RBS Alum

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#1 May 23, 2010
Anybody heard that this is Larry White's last year? I heard that he is retiring and that his replacement is already there.
The Dude

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#2 May 24, 2010
I hope so. But he's been "Retiring" for years now so.. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
fat rabbit

Gainesboro, TN

#3 May 27, 2010
he should retire he's had the talent to win state many times and always comes up short, always complaining and even going to smith co and recruiting their players (sleeper) to rbs then cries when leonard moves to JC and it paid off cause she's going to MTSU
sorry charlie

Lafayette, TN

#4 May 28, 2010
Say what you want about this man it does'nt matter to any one who got any common horse sense.The reason being,he is a winner,he has an outstanding record at R.B.S.and this is coming from someone who don't care alot for him, but the fact of the matter is NOBODY CAN TAKE THAT AWAY From HIM NO MATTER WHAT YOU TYPE ON HERE! always give credit were credit is due reguardless of like or dis-like
fat rabbit

Gainesboro, TN

#5 May 28, 2010
Yea but who has he got 25 wins a year against, all the academys nobody ever heard of and use to play hermitage springs 4 or 5 times a year and every so called christian school who started a program. He traveled all over TN. and KY. finding weak programs to play. RBS never played local teams that were any good except when they were in their district. How many times did he play C'range, JC or LA or Upperman, none except when he had too and all of them play each other most every year. He even dropped Macon co. in the same county.How many district championships does he have with all those years of winning 25-30 games and even less regions and not one gold ball.
Ace

Lafayette, TN

#6 May 28, 2010
fat rabbit wrote:
he should retire he's had the talent to win state many times and always comes up short, always complaining and even going to smith co and recruiting their players (sleeper) to rbs then cries when leonard moves to JC and it paid off cause she's going to MTSU
And you want to talk about recruiting,how funny.
JOEJOE

Lafayette, TN

#7 May 28, 2010
HA HA
granny

Gainesboro, TN

#8 May 29, 2010
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>And you want to talk about recruiting,how funny.
yea we talk about it because it is funny how losers whine about it when they also get TRANSFERS the same way like sleeper and cry when they lose one, but one thing is for sure we all play by the same rules and NOBODY has been caught recruiting yet and believe me its been checked out many, many times so play the game and strive to get better by playing quality opponets be proud when you win and a good sport when you lose.
JOEJOE

Lafayette, TN

#9 May 30, 2010
MR.WHITE is a winner.
wartrace resident

Gainesboro, TN

#10 Jun 3, 2010
JOEJOE wrote:
MR.WHITE is a winner.
did you mean whinner
RBS Alum

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#11 Jun 3, 2010
I was just asking a question, hoping to get a factual answer. Not really interested in all the opinions. But Larry did say in the newspaper that even if he does retire from teaching he will still coach. Why are all these Jackson Co people chiming in on something that is really not their concern???????? You have an excellent ball coach down there so why does this worry you? Furthermore you can type Gainesboro, TN in the search box above and it will allow you to see the Gainesboro forum. Post in there and take care of Jackson CO problems.
RBS Alum

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#12 Jun 3, 2010
fat rabbit wrote:
So are you saying Laken is so short on talent that she would have never gotten recognition at RBS? Sounds like you have no confidence in her as a player or the fine young lady that I know her to be. I have known her all of her life and I am very happy for her and the success she has EARNED. I do not appreciate someone trying to belittle her accomplishments by saying that it was not her hard work but only the fact that she played for Jackson Co.
wartrace resident

Gainesboro, TN

#13 Jun 4, 2010
RBS Alum wrote:
I was just asking a question, hoping to get a factual answer. Not really interested in all the opinions. But Larry did say in the newspaper that even if he does retire from teaching he will still coach. Why are all these Jackson Co people chiming in on something that is really not their concern???????? You have an excellent ball coach down there so why does this worry you? Furthermore you can type Gainesboro, TN in the search box above and it will allow you to see the Gainesboro forum. Post in there and take care of Jackson CO problems.
first of all I live in macon co near willette and highland but lived in JC years ago don't know why gainesboro came up maybe because I have twin lakes internet, but we all can post anywhere we won't to
fat rabbit

Gainesboro, TN

#14 Jun 4, 2010
YOUR correct she has plenty of talent, like several others have had at RBS in the past years but stuck on a team that plays nobody in reg season and goes nowhere in post season most years and having to cater to players with less talent where the coach wants them to be the star and not showing her talent she may have ended up not getting a major college schlorship. How many others at RBS in the last 20 years have gotten one.
RBS Alum

Red Boiling Springs, TN

#15 Jun 4, 2010
Well if we can post wherever we want then maybe the RBS forum is the place to post about the grown man from Jackson CO that is very involved in Jackson Co football and he goes to Monterey to meet his boyfriend at the hotel over by I 40
fat rabbit

Gainesboro, TN

#16 Jun 6, 2010
I have heard nothing about that but seems you know all about it so enlighten us if your not involved, since you would print such an allegation surely you won't just stand by and let kids be subject to this. Allegations like this don't make Larry any worse or any better.
No name

Nashville, TN

#17 Jun 24, 2010
Since when as he had the talent to win State many times? He's had what 7 maybe 8 teams to win 20+ games in the last 30 year, and just because he's had a team to win 20+ games doesn't mean he had the "talent" to win a state championship. 1987-88, 1988-89, 2005-06, and 2006-07 is the only years he has had a legit team to actually make a run at the State Championship. His win-loss record probably isn't that great because he hasn't had the teams to come through RBS like they have in Jackson County or Clarkrange, but he's always done real well with the hand that he was dealt. I believe he took a team with roughly a .500 record to the sub-state. He took a team with 1 senior and took them to the state tournament and last year with 1 senior took them to sub-state and brouth them with in 4 points of beating the eventual state champions in the region championship. I never said he was a great coach, but he's done well with the hands that has been dealt to him over the years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Boiling Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Miranda Spivey?? 7 hr something wrong 10
SONIC Drive-In 21 hr WALT 1
When you love someone Wed agree 4
Samantha child Wed Cool 3
Mrs.Macon County who won? (Aug '14) Jul 29 Outta Bubblegum 7
cheray patterson Jul 28 funny 52
John C and the Donoho hotel (Dec '13) Jul 28 Fyi 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Boiling Springs Mortgages