Don Polson The way I see it: Freedom ...

Don Polson The way I see it: Freedom challenged on this Presidents Day

There are 110 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Feb 21, 2011, titled Don Polson The way I see it: Freedom challenged on this Presidents Day. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Don Polson has called Red Bluff home since 1988, is a past president of the Tehama County Association of Realtors,licensed from 1994 to 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

Sheepdog

Chico, CA

#42 Feb 24, 2011
What bunch of bs,homeland security has to create these stories every two weeks to justify the Nazi style government coming to power. Don't worry folks,they will make a new one in a week or two just to keep the illusion going. Fact: you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than attacked by a terrorist with or without home land security.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110224/ap_on_re_...

Since: Dec 10

San Francisco, CA

#43 Feb 24, 2011
Don Polson wrote:
<quoted text>
(Psst, Patriot Act has kept us safe unless Obama undermines it somehow)
I believe that my chanting to squirrels and throwing rose petals over my shoulder for the past 10 years has kept us safe. It's an equally plausible proposition.
Don Polson

Anderson, CA

#44 Feb 24, 2011
Lush Rimbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that my chanting to squirrels and throwing rose petals over my shoulder for the past 10 years has kept us safe. It's an equally plausible proposition.
Do continue sqirrel-chanting and rose-petal-throwing but for actual facts: From just 1 of over 150 entries under the topic "War on Terror" at "Polecat News and View" donpolson.blogspot.com :

"Admission by Obama admin'n that the Bush Terrorist Surveillance worked"

We have, from Andrew McCarthy of National Review Online:

"Had [President Bush's Warrantless Surveillance Program]" been in place before the [9/11] attacks, hijackers Khalid Almidhar and Nawaf Alhazmi almost certainly would have been identified and located."

"Another Friday night, another dump by the Obama administration of a report underscoring the vital importance of President Bush's post-9/11 national security tactics."

The above quote about Midhar and Hazmi and is from Gen. Michael Hayden, the former CIA director who was director of the NSA when that agency ran Bush's "Terrorist Surveillance Program." It is a bombshell mentioned in passing on page 31 of the 38-page report filed by five executive-branch inspectors general (from DOJ, DOD, CIA, NSA, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence) pursuant to Congress's 2008 overhaul of FISA (the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act)."

This is all about the wiretapping program I wrote extensively about in the printed News and Views columns on anti-terrorist programs. Specifically, the program that was so utterly and maliciously mischaracterized by liberals as "domestic wiretapping" when it was actually interceptions of cross-border communication which has never been subject to the 4th amendment anyway.

Bush was right on this, just like so many other maligned (by the left) war on terror tactics.

http://donpolson.blogspot.com/search/label/wa...

Source report: http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/docume...
Les Wolfe

West Tehama County, CA

#45 Feb 24, 2011
sanity wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to go without listening to the radio for 1 month. I challenge you, no Fox news, no radio. Then I want to hear what you have to say.
I DARE YOU... I bet you can't go a whole month without radio or TV.....
“You have nothing to fear but fear itself“. I dare you to watch Fox News channel, especially Glen Beck. Glen Beck exposes the culprits and their motives behind what’s happening to this country. Watch, you have nothing to lose but your own naiveté. Then compare it with Keith Olbermann and see what the comparison is. Also, compare the discourse of both liberal and conservative talk radio hosts. Compare the Tea Party demonstrations to the demonstrations by the liberals and their unions. Where does the hostility come from? Then try to prove Glen Beck as wrong as the liberals think he is. If I were to take your dare I would be as misinformed as Pat Johnston.
Pat Johnston

Stockton, CA

#47 Feb 24, 2011
Les Wolfe wrote:
<quoted text>
Another hot flash Pat? Teaturds, wach, spelling like this with a college education, from where? Keep taking those meds you get over it.
Now, you're going to critique my writing. Let's see..."Another hot flash, Pat?(No verb, not a complete sentence." I don't know what wach is and that sentence is totally incoherent and the third sentence is missing a few words.

