Don Polson The way I see it: Freedom challenged on this Presidents Day

Full story: Red Bluff Daily News

Don Polson has called Red Bluff home since 1988, is a past president of the Tehama County Association of Realtors,licensed from 1994 to 2010.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Les Wolfe wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, take an estrogen tablet and shave your upper lip. You’re the one who brags about your college diploma and like I said in the absence of common sense, which seems to be absent in your presence, means nothing. Also about my small ***** and alcoholism, just goes to show, you don’t what you’re talking about.
Let's add sexism and agism to all your other isms, along with I'm assuming no college degree. By the way, I blog in between appointments. If I don't write perfectly, it's either because I posted it quick or I don't care, because no one is paying me to write perfectly. However, with my two college degrees, I have been paid for writing for television, radio and newspaper over the last twenty years and have won numerous awards for my writing.

As to your small and impotent self, all old guys have problems, especially if they're expending to much energy being an teaturd!
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Robert Red Bluff wrote:
Bush kept us safe? except for that 9/11 thing. Please. Mr. Bush was warned of a coming attack and he went golfing. He used the whole event to gain popularity from our war obsessed culture and then the redistribution of wealth began.
The systematic nature of tax cuts and the complete disarming of the SEC makes one take a second look at the what the "Truthers" have to say.
Now that the redistribution is nearing completion I don't suspect that we will ever fully know the truth. All I know is my life and the life of millions is divided into two time frames, BB=Before Bush(mostly good) and AB=After Bush(mostly bad)
What's up with Les and Pat? Were they married at one time? I think Pat is winning with those wicked jabs at the manhood.
I'm known for my emasculating skills. However, I don't like to go there, unless duly provoked. The idea of being married to Les Wolfe caused me to gag though!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Respectful effort wrote:
<quoted text>They say 50% of eligible citizens don't vote. Of the other 50% that do, they are split approximately 50% liberal and 50% conservative.
When GWBush had an approval rating in the mid 20's, I asked, "Who are these strange little lock-stepping group of people?" And the funniest thing of all, if they loved Bush then they should REALLY love Obama.
But then it's that kind of cult like behavior that encourages choosing how The Constitution should be applied.
Indeed, Mr. Polson's list of villains to worship is out now.... every column, essay, and response, is infinitely predictable now.
good job....sorry.

Since: Sep 10

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Judged:

Robert Red Bluff wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome for bringing Polson to light. Now go get on him like stink! I'm burned out and taking a break for a while.
Carry on
You notice the price of fuel lately? I suppose it's Bush's fault.

Robert Red Bluff meet Don Polson....I believe you both have a lot in common.
Dogs Life

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Respectful effort wrote:
<quoted text>You notice the price of fuel lately? I suppose it's Bush's fault.
No supposition required - the high price of oil presently is largely due to hostilities in the Arab world that both Bush's did their best to escalate with cowboy incursions, personal vendettas, and other U.S. sponsored malfeasance in the "axis of evil," that we have yet to recover from.
Justin

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

I'm concerned about smart meters simply because they replace people. Jobs are more important than meters at this time.
Justin

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Judged:

Pat Johnston wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm known for my emasculating skills. However, I don't like to go there, unless duly provoked. The idea of being married to Les Wolfe caused me to gag though!
You act and write as if you are proud of your "emasculating "skills". I bet they are overstated and probably only used against your own spouse.

Since: Sep 10

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Dogs Life wrote:
<quoted text>No supposition required - the high price of oil presently is largely due to hostilities in the Arab world that both Bush's did their best to escalate with cowboy incursions, personal vendettas, and other U.S. sponsored malfeasance in the "axis of evil," that we have yet to recover from.
Actually IMO, it is greatly because this nation under negligent leadership has refused to develop a sensible national energy policy. And a foreign policy that is consistent with moral sensibility.

We were thoroughly warned of our vulnerabilities and given an actual wake-up call during the 1973 oil embargo.

Prior too, during, and since, we have a foreign policy of being the world's police to keep the oil lines flowing. In addition, this policy included our support of dictatorships with-in the oil producing region. To this day we continue to do business with many who in reality are or should be our enemys.

In essence, our lack of a sensible energy policy has created a huge and expensive military industry and hypocritical and morally reprehensible relationships with dictators. In addition, that dynamic has created even more enemys from those who have recognized that reality or have been subjected to those oppressive governments.

