Red Bluff, one of the best in the west

Red Bluff, one of the best in the west

There are 32 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Red Bluff, one of the best in the west. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Red Bluff was named one of the Top 20 places to live in the West by American Cowboy magazine and will be featured in its April/May issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Round up Man

Yolo, CA

#1 Jan 14, 2011
Well pilgrims put that in your pipes and smoke it. Its what we call real reality here in the west. Good job cowboys/girls.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 14, 2011
Yeeeeee-Hawwww!

Cowboy country, but also a wonderful small town featuring the stately Victorians so beautifully restored and thoughtfully preserved for us all to admire.

Lake Red Bluff is another treasure, too bad it's on life support. We only have one more season to enjoy this truly remarkable man-made gift to the north-state. And in my opinion it will not make a dam(n) bit of difference in regards to the fish population. The numbers have been steadily worsening since the drastic uptake in the huge pumping stations in the delta in the last few years. The lefties will prove this act of destruction was necessary by increasing the amount of smolts and the altering methods used to release them into the bay. I have every confidence that this has been strategically coordinated and will coincide with dismantling of the Red Bluff diversion dam. Guaranteed to put a happy smiley face on the envroMENTALsits already smug mugs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 14, 2011
Get r done!
Al Reine

United States

#4 Jan 14, 2011
Red Bluff, A great little western town in Northern California. This Cowboy and Cowgirl town offers a so much with western culture, and God's wonderful beauty within America. We also need to be proud of a local COWGIRL BEAUTY. Jennifer Marinell; Miss CCPRA, who is representing Red Bluff, Tehama County, and the Golden State of California,in Oklahoma City this week. The late John Wayne said some wise words: "Talk low, Talk slow, and Don't Talk Too Much." We have a hidden Jewel here in Northern California. God Bless those who live in Red Bluff, and America ! Red Bluff has a Lot of TRUE GRIT !!

“Stupidity should be outlawed”

Since: Nov 09

Redding, CA

#5 Jan 14, 2011
Amarillo by morning wrote:
Yeeeeee-Hawwww!
Cowboy country, but also a wonderful small town featuring the stately Victorians so beautifully restored and thoughtfully preserved for us all to admire.
Lake Red Bluff is another treasure, too bad it's on life support. We only have one more season to enjoy this truly remarkable man-made gift to the north-state. And in my opinion it will not make a dam(n) bit of difference in regards to the fish population. The numbers have been steadily worsening since the drastic uptake in the huge pumping stations in the delta in the last few years. The lefties will prove this act of destruction was necessary by increasing the amount of smolts and the altering methods used to release them into the bay. I have every confidence that this has been strategically coordinated and will coincide with dismantling of the Red Bluff diversion dam. Guaranteed to put a happy smiley face on the envroMENTALsits already smug mugs.
You hit the nail on the head!!! Not only do we boat owners who are 5 minutes from the boat launch get hosed, think of the property owners who have docs along the river! Their property values took a huge hit over and above the bad market! All this is a sham that is not even cleverly hidden. It is a blatant load of crap in the name of "environmental preservation."We all see that this little bump in the river over 200 miles inland has no bearing whatsoever on the fish.Makes me sick!! Even the greenies can't really feel good about the lies. It is really all about sending water to the southern counties, NOT about the fish!
FMilkbone

Sacramento, CA

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Open range is an official term and Tehama County does not have open range. Wide open spaces yes, but to keep it that way we should not let others know about it ,then it just becomes another subdidvision land. I say vist, spend your money, and leave.
San Diego

United States

#7 Jan 14, 2011
Rsnake460 wrote:
<quoted text>It is really all about sending water to the southern counties, NOT about the fish!
Thanks for the water.

Signed,
San Diego
HAHAHAHA

United States

#8 Jan 15, 2011
If you like flinging cow shit come on down!
HAHAHAHA

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2011
Rsnake460 wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head!!! Not only do we boat owners who are 5 minutes from the boat launch get hosed, think of the property owners who have docs along the river! Their property values took a huge hit over and above the bad market! All this is a sham that is not even cleverly hidden. It is a blatant load of crap in the name of "environmental preservation."We all see that this little bump in the river over 200 miles inland has no bearing whatsoever on the fish.Makes me sick!! Even the greenies can't really feel good about the lies. It is really all about sending water to the southern counties, NOT about the fish!
Its just some massive conspiracy to lower your property value... Yes the world is out to get you... AND ONLY YOU!
Just sayin

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jan 15, 2011
HAHAHAHA wrote:
<quoted text>Its just some massive conspiracy to lower your property value... Yes the world is out to get you... AND ONLY YOU!
Who let this nut job out to play?
HAHAHAHA

United States

#11 Jan 15, 2011
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Who let this nut job out to play?
It was you!
Its called sarcasm... I wouldnt expect you to understand such a thing... ON a side note....(Lets do an experiment.... Fill a glass(dam) with a constant running water source(river)... Eventually the glass will fill and the constant running water source will be diverted...) Besides, they'll still be pumping water out of the river(big massive pumps with screens on them the fish get sucked into)... you think its now going to start raining in the summer?... Thats nonsense (to cali standards)... So my question is... How do you figure its some conspiracy by southern california to take our water?
Not argueing for one side or the other... just pointing out some flaws in our culture...
Gazebo

