HaHa

United States

#62 Dec 2, 2012
Why is some people trying to make this protest about race?
Race has nothing to do with it!
just me

Livingston, TN

#63 Dec 2, 2012
Get some rest wrote:
I understand you people are making a stand but your gonna end up getting sick..you need to focus on getting another job. Everyone in Macon Co is now talking about this and an employer may not hire you because of this...think about it...
You people are starting to make RBS look bad...full of hate...it wouldn't look so bad if these people ( new owners were white)
I noticed even Mr Brown was out there..he's getting older and he really don't need to get pneumonia...
who is new owner towel head
townlady

Scottsville, KY

#64 Dec 2, 2012
Get some rest wrote:
I understand you people are making a stand but your gonna end up getting sick..you need to focus on getting another job. Everyone in Macon Co is now talking about this and an employer may not hire you because of this...think about it...
You people are starting to make RBS look bad...full of hate...it wouldn't look so bad if these people ( new owners were white)
I noticed even Mr Brown was out there..he's getting older and he really don't need to get pneumonia...
I heard Monday is their last day. They still want everyone to Boycott but said that they do need to spend time job hunting. As far as them finding jobs from what I understand that is being taken care of. The town does not look like it is full of hate. The town looks like one that comes together to support each other.
HaHa

United States

#65 Dec 2, 2012
My family and I will never shop there again.
We will do business somewheres else by choice.
Nobody gets our hard earned money that don't appreciate our Honest American values.
Get some rest

United States

#66 Dec 2, 2012
I don't think it about race either:) but some people do...:( but honestly ...if it had been a white family that bought it and hired their family ...??? well? Or what if a married gay ( men) couple bought it? See my point? it does appear as race related...but again I don't think it is..??... or I don't think so...

Since: Nov 12

Scottsville, KY

#67 Dec 2, 2012
It doesn't matter about race, religion, or sexuality. If you're a non local an go in a buy a business like that, you should work with the local people. Especially in a small town like this one. The people that got fired were the reason the place was doing so well to begin with. You can't come in one day an change a working dynamic of something like that. People will not stand for it.
townlady

Scottsville, KY

#68 Dec 2, 2012
Get some rest wrote:
I don't think it about race either:) but some people do...:( but honestly ...if it had been a white family that bought it and hired their family ...??? well? Or what if a married gay ( men) couple bought it? See my point? it does appear as race related...but again I don't think it is..??... or I don't think so...
They all go down town and spend their money now. So I doubt it is about race if so they would not be going there either. They speak very highly about that owner. I think if a white couple, black couple, gay couple had done it they would still boycott. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it.
Watching and Reading

Boiling Springs, SC

#69 Dec 2, 2012
Well I filled my truck up while ago at Marathon and watched 7 different customers enter while I was there'
While looking down the road Quik& Easy with no customers and none showing up while I was busy putting my gas in.
I think the good people of RBS are speaking loudly with thier pocketbooks.
supportthegirls

La Vergne, TN

#70 Dec 2, 2012
worked there wrote:
Spud is embarassed by what the former employees are doing. I talked to him Thanksgiving night and all he could do was shake his head. The same guy bougth his store in Carthage and they didn't have any problems. Most of the employees still work there. I have been in the RBS store and who ever was running it didn't do their job. There were things on the shelves a year out of date. And they were selling it to their customers that they cared about. If the manager was so concerned about people being let go because of not enough hours why didn't she offer to give them some of hers?
He throw the flag in the garbage can and call it trash? Word has already been sent to Carthage too. Won't be long before they loose business too.
supportthegirls

La Vergne, TN

#71 Dec 2, 2012
Get some rest wrote:
State of Tennessee doesn't recognize gay marriage so that would not be happening here. And if it were about race why are so many people now frequenting the one down town? It is because he is a good businessman and a community minded one unlike this one uptown. He won't last long. Look at the business at Marathon. Compare to the lack of business at Q & E. And those flags aren't fooling anyone in this town
supportthegirls

La Vergne, TN

#72 Dec 2, 2012
xydyxhdjsjxysnzhsh wrote:
what I don't get is one of the signs say so many fired I quit?! really? why are you protesting? Are you on a bandwagon?? I think you could be looking for jobs not standing in the cold getting sick now my hard earned money will have to pay for yall to go to the doctor. Go look for a job! Do you really want your job back so bad and if they hire you back get treated like crap then protest again?? Come on get over yourselves already!
You have no one on here fooled. We know you are the new owner or manager. Your business will be ruined one day at a time. Your business already has taken a pretty strong hit. You have no vehicles at your location much at all anymore and everyone has noticed it. City and County owned vehicles are getting their fuel elsewhere now. How long before your stock starts to expire due to not moving any of it? Not long. Just like your business won't last long. You have pissed off 90% of the town off. You won't stay in business like that no matter what you are smoking to make you believe otherwise.
truth is