Indeed, the entire, "war on terror" and our ridiculous failed leadership that embraces our dependence on foreign oil has created instability in our economic well-being and our international relationships.....And a very effective propaganda machine to confuse this entire reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
ConcernedinCA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Justin wrote:
I'm concerned about smart meters simply because they replace people. Jobs are more important than meters at this time.
Everyone doubting smart meter health issues that CAN and WILL impact YOU, ultimately, whether you get them or pay for the societal impact on public health, should visit this site and watch as people describe their smart meter health problems to an unresponsive CPUC just a few days ago:
http://eon3emfblog.net/...

Further, if you go to http://www.ucan.org/forum/forums/energy/sdg_e... you will read people's complaints about being ripped off after smart meters were installed (sometimes 600% rate hike)... and more health complaints, which UCAN is not helpful for.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

hmmm

“Spreading Truth Wordwide”

Since: Nov 09

God Bless The USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Seriously, if you are concerned about transient EMF and RF radiation from the meter simple household aluminum foil covering the meter can effectively suppress radiation.

Be extremely careful when doing so however as any contact with the 220 volt supply can kill you instantly! Wear insulated gloves, shoes and avoid contact with earth ground especially if it is wet or moist.

Trust me, I'm not only a General but a retired Electrical Engineer as well!
Sheepdog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Zucchini Bread

3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium)
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins, if desired

Print these coupons...

About Concordance™

1.Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2.In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins. Stir in nuts and raisins. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or pour into 9-inch pan.
3.Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
4.Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Robert Red Bluff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Judged:

Respectful effort wrote:
<quoted text>You notice the price of fuel lately? I suppose it's Bush's fault.
No, it is not all Bush's fault. It is mostly his fault, but the bottom-line is it is all of our faults for not heeding the warnings back in 1973 like you state. I was a new teenager and working at a gas station that my dad had a stake in. I washed windows and put air in tires and water in the radiator. I remember the odd/even days of selling gas. I also remember the 10 gallon limits and the gas lines that went around the block. This happened throughout the 70s and when I got my licence in 77 I remember pushing my Ford Courier mini-truck in a gas line that lasted half a Saturday. Carter did his best in lowing speed limits etc, but Reagan undid all that good stuff. So, I guess I would have to give Reagan some of the credit for the mess we are in.
The fact remains that Americans are gas hogs. We love our trucks and RVs and big sedans and most of all we like driving anywhere we please at the speed we please and as often as we please. We act like it is our God given right and many of the churches in town will confirm that for you. When George W Bush was elected I went out and bought a VW jetta TDI that got 45mpg. The technologies have been around for decades for cars to get that kind of mpg, but it hasn't sold well because Americans don't like smaller cars. Shortly after I bought my Jetta TDI the great state of California outlawed the car and it couldn't be sold in California again until just a couple of years ago. I sold the car last year and wish I hadn't. I'll be in the market for another one soon if I can just get back on my feet financially after the devastation of the Bush years. So, to answer your question, it is Reagans fault to begin with, then it is Bush Sr. fault in the second place and the grand master of doom and death and destruction and pain GW Bush finished it off. I place 40% of the fault on the American public for being big fat spoiled gas hogs. Part of that is propaganda driven though. It's time we all wake up to the new normal. Outlaw trucks without a confirmed need (contractor, farmer etc.) If consumers demand them then limit mileage and penalize overuse. Demand 50mpg for new cars starting 2014 and if Americans still demand trucks then make them get 35mpg or you can't sell them. If the wealthy still want to drive gas hogs because they are more liked by God and it's OK for them, then tax them to the max and make them pay for the destruction they are doing.
Pat Johnston

Reedley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Les Wolfe wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, take an estrogen tablet and shave your upper lip. You’re the one who brags about your college diploma and like I said in the absence of common sense, which seems to be absent in your presence, means nothing. Also about my small ***** and alcoholism, just goes to show, you don’t what you’re talking about.
Hate to burst your tiny...brain, but actually, I'm post menapausal for about five years. It was easy and quick. No estrogen. No problems and my upper lip is just fine. I actually feel the best I have in years. Thanks for asking. You must have me confused me with your significant other.
Pat Johnston

Reedley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Fedups wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't know Pat Johnston personally, I would think RRB and PJ was one of the same!
Sorry, I'm just Pat. I have no idea who Robert is, but he can be funny and I do agree with him a lot. We write nothing a like. So, I don't know why you think that. Maybe you can expound.
Pat Johnston

Reedley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
You act and write as if you are proud of your "emasculating "skills". I bet they are overstated and probably only used against your own spouse.
Don't worry, my husband is a all man and respected as head of our household. He works hard for a living. He's an awesome father, Christian, faithful and committed to me, as I am to him. He's proud of what I've done and continue to do and he thinks I'm pretty funny.

I only emasculate men who look down on women like Les Wolfe and I am proud I can put chauvinistic men in their place. Somebody needs to, once in a while. Why don't you have a problem with the sexist stuff Les was dumping on me. What's good for the goose is good for he gander. If men don't want me to emasculate them, then don't be a sexist pig.
pointing out nonsense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Judged:

Robert Red Bluff wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not all Bush's fault. It is mostly his fault, but the bottom-line is it is all of our faults for not heeding the warnings back in 1973 like you state. I was a new teenager and working at a gas station that my dad had a stake in. I washed windows and put air in tires and water in the radiator. I remember the odd/even days of selling gas. I also remember the 10 gallon limits and the gas lines that went around the block. This happened throughout the 70s and when I got my licence in 77 I remember pushing my Ford Courier mini-truck in a gas line that lasted half a Saturday. Carter did his best in lowing speed limits etc, but Reagan undid all that good stuff. So, I guess I would have to give Reagan some of the credit for the mess we are in.
The fact remains that Americans are gas hogs. We love our trucks and RVs and big sedans and most of all we like driving anywhere we please at the speed we please and as often as we please. We act like it is our God given right and many of the churches in town will confirm that for you. When George W Bush was elected I went out and bought a VW jetta TDI that got 45mpg. The technologies have been around for decades for cars to get that kind of mpg, but it hasn't sold well because Americans don't like smaller cars. Shortly after I bought my Jetta TDI the great state of California outlawed the car and it couldn't be sold in California again until just a couple of years ago. I sold the car last year and wish I hadn't. I'll be in the market for another one soon if I can just get back on my feet financially after the devastation of the Bush years. So, to answer your question, it is Reagans fault to begin with, then it is Bush Sr. fault in the second place and the grand master of doom and death and destruction and pain GW Bush finished it off. I place 40% of the fault on the American public for being big fat spoiled gas hogs. Part of that is propaganda driven though. It's time we all wake up to the new normal. Outlaw trucks without a confirmed need (contractor, farmer etc.) If consumers demand them then limit mileage and penalize overuse. Demand 50mpg for new cars starting 2014 and if Americans still demand trucks then make them get 35mpg or you can't sell them. If the wealthy still want to drive gas hogs because they are more liked by God and it's OK for them, then tax them to the max and make them pay for the destruction they are doing.
ideological loon whose entire worldview is based on fantastical interpretation...
Robert Red Bluff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

pointing out nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
ideological loon whose entire worldview is based on fantastical interpretation...
Prove me wrong BuckO if you think the reality I've witnessed is fantastical. Americans are wasteful of resources period. Not just oil, but everything from water to wood. We simple waste more than we should and now certainly more than we can afford. As much as I hate these high gasoline prices I feel they are the only way we are going to use less and pollute less. If the price is high because of speculative greed or because of real supply issues it is the only way I see Americans changing their habits myself included. I think the Government should put a fuel tax on it to keep it high if that helps us change faster. The Earth simply can't handle our wasteful and polluting ways much longer.
Dogs Life

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Justin wrote:
Well in that case we should get rid of all the ATM machines, power tools, and other labor saving devices to boot!
Sheepdog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

No more men willing to fight anymore,just cowards hiding behind keyboards. Good luck when the zombies come to eat your flesh.(food shortage)

www.prisonplanet.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Red Bluff Discussions

Search the Red Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr sexy sadie 200,205
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 17 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Anderson-Cottonwood California Christian Assist... Jul 5 Advocate 1
Inner Body Asbestos Cleanse Needed Jul 4 count 1
Review: Kirk's Body Shop Jul 3 Taylor Nordaker 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
Ruling to delay Red Bluff Wal-Mart Supercenter (Mar '08) Jul 2 George smith 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Red Bluff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000