making things better. Don't like how things are going join the mass exodus of people and leave. I'm sure you won't be missed.
Prairie

Columbia, IL

#3 Apr 29, 2011
They are concerned about membership slipping and want to make this better for church members, but you don't feel they will miss the people that are leaving? If there is a problem, it should be addressed, but if the problem is actually that they do not care to have members in the first place, I don't know that you can fix that.
Hummm

United States

#4 Apr 29, 2011
Not to long ago I heard there was talk about Red Bud Luth and Prairie merging. But I think that Prairie had burned a lot of bridges with Red Bud Luth. Had something to do with sports.
Man of the cloth

Columbia, IL

#5 Apr 30, 2011
I hate to point the finger at the man of the cloth, but the Pastor out there has issues that needs to be addressed and dealt with instead of continuing to brush them under the rug. It's 2011 ..... people do live together before they are married, people do have children out of wedlock and the denial of communion will lead people to other welcoming churches.
sinner too

Columbia, IL

#6 Apr 30, 2011
The man of the cloth out there needs to remember he too is a sinner , past drug addict and divorcee. Who is he to decide who is good enough to take communion? There have been a lot of dedicated and hard working members who have left because of his judgemental attitude and arrogant attitude.
Derp

Chillicothe, IL

#7 May 1, 2011
Just goes to show what nonsensical lunacy religion is on the whole. Just people trying to control other people's lives. OP is seeing the light with regard to parochial schools' alleged "superiority" over public.

Just a waste of money and young minds.
Man of the cloth

Waterloo, IL

#8 May 1, 2011
sinner too wrote:
The man of the cloth out there needs to remember he too is a sinner , past drug addict and divorcee. Who is he to decide who is good enough to take communion? There have been a lot of dedicated and hard working members who have left because of his judgemental attitude and arrogant attitude.
Amen to that!
just asking

Waterloo, IL

#9 May 2, 2011
Derp wrote:
Just goes to show what nonsensical lunacy religion is on the whole. Just people trying to control other people's lives. OP is seeing the light with regard to parochial schools' alleged "superiority" over public.
Just a waste of money and young minds.
There are a lot of other religions out there that are not controlling people's lives. Please don't cut down people for wanting to have religion in their lives.
Parochial schools may think they are "superior". That's their choice. If they are true Christians, they know we are all God's people no matter what religion, race or what school they attend etc.
joker

O Fallon, IL

#10 May 2, 2011
Thanks to all the replies, I really appreciate it! The pastor is a former drug addict & divorcee?? I'm all for forgiveness, but it sounds to me like he's in no place to judge -- and especially restrict communion! I haven't seen this myself, so I'll just have to take your word for it. Should he have that much pull in the school though -- isn't that what we have a principal for? I guess I just haven't been here long enough.

Derp.. it's off-topic, but anywho.... Religion isn't nonsensical. Instead of asking "Is there a God" you should ask "What if there is a God". From your point of view, if there isn't one, oh well, I'm dead and it doesn't matter. But if there is one, you'll have eternity to think about it... and that's a long time to regret your thoughts/actions in this short lifetime. I think your misconceptions of Christianity are not well-founded and corrupted. Also, I don't view any parochial school as "superior". I think they do a good job of teaching Christianity in a world where that needs it - and that's what I want for my kids.
Porkchopjohnny

Red Bud, IL

#11 May 2, 2011
He was never divorced.
crazy

Marion, IL

#12 May 2, 2011
Yes he is divorced, I have dealt with this pastor, has no right judging other people, is a hypocrite

Since: Mar 11

Columbia, IL

#13 May 2, 2011
Derp wrote:
Just goes to show what nonsensical lunacy religion is on the whole. Just people trying to control other people's lives. OP is seeing the light with regard to parochial schools' alleged "superiority" over public.
Just a waste of money and young minds.
You once again step in the proverbial shit with me. It's not superiority it's that they offer more "college" entry classes. It is a known fact that, which I learned from a college counselor, that Red Bud Public H. S. math students are mostly below the college level for algebra when they graduate here. I am a proud graduate of a parochial high school but I didn't go there because my parents were rich it was because I was troubled teen. It saved my life and definitely made me who I am today and shaped my political views of the world.