I could blame it on your complete inability to pass a freshman english class or on your small penis and your alcoholism. None of those reasons do I know for a fact, but if you can blame me for my opinions on hot flashes and the needs to take meds. I can blame your craziness on your complete lack of manhood and alcohol. Hey, fair is fair in a war of words with uneducated teaturds.
Red Bluff Libertarian

Wichita, KS

#49 Feb 24, 2011
"Compare the Tea Party demonstrations to the demonstrations by the liberals and their unions. Where does the hostility come from? "

Well, based on my viewing, reading, and internetting (!) the most hostile of the gatherings came in 2009 during the establishment of the anti-govt tea Party as a vocal opponent to anything even vaguely "Democratic".

As far as I can tell, the pro-union gatherings in WI have been relatively peaceful and uneventful. Or so the WI police have indicated, since the police there honored the protesters with their appreciation for good behavior.
Don Polson

Anderson, CA

#50 Feb 24, 2011
Red Bluff Libertarian wrote:
"Compare the Tea Party demonstrations to the demonstrations by the liberals and their unions.
From late 2009:
Bomb threats aimed at...conservatives, natch
Washington HQ for Freedomworks, the day before the march. Of course, sheer random occurence:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/09/bomb-...
TIGERHAWK ON THE MEDIA’S VARIABLE TREATMENT OF PROTESTS AND VIOLENCE:
"A few clowns shout at a “tea party” and the media starts worrying about the resurgent Klan, but the left literally attacks the police at the G20 protests and nobody says anything.
"There are two possible explanations for this different approach of the media to edgy demonstrators of the left and right.
"First, the mainstream media are completely in the tank for the Democrats, and want to help them push the talking point that the tea-partiers are both extremists and typical Republicans (neither of which is generally true).
"Second, the left benefits from the soft bigotry of low expectations: People expect leftists to act like thugs at these gatherings as they have for 40 years, so when they do again it is the same-old same-old."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/A...
JOHN HINDERAKER WONDERS why SEIU thugs enjoy more freedom of action than Navy SEALS. Because the SEIU thugs are advancing the goals of people in power?
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/11...
Anatomy of a Beat-Down Part 1: Why Kenneth Gladney Was Beaten, And by Whom...by Stage Right
On August 6, 2009 two Service Employee International Union (SEIU) leaders and a volunteer for Organizing for America (OFA) assaulted Kenneth Gladney outside of Rep. Russ Carnahan’s Town hall meeting on health care. The perpetrators were arrested at the scene of the crime, and three months later charges have finally been filed.
Much has been said in the past three months about this incident. Here at Big Government calls have been made for justice, for formal charges and mostly for the mass media to follow the story and delve into the government’s role in this violent attempt to intimidate and silence dissent. We can no longer wait for the establishment journalists to connect the dots and bring to light the insidious relationships between the SEIU, OFA, Russ Carnaham’s office and the Obama Administration.
Was this assault merely a flare up of tempers during a heated exchange of rival political camps? Or was it a coordinated attempt to silence the scores of protesters who had been so effective at swaying public opinion against the President’s health care scheme? Today, Big Government will bring to light documents that read like an instruction manual for the SEIU forces in St. Louis the evening of August 6th. We will also show that on the very same evening of the St. Louis assault, an almost identical scene played out in Tampa Bay, Florida. Also involving SEIU and OFA. Also resulting in hordes of union members shouting down and physically evicting protesters from a U.S. Representative’s Town hall meeting. Finally, we will introduce all of the various players in leadership roles at these organizations, what they said in instructing their members in how to fight back against the Town hall protesters, and how these individuals all connect to each other and to the Obama Administration. As I said, we’ve been waiting for the “Real” journalists to do this, we’ve waited long enough.
Here's the link to part 1: http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/30/anatomy-o...
Les Wolfe

West Tehama County, CA

#51 Feb 24, 2011
Pat Johnston wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you're going to critique my writing. Let's see..."Another hot flash, Pat?(No verb, not a complete sentence." I don't know what wach is and that sentence is totally incoherent and the third sentence is missing a few words.
I could blame it on your complete inability to pass a freshman english class or on your small **** and your alcoholism. None of those reasons do I know for a fact, but if you can blame me for my opinions on hot flashes and the needs to take meds. I can blame your craziness on your complete lack of manhood and alcohol. Hey, fair is fair in a war of words with uneducated teaturds.
Whoa, take an estrogen tablet and shave your upper lip. You’re the one who brags about your college diploma and like I said in the absence of common sense, which seems to be absent in your presence, means nothing. Also about my small ***** and alcoholism, just goes to show, you don’t what you’re talking about.
Robert Red Bluff

United States

#52 Feb 24, 2011
Bush kept us safe? except for that 9/11 thing. Please. Mr. Bush was warned of a coming attack and he went golfing. He used the whole event to gain popularity from our war obsessed culture and then the redistribution of wealth began.
The systematic nature of tax cuts and the complete disarming of the SEC makes one take a second look at the what the "Truthers" have to say.
Now that the redistribution is nearing completion I don't suspect that we will ever fully know the truth. All I know is my life and the life of millions is divided into two time frames, BB=Before Bush(mostly good) and AB=After Bush(mostly bad)

What's up with Les and Pat? Were they married at one time? I think Pat is winning with those wicked jabs at the manhood.
Sheepdog

Chico, CA

#53 Feb 24, 2011
Les Wolfe wrote:
<quoted text>
“You have nothing to fear but fear itself“. I dare you to watch Fox News channel, especially Glen Beck. Glen Beck exposes the culprits and their motives behind what’s happening to this country. Watch, you have nothing to lose but your own naiveté. Then compare it with Keith Olbermann and see what the comparison is. Also, compare the discourse of both liberal and conservative talk radio hosts. Compare the Tea Party demonstrations to the demonstrations by the liberals and their unions. Where does the hostility come from? Then try to prove Glen Beck as wrong as the liberals think he is. If I were to take your dare I would be as misinformed as Pat Johnston.
Glen Beck steals everything from Alex Jones,then tries to make himself look like he is cutting edge. Alex Jones will tell you when something is going to happen so precise that you can almost set your watch to it. I have much respect for Alex because he won't get on his knees for fame,Glen is a joke.
You guys want the latest. 1.we are going to implode the middle east this year.2.The fed reserve(not really fed) will collapse the dollar to screw over the Saudis and put them back on camels because they have been paid by tea notes for oil.3. They will then usher in a ''global''dollar and tell you it's to save the economy.4. Then they will announce that we are going to drill in the USA for our own oil because we not ever got ANY from the saudies.5.oil will still be 200.00 per barrel even though we are drilling here.6.tghey will be drilling under the rocky mountains where they 3 trillion barrels of oil stashes,they will open Alaska and Montana and all capped off wells.7.Then the economy will level off with the new world order policing the USA.

Ron Paul 2012! www.infowars.com

United States

#54 Feb 24, 2011
Don Polson wrote:
Bush was right on this, just like so many other maligned (by the left) war on terror tactics.
c
Or so you say. The funny thing is, you have no proof that the Patriot Act has kept us safe.
Sheepdog

Chico, CA

#55 Feb 24, 2011
Don Says : "A few clowns shout at a “tea party” and the media starts worrying about the resurgent Klan, but the left literally attacks the police at the G20 protests and nobody says anything.
"There are two possible explanations for this different approach of the media to edgy demonstrators of the left and right.

Not true Don,the global thug police get implanted in the crowd dressed like protesters and start ALL the violence so the police can start shooting people and arresting them, as a direct attack on our first amendment. I have live video of this taking place.They do this tactic in all nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

everyone needs to learn how to think for themselves, research and question everything you hear.

Ron Paul 2012

www.infowars.com

United States

#56 Feb 24, 2011
Don Polson wrote:
<quoted text>
We have, from Andrew McCarthy of National Review Online:
"Had [President Bush's Warrantless Surveillance Program]" been in place before the [9/11] attacks, hijackers Khalid Almidhar and Nawaf Alhazmi almost certainly would have been identified and located."
"Warantless surveillance program"??? You have no basis to ever invoke a fourth amendment argument in your column. Do you realize the ramifications of what you stated? Apparently not, because in your world you can pick and choose when the fourth should apply.
Sheepdog

Chico, CA

#57 Feb 24, 2011
There is no such thing as left and right anymore,those days are gone but most of you haven't caught up to the ways of the one world government system.You can amuse yourselves with right verses left all day,but it's really just a waste of everyone's time anymore.

The False Left Right Paradigm - From the Obama Deception

Ron Paul 2012 www.infowars.com
Sheepdog

Chico, CA

#58 Feb 24, 2011
The TSA should be in prison,

The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures, along with requiring any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. It was adopted as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

In Mapp v. Ohio, 367 U.S. 643 (1961), the Supreme Court ruled that the Fourth Amendment applies to the states by way of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

In Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347 (1967), the Supreme Court ruled that the amendment's protections do not apply when the searched party lacks a "reasonable expectation of privacy".

