Beatseekers Dance school back, some s...

Beatseekers Dance school back, some still fuming

There are 35 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Jan 10, 2011, titled Beatseekers Dance school back, some still fuming. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Dancing is more than a passion it's a way of life for some Red Bluff teens who twirled, jumped and sashayed through a day of free dance classes offered at Beatseekers Dance Center's grand opening Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ripped off parent

Newark, NJ

#1 Jan 10, 2011
Enough free advertisment for the "dead beats" not beat seekers. The Dewsnups ripped off dozens of parents large sums of money without even an apology. People prepaid upwards of 6 months of tuition. Costumes were paid for and never delivered. They misappropriated funds or the costumes would have been paid for and delivered to people. What did they use the funds for? They are poor business people and will eventually do the same to people who mistakeningly go to their studio. In addition, how can you call a large room a dance studio without mirrors and a proper dance floor. I would be embarrashed to show my face again after what they did prior.
Ripped off parent

Newark, NJ

#2 Jan 10, 2011
The real issue is that there are three other Dance Studios in Red Bluff already. The arts are alive in Red Bluff oppossed to what Trent Dewsnup misquotes. The other studios deliver high quality instruction and have venues more appropriate to dance instruction. I would be wary before jumping ship to associate with people who have a track record of poor business management. They are starting a business hoping to afford a dance floor and mirrors according to the original article publshed in the Daily News. I will think long and hard before entering my children into their studio. Closing their studio with three days notice and keeping prepaid funds worry me about their future.
unkown

Brownsville, CA

#5 Jan 10, 2011
Sounds like he should pay back first and give free lessons. But I think its to late. You never open and not be ready, also thats is a sign not to go there. Its like opening a store and not haveing noting to buy. I would not bring my kids there with all those signs. Big big joke.
Past catches up

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2011
Sorry about the double post, maybe it`s some sort of sign of " I don`t want to be a failure to communicate".
But Really

Anderson, CA

#8 Jan 10, 2011
I sure would not give them a dime upfront for anything. They should pay everyone back. Takes a lot of nerve to start back up here.
AnotherMom

Stonyford, CA

#10 Jan 10, 2011
I am so glad to hear other people talk about how they got ripped off! I was so afraid that this would continue and no one would say anything. I wasn't one of the parents that was involved, but I have a lot of friends that were robbed.

The arts are alive in Red Bluff! I'm glad to see someone else mention the fact that there are already 3 dance studios in town! All of them seem to have skilled, competent teachers. I don't know what Mrs. Dewsnup's resume is, but it's my understanding that she's never trained outside of Red Bluff.

And lastly, does a town the size of Red Bluff need 4 studios? Doesn't seem like a good business move to me.
red rover

United States

#11 Jan 10, 2011
face it you two, you blew your chance to be productive and honest. try your scam somewhere else.
Residentevil

Stonyford, CA

#13 Jan 11, 2011
Does this man know that Lou Ferrigno was MJs trainer? I see he didn't list the name so I guess not...I did Google this guy and found an "interesting" clip showing his dancing "prowess." After viewing this mess it cracks me up that he expects people to pay him to teach. Go watch for yourself, you need a good laugh today!
guuurl

Stonyford, CA

#14 Jan 11, 2011
The article says "hundreds" of dollars... my understanding is that it was thousands.

Also, did they rip people off again this summer with a fake dance convention?
unkown

Brownsville, CA

#15 Jan 11, 2011
Just say no.
unkown

Brownsville, CA

#16 Jan 11, 2011
Today me and my friends were haveing lunch and his name came up. Well I did look at his clip on google like residentevil and yes very funny. At lease lose the gut. His eyes look like he is doing something, also is his sister going to teach? She was or still is a stripper hope your kids don't learn from her. Also my friend told me that he was teaching boxing-kickboxing useing Mr alejandres name. Shit I would not even use his name like that because everyone knows that man is the real deal. I have a couple of his magazines that I order on line. Hope Alejandes son called Kenji don't find out. That man is a real fighter and has train all his life.
Red Bluff mom

Dublin, CA

#17 Jan 11, 2011
my understanding is that these two met (he was married) when SHE was one of HIS students, and all of her training was from him. If he did it to someone else, he would do it to you. No way I would take my teenage daughter there.

It will be interesting to see how long they last this time. and who they are willing to take down with them.
File Criminal Charges

Redding, CA

#18 Jan 11, 2011
To those of you who claim to be victims of fraud perpetrated by the Dewsnups, may I suggest that you contact your local law enforcement agency or the district attorney's office. If a criminal complaint does not work, perhaps a second alternative would be to sue the Dewsnups in small claims court individually or ban together and hire an attorney for a joint civl complaint.
To the Daily News, I beg that you quit reporting on this issue, because all you are doing is giving undeserving folks free advertisement. What happened to unbiased reporting? Chip, you seriously need to talk to your reporters and re-evaluate the direction your paper has been going in over the past year.
Mom

Lafayette, CA

#19 Jan 11, 2011
I made a comment earlier today that did not get posted. Why? Are you truly biased?
Another Mom

Stonyford, CA

#20 Jan 11, 2011
"Mom"
I know that can be annoying, but try posting it again. These things can be wacky- sometimes they post twice, sometimes not at all. No once is censoring, so give it another try.
Kylee Bonds

United States

#21 Jan 11, 2011
I went to this dance school for three years and it's what brought out my passion in dancing.....even though they had struggles towards the end...i still love those dance teachers...if i had to choose anyone in the world then i would choose them. They are good at what they do and they are good-hearted people!:)) I am 14
red rover

United States

#22 Jan 12, 2011
anyone who cares .need to visit Trent Dewsnups google site and observe some very young looking girls that obviously the Police or Sheriff should be looking into and the daily news should look at this trash and quit giving this guy any backing. Kylee you do have the freedom of choice, but please see these people for what they really are and run . also sit down and talk to your parents or someone you trus.
red rover

United States

#23 Jan 12, 2011
trust.
Dance Fan

Paradise, CA

#24 Jan 12, 2011
Businesses have hard times, people have bad times, what is failed to be mentioned is that they have good times too. Nicole and Trent have more heart and soul for what they do than most. So what, life throws curve balls, it's getting back on that horse that counts! That is what the Dewsnups are doing, and I give them all the encouragement and well wishes in the world! And, to my understanding they are righting any wrongs from the past. People should know all of the facts before they pass judgement.
Nicole

Dunnigan, CA

#25 Jan 12, 2011
Wow! I'm astonished! I can understand that people may have felt hurt by our closing our school 3 years ago, but never did I understand the weight of people's opinions toward my husband and myself til this moment. All I can say is that I have always had every intention of doing right. And for those of you that do really know me for who I really am, I hope you can believe that. Why, I sincerely ask, have none of you come directly to me to share your feelings and talk to me? Instead I feel like you have acted more like a pack of wolves trying to destroy its prey rather than persons trying to find the good in a situation and giving one a chance to rectify past issues. I wish you could have the decency to speak with me before publicly ruining me. I pray every moment that good will come from this situation. And I honestly intend to stay on the horse until this is righted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristi Kienitz Apr 8 BustedBiscuits 1
Important notice Mar 24 John doe 1
Corrupt Shasta Family Court (Nov '09) Mar '18 Redding father 31
News Red Bluff-Tehama County police reports June 6-8 (Jun '14) Mar '18 TehamaCoCitizen 11
Judge Gibson lied in open Court to cover up wel... (Jul '11) Feb '18 JohnandKrystal 21
GangStalking and psychological Harassment (Jul '14) Feb '18 Guest 15
Glad we left_2018 Jan '18 By Now 1

Red Bluff Jobs

Personal Finance

Red Bluff Mortgages