United States

#12 Jan 15, 2011
Rsnake460 wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head!!! Not only do we boat owners who are 5 minutes from the boat launch get hosed, think of the property owners who have docs along the river! Their property values took a huge hit over and above the bad market! All this is a sham that is not even cleverly hidden. It is a blatant load of crap in the name of "environmental preservation."We all see that this little bump in the river over 200 miles inland has no bearing whatsoever on the fish.Makes me sick!! Even the greenies can't really feel good about the lies. It is really all about sending water to the southern counties, NOT about the fish!
So you can't launch from the dam or the bend??? Why did red bluff pay for that million dollar dock, anyway??? How many citizens did that benifit??? couldn't the money have been spent on something that ALL of the citizens could enjoy? Too late now, I wonder if the contractor was a 'good ol boy'
Gazebo

United States

#13 Jan 15, 2011
Round up Man wrote:
Well pilgrims put that in your pipes and smoke it. Its what we call real reality here in the west. Good job cowboys/girls.
So the reality here in the west is 'putting it in your pipe and smoking it'??? For shame, your 'honor'.
Round up Man

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2011
Gazebo wrote:
<quoted text>
So the reality here in the west is 'putting it in your pipe and smoking it'??? For shame, your 'honor'.
I can see your out of space leaders haven't re-programed you yet.
Gazebo

United States

#15 Jan 15, 2011
Round up Man wrote:
<quoted text>I can see your out of space leaders haven't re-programed you yet.
they can't find any 5-1/2" floppy disks, and that is why they are 'out of space'

Redding, CA

#16 Jan 15, 2011
Gazebo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't launch from the dam or the bend??? Why did red bluff pay for that million dollar dock, anyway??? How many citizens did that benifit??? couldn't the money have been spent on something that ALL of the citizens could enjoy? Too late now, I wonder if the contractor was a 'good ol boy'
I can't get my boat in the river if the water is down, no matter where I launch it. The point being, there will be no more Lake Red Bluff after this next season.For that I am very bummed.What kills me is the reasons stated. It is a sham. For me personally, it's a quality of life thing that will be lost. Our family's favorite thing is to be on the river when it is 115 degrees out. We could go anytime we wanted beings the launch is 5 minutes from where we live. We go all the time after work when the river is up. No more after this season. Now it is a 45 minute drive to an hour or so to the lakes. We are losing an accustomed way of life. Not hard to understand.It's happening because of a political load of dookie. Also, not hard to understand .
Mike Collins

Oroville, CA

#17 Jan 15, 2011
Ditto!!
Gazebo

United States

#18 Jan 15, 2011
I do not believe I stated difficulty in understanding your whining, so why the repetition? But since you are going to be a dik: For those of us without boats, I can assure you we are all crying ourselves to sleep over that 40 minute delay for your pleasure cruises. It must be so frustrating! Damn all that mamby pamby science! There are no salmon in the river because of LIBERALS, not dams!!! Oh, no!!! the poor, misunderstood residents of Surrey Village will have to walk an extra 10 yards to get to the river!!!!!!!!! The article, I believe, was about how great red bluff is because there are no jobs but lots of pretend cowboys. How did 'lake red bluff' come into it???

Redding, CA

#19 Jan 15, 2011
Gazebo wrote:
I do not believe I stated difficulty in understanding your whining, so why the repetition? But since you are going to be a dik: For those of us without boats, I can assure you we are all crying ourselves to sleep over that 40 minute delay for your pleasure cruises. It must be so frustrating! Damn all that mamby pamby science! There are no salmon in the river because of LIBERALS, not dams!!! Oh, no!!! the poor, misunderstood residents of Surrey Village will have to walk an extra 10 yards to get to the river!!!!!!!!! The article, I believe, was about how great red bluff is because there are no jobs but lots of pretend cowboys. How did 'lake red bluff' come into it???
Good thing for me that what you say or think doesn't matter to me in the very least.You just sound like you are sad that you don't have a boat. Bummer for you ya dipchit.And the article IS about how great Red Bluff is. For people who really enjoy the river, especially in the summer when the river is up, a great deal of that enjoyment will be lost. Skew that however you want. I know I am not the only one who will miss it. Spank you helpy helper DUH........
Gazebo

United States

#20 Jan 16, 2011
Rsnake460 wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing for me that what you say or think doesn't matter to me in the very least.You just sound like you are sad that you don't have a boat. Bummer for you ya dipchit.And the article IS about how great Red Bluff is. For people who really enjoy the river, especially in the summer when the river is up, a great deal of that enjoyment will be lost. Skew that however you want. I know I am not the only one who will miss it. Spank you helpy helper DUH........
Likewise, I am sure. Keep on whining, though, I am sure it will help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristi Kienitz Apr 8 BustedBiscuits 1
Important notice Mar 24 John doe 1
Corrupt Shasta Family Court (Nov '09) Mar '18 Redding father 31
News Red Bluff-Tehama County police reports June 6-8 (Jun '14) Mar '18 TehamaCoCitizen 11
Judge Gibson lied in open Court to cover up wel... (Jul '11) Feb '18 JohnandKrystal 21
GangStalking and psychological Harassment (Jul '14) Feb '18 Guest 15
Glad we left_2018 Jan '18 By Now 1

Red Bluff Jobs

Personal Finance

Red Bluff Mortgages