The Supreme Court has also ruled that certain searches and seizures violated the Fourth Amendment even when a warrant was properly granted.
Sheepdog

Chico, CA

#59 Feb 24, 2011
www.oathkeepers.org

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Since: Sep 10

Redding, CA

#60 Feb 25, 2011
Lush Rimbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Warantless surveillance program"??? You have no basis to ever invoke a fourth amendment argument in your column. Do you realize the ramifications of what you stated? Apparently not, because in your world you can pick and choose when the fourth should apply.
They say 50% of eligible citizens don't vote. Of the other 50% that do, they are split approximately 50% liberal and 50% conservative.

When GWBush had an approval rating in the mid 20's, I asked, "Who are these strange little lock-stepping group of people?" And the funniest thing of all, if they loved Bush then they should REALLY love Obama.

But then it's that kind of cult like behavior that encourages choosing how The Constitution should be applied.

Indeed, Mr. Polson's list of villains to worship is out now.... every column, essay, and response, is infinitely predictable now.
Fedups

Pittsburgh, PA

#61 Feb 25, 2011
Robert Red Bluff wrote:
Bush kept us safe? except for that 9/11 thing. Please. Mr. Bush was warned of a coming attack and he went golfing. He used the whole event to gain popularity from our war obsessed culture and then the redistribution of wealth began.
The systematic nature of tax cuts and the complete disarming of the SEC makes one take a second look at the what the "Truthers" have to say.
Now that the redistribution is nearing completion I don't suspect that we will ever fully know the truth. All I know is my life and the life of millions is divided into two time frames, BB=Before Bush(mostly good) and AB=After Bush(mostly bad)
What's up with Les and Pat? Were they married at one time? I think Pat is winning with those wicked jabs at the manhood.
If I didn't know Pat Johnston personally, I would think RRB and PJ was one of the same!
sanity

West Tehama County, CA

#62 Feb 25, 2011
Les Wolfe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen briefly Glenn Beck's ranting, foaming at the mouth style, and frankly it reminded me too much of Hitler's speaking style. He is overly emotional, rude, crude, and speaks in part truths. I don't let people who rant like that in my house. I found him offensive and ugly. His hate-filled vilification and blame games are a waste of time. The only reason he is on the air is because he is an entertainer, not a news man. He is on because of the freedom of speech, not the reliability of his information. He is paid a LOT of MONEY to say what he says.

I read my news from around the world. I don't accept anyone's opinion, only verifiable facts, especially when they have been disqualified as entertainers rather than news agencies.

I dare you to not watch TV or radio for 1 month and see how you feel about the world. Your thoughts are not your own, but have been programmed by Fox Network. Read your news on unbiased world news agencies.

I again, dare you.(You will find yourself feeling better just because of not being inundated by all those ads anyway.)
Robert Red Bluff

Chico, CA

#63 Feb 25, 2011
Respectful effort wrote:
<quoted text>They say 50% of eligible citizens don't vote. Of the other 50% that do, they are split approximately 50% liberal and 50% conservative.
When GWBush had an approval rating in the mid 20's, I asked, "Who are these strange little lock-stepping group of people?" And the funniest thing of all, if they loved Bush then they should REALLY love Obama.
But then it's that kind of cult like behavior that encourages choosing how The Constitution should be applied.
Indeed, Mr. Polson's list of villains to worship is out now.... every column, essay, and response, is infinitely predictable now.
You're welcome for bringing Polson to light. Now go get on him like stink! I'm burned out and taking a break for a while.

Carry on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Bluff-Tehama County police reports June 6-8 (Jun '14) Mon lilbridge861 10
Judge Gibson lied in open Court to cover up wel... (Jul '11) Jun 23 DrButt 15
Anyone know Jerry Hahn Jun 18 MAILIPT 1
Gary Dainauskus sicko/perv Jun 17 Proxy testing 2
Handyman Jun 15 Joe 1
News Mail theft on rise in Tehama County (Feb '10) May 30 Barry McKochenor 21
Medicare Fraud - St Elizabeth Hospital- about t... (Aug '13) May 29 Angelica cardoza 13

Red Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Bluff Mortgages