Since: Mar 11

Columbia, IL

#14 May 2, 2011
crazy wrote:
Yes he is divorced, I have dealt with this pastor, has no right judging other people, is a hypocrite
To me all preachers of every religion are hypocrites because it is there job to show you that you are a bad person and need to put God before self, which as humans is against our nature but they don't look in the mirror themselves.
iduk

United States

#15 May 2, 2011
People don't want to hear angry rants about premarital sin at their wedding. Or be barked at by a drill sargeant.
whoa

United States

#16 May 3, 2011
If you did take the time to talk to him you soukd KNOW he isnt a hypocrite. I lived with my sons father and got pregnant before we were to get married. He left me and i was upset. So i called pastor macdougal and he assured me that although i made a mistake, we all do it. We all sin and as long as i repent and am truly sorry for my sins im forgiven. I went to that school and actually liked it a lot. I love the pastor. I think he is a wonderful man. Hes standing up for what God said. Just because it is 2011 doesnt mean that Gods word evolves. Its still a sin to have sex before being married. Not to live together but the reason thats frowned upon is because if your living together, sleeping in the same bed, your more than likely goin to end up having sex.
joker

O Fallon, IL

#17 May 3, 2011
I don't think ALL preachers of every religion are hypocrites - that's a pretty gross generalization of a large population. It's like saying all Mexicans in the U.S. are here illegally. I've had a few pastors in my time that were very humble, and have on more than one occasion said that they were no better than the congregation because nobody is perfect - except Jesus. We need more preachers like that.

iduk.. an angry rant about premarital sin at someone's wedding?? I'd be furious if that were me. Although this doesn't really answer what's going on with the school.. unless the pastor is the one holding the reins.
crazy

Marion, IL

#18 May 3, 2011
whoa wrote:
If you did take the time to talk to him you soukd KNOW he isnt a hypocrite. I lived with my sons father and got pregnant before we were to get married. He left me and i was upset. So i called pastor macdougal and he assured me that although i made a mistake, we all do it. We all sin and as long as i repent and am truly sorry for my sins im forgiven. I went to that school and actually liked it a lot. I love the pastor. I think he is a wonderful man. Hes standing up for what God said. Just because it is 2011 doesnt mean that Gods word evolves. Its still a sin to have sex before being married. Not to live together but the reason thats frowned upon is because if your living together, sleeping in the same bed, your more than likely goin to end up having sex.
I have a friend that was going thru a divorce and had to go talk to him because of being denied communion and the only reason pastor gave this person to repent is to back to the spouse and try to work things out, that congregation is based on who you are not by trying to help people. My friend did alot with the school and church and now doesn't want nothing to do with it, what a shame because of one person.
ananymous

Pinckneyville, IL

#19 May 8, 2011
joker wrote:
What's up with the school at this church?! Is there a lack of leadership or something? It's been a while since our kid started here, and it seems like it's been getting worse and worse. Some teachers are constantly "out sick" and reading levels go way up one year, then hardly make any progress the next year. Not to mention the mass exodus of kids going to the public school. Is there something I'm not being told?
Not sure about the 'teacher's constantly out sick' bit... Whoever you're thinking about is still under the 10 days that are alotted. Teachers have children who get sick and they get sick themselves. Only if you were living in a cave would you not have realized how sick everyone was this year. As for reading levels, how do you have this knowledge and where are you getting the idea that they are not improving? I don't know where you see no progress.
confused

Belleville, IL

#20 May 9, 2011
I'm assuming if joker has a child who goes to this school than her/she would have first hand knowledge of whether or not their child is improving from one year to the next. If there is a big gain with one teacher and not with another than I too would question why my child does well in one classroom and not the other. Is one teacher more dedicated? Except in kindergarten these students have their teachers for multiple years so I think it's a valid concern. Two years of little progress would be detrimental.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dance of life has bugs Jun 16 Tutu balls 1
Red Bud water Jun 15 Newresident 6
Any body know about the publicity of baldwin sk... (Jul '09) Jun 15 The town board me... 2
Kayla korves Jun 15 Someone who knows 5
Barb Coley Jun 15 Barb Coley 5
TOP 3 QUARTERBACKS red bud has ever put on the ... (Sep '12) Jun 13 Alumni 27
High School Sports, DUI's & alcohol (Aug '14) Jun 12 luther 43

Red Bud Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Bud Mortgages