Lafayette, TN

#73 Dec 2, 2012
HaHa wrote:
Well I drive by there many times a day at different times and I don't see Quik & Easy with any business!
Used to always have to wait in line to pay for gas and cigs.
They just don't and won't ever gain the support of the community .
They will never garner my business no matter who he hires to manage the store now.
thats a bunch of bull crap from a bunch of cry babys lol get yall a job cause the store isnt going no weres lol these perverted old men like mr ed and mr brown cant sit in there no longer and make google eyes at women any more and mr brown cant dip his hands in spuds cookie jar any more to furnish his lil town whore her needs no more so get a life get over it and get off yall butts and get a job lol
truth is

Lafayette, TN

#74 Dec 2, 2012
supportthegirls wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no one on here fooled. We know you are the new owner or manager. Your business will be ruined one day at a time. Your business already has taken a pretty strong hit. You have no vehicles at your location much at all anymore and everyone has noticed it. City and County owned vehicles are getting their fuel elsewhere now. How long before your stock starts to expire due to not moving any of it? Not long. Just like your business won't last long. You have pissed off 90% of the town off. You won't stay in business like that no matter what you are smoking to make you believe otherwise.
you just dont know crap city vehicles we're filled up there last night thank you very much yall not runing no body any were yall are full of crap
truth is

Lafayette, TN

#75 Dec 2, 2012
HaHa wrote:
Why is some people trying to make this protest about race?
Race has nothing to do with it!
well then its about a bunch of cry babys that didnt get their way
HaHa

United States

#76 Dec 2, 2012
I have a job and you're just a idiot!!!
That store presently doesn't have enough business to cover expenses of operation.
We are a free country and can choose to spend our money wherever we want.
It's just hilarious to see what this business owner done in the eyes of our small community.
It's his business to manage as he likes, just as its my money to spend where I want for whatever reason I want.
townlady

Scottsville, KY

#77 Dec 2, 2012
truth is wrote:
<quoted text>well then its about a bunch of cry babys that didnt get their way
One city vehicle and he was soo mad when he left he slammed his door apparently someone doesn't know what they are doing haha
Was There

Scottsville, KY

#78 Dec 2, 2012
worked there wrote:
I know for a fact that stuffed was pulled from the shelves this week that were out of date by a year. And they have so much tobacco and dip that it has gone out of date before it can be sold. I work for Hackney that is who they order from and we have had to give the new owner credit for all the stuff that was pulled and that they are still pulling that is out of date. It seems to me that the new manager wasn't doing her job either. And as far as Spud and Maryann are concerned you don't know what they think because you probably only know them by sight and listen to what those people have told you. I on the other hand live down the street from them and talk to them quite regularly.
Here is a thought first off if you work for Hackney , you would know hackney is suppose to make sure their products are not out of date ! As far as Tobacco products , there were not enough left in the store to be out of date , if they got so much credit from this stuff why did hackney only deliver 2 boxes ! So why dont you worry about what goes on in Carthage and let us Rbs people take care of our own business , or at least know what u r talking about before you open your mouth!
supporter

Scottsville, KY

#79 Dec 3, 2012
First of all to the ones bad mouthing , I know a couple of those girls have worked enough and earned the right to draw unemployment , also by them working they have paid enough taxes , so what if they go get Tenncare ! Second of all I am proud of the people that are supporting the ladies on their quest ! I think the haters is just hating cause these 4 ladies have more backbone than the owner of Q&E does ! Each one of them have been looking for jobs , I was talking to a friend today who told me one just got a job today and starts tomorrow ! A big pat on the back to her !
Breaking News

Lafayette, TN

#80 Dec 3, 2012
Talk is that the brother in law of the RBS Quick n Easy has purchased the Hearthstone Inn in Lafayette!

Since: Nov 12

Scottsville, KY

#81 Dec 3, 2012
Breaking News wrote:
Talk is that the brother in law of the RBS Quick n Easy has purchased the Hearthstone Inn in Lafayette!
Well if that is true, I hope he learned from the mistakes made in RBS. An if not I would hope those employees would stand up for themselves. The way the former employees of Quik-n-Easy did. An they would have our support just the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Boiling Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for single lady's 2 hr rbm 4
Forum deleted she is embarassed 2 hr rbm 5
Lost dog 11/28/14 Brimstone Creek Road 7 hr Browns 6
Sheriff dept shuts down 11 hr Getout 12
alana gentry 23 hr Tennessee 3
Fire Mark Gammons!!! Sat qaw 655
macon co jail (Oct '11) Fri Nca 113
More from around the web

Red Boiling Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE