Richard Mazzucchi - Positive Point: P...

Richard Mazzucchi - Positive Point: Please help end the blame game

There are 13 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Jan 17, 2011, titled Richard Mazzucchi - Positive Point: Please help end the blame game. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Richard Mazzucchi is a retired research engineer specializing in energy efficiency and renewable energy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

Respectful effort

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 17, 2011
You missed a golden opportunity Richard.

You almost made it completely through your column of, "don't blame or point fingers", but couldn't help yourself when it comes to Sarah.

"I don't blame Sarah for the misdeeds of others, BUT...."

Too bad your message of reconciliation is one you make a conscience choice to fall short on.
Robert Red Bluff

United States

#2 Jan 17, 2011
Great column Richard. It is very hard not to notice the lack of admission to virtually anything the right might have possibly done wrong. The in-your-face attitude that Palin and Polson learned from Bush/Cheney is growing old.
The only way to deal with it, in my opinion, is to ignore it and press on doing the right thing by calling for civility and then actually change some of the language. It doesn't mean we have to sit by and be assaulted by unrepentant bullies, but if we can turn the other cheek more often than not I believe their folly will be exposed and rejected.
Had enough

Redding, CA

#3 Jan 17, 2011
Mazzz lets face it, you hate Sarah Palin and the reason is AND the ONLY reason you hate her is, because she is a Republican.

Mazz you got to be one dumb person if you think any body with a fraction of a brain left, believes anything you write.
Robert Red Bluff

United States

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Had enough wrote:
Mazzz lets face it, you hate Sarah Palin and the reason is AND the ONLY reason you hate her is, because she is a Republican.
Mazz you got to be one dumb person if you think any body with a fraction of a brain left, believes anything you write.
Speaking of fractions what is 3/4+1/4=? There, that should keep you off the computer for the rest of the week while you consult family for the answer.
What a pathetic post! May the good Lord heal your mind.

“Sustainable and Spiritual Soul”

Since: Nov 09

Los Molinos, CA

#5 Jan 17, 2011
Respectful effort wrote:
You almost made it completely through your column of, "don't blame or point fingers", but couldn't help yourself when it comes to Sarah.
"I don't blame Sarah for the misdeeds of others, BUT...."
Too bad your message of reconciliation is one you make a conscience choice to fall short on.
Quoting one's writings out of context is a rather sleazy way to justify a derogatory point of view. Here is the full sentence to which you claim offense: "I don't blame Sarah for the misdeeds of others, but do think she should acknowledge the hurtfulness of her rhetoric and urge her followers to be more civil and respectful in the pursuit of their political aims."

This is not finger pointing or placing blame - it is a simple statement of my opionion that those who print or promulate statements that many American's and the primary victim of this attack find offensive should apologize and help tone down vitriolic rhetoric that they themselves cite in their defense. Nothing is gained, and much is lost by continuing this juvenile and distateful type of discourse.

Asking someone to ackhowledge the percieved hurtfulness of their words and actions is not to place blame, it is only a suggestion to overcome a barrier to more effective communication and problem resolution. I believe that such a pursuit is in the best interests of any politician or stateperson worthy of our support.

Since: Sep 10

Chico, CA

#6 Jan 17, 2011
Well here Richard let me fix that for you.

"I don't blame Sarah for the misdeeds of others, but.......I do think she should acknowledge the hurtfulness of her rhetoric and urge her followers to be more civil and respectful in the pursuit of their political aims."

----------

I doubt it makes it any better for you, and it doesn't for me either. To me, it really didn't matter if I cut off the last part of the sentence because in regards to the point I was making, it simply didn't matter. Rather then you considering the point you'd make something else the issue.

PLEASE HELP END THE BLAME GAME is the title of your column. That's an honorable request to make Richard. And as one who made that request I'd expect all the diplomacy and sincerity that you could muster to at least give it reasonable send off.....IF...it was really a sincere wish.
Instead and before the ink was dry on your essay, you found fault in Palin's response and condolences.

Where in PLEASE HELP END THE BLAME GAME do your opinions and inquirys that purposely find fault help in ending a blame game?

No Richard, like I've already said, you missed your opportunity. Instead, you couldn't help yourself by being clearly the wrong man for the job when it comes to ending a blame game.

PLEASE HELP END THE BLAME GAME BUT..... PALIN IS A J E R K would have been a more accurate title.

And for clarity Richard, my opinion of Palin is very similar to my opinion of you. Indeed, you both have a lot in common in your styles.
Ben Rumson

Redding, CA

#7 Jan 18, 2011
Respectful effort wrote:
Well here Richard let me fix that for you.
"I don't blame Sarah for the misdeeds of others, but.......I do think she should acknowledge the hurtfulness of her rhetoric and urge her followers to be more civil and respectful in the pursuit of their political aims."
----------
I doubt it makes it any better for you, and it doesn't for me either. To me, it really didn't matter if I cut off the last part of the sentence because in regards to the point I was making, it simply didn't matter. Rather then you considering the point you'd make something else the issue.
PLEASE HELP END THE BLAME GAME is the title of your column. That's an honorable request to make Richard. And as one who made that request I'd expect all the diplomacy and sincerity that you could muster to at least give it reasonable send off.....IF...it was really a sincere wish.
Instead and before the ink was dry on your essay, you found fault in Palin's response and condolences.
Where in PLEASE HELP END THE BLAME GAME do your opinions and inquirys that purposely find fault help in ending a blame game?
No Richard, like I've already said, you missed your opportunity. Instead, you couldn't help yourself by being clearly the wrong man for the job when it comes to ending a blame game.
PLEASE HELP END THE BLAME GAME BUT..... PALIN IS A J E R K would have been a more accurate title.
And for clarity Richard, my opinion of Palin is very similar to my opinion of you. Indeed, you both have a lot in common in your styles.
Your post is right on. You speak the truth and I doubt if Richard can look inward enough to see it. He speaks of love, understanding, holding hands and singing "We are the world", and then spews out his own hateful speech always towards conservatives. Talk about hypocrisy. Thank you for putting him in his place, Respectful Effort. Robert is not a nice person. He is very vitrolic. That 3/4 + 1/4 equals what? And that should keep this person occupied for a long time while he or she consults his family members is extremely mean. Richard, if you sincerely want to end the "blame game", then do it.

Olive branches are accepted.
Robert Red Bluff

United States

#8 Jan 18, 2011
I'm growing more hopeful about America each day Sara Palin goes down in the polls. Finally, the truth has been brought to light about what Palin is all about. Palin is concerned about one thing- Sara Palin and how much money can she heap on herself.
A simple apology about the gun-sight target map and she would have been fine, but NOOOOOO! The mean lame-stream media is picking on poor Sara and she is going to quit. Wait, what can she quit now? We can only hope she quits talking and wasting everyone's time.
Had enough

Redding, CA

#9 Jan 18, 2011
Ben Rumson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is right on. You speak the truth and I doubt if Richard can look inward enough to see it. He speaks of love, understanding, holding hands and singing "We are the world", and then spews out his own hateful speech always towards conservatives. Talk about hypocrisy. Thank you for putting him in his place, Respectful Effort. Robert is not a nice person. He is very vitrolic. That 3/4 + 1/4 equals what? And that should keep this person occupied for a long time while he or she consults his family members is extremely mean. Richard, if you sincerely want to end the "blame game", then do it.
Olive branches are accepted.
Richard Mazz appears to have enough sense that he maybe reasoned with. I my be blunt , but I call it the way it is. As for Robert Red Bluff, he does not deserve a comment!

Since: Sep 10

Chico, CA

#10 Jan 18, 2011
Had enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Mazz appears to have enough sense that he maybe reasoned with. I my be blunt , but I call it the way it is....
I might agree with you to a certain degree, as I have witnessed Richard concede once in a while. I respect that in a person and I especially don't take it lightly when a person in Richard's position gets publicly grilled.

I have to admit that when I first read Richards column this week, I already had my fingers on the keys ready to commend him for a well written and positive plea. However, when I got to the part about Palin I was extremely disappointed to understand that it was just more of the same old, same old.

Again, NOT because I was defending Palin, but more that I was just that disappointed.

In my opinion Richard does this type of thing too often. Often enough that sometimes I really suspect Richard is more a bigot dressed in elevated consciousness clothing.

Perhaps Richard doesn't recognize his incongruous nature of what he writes or maybe he does.

“Stupidity should be outlawed”

Since: Nov 09

Redding, CA

#11 Jan 19, 2011
Respectful effort wrote:
<quoted text> I might agree with you to a certain degree, as I have witnessed Richard concede once in a while. I respect that in a person and I especially don't take it lightly when a person in Richard's position gets publicly grilled.
I have to admit that when I first read Richards column this week, I already had my fingers on the keys ready to commend him for a well written and positive plea. However, when I got to the part about Palin I was extremely disappointed to understand that it was just more of the same old, same old.
Again, NOT because I was defending Palin, but more that I was just that disappointed.
In my opinion Richard does this type of thing too often. Often enough that sometimes I really suspect Richard is more a bigot dressed in elevated consciousness clothing.
Perhaps Richard doesn't recognize his incongruous nature of what he writes or maybe he does.
I have to agree 100% Re.Go thru his posts and count the times he uses the term "vitriolic rhetoric, and sustainable".His posts seem to be turning into a form letter response no matter what the thread.I hope that he realizes how closely he resembles the very thing he rants against.I do agree that he does seem intelligent and articulate most of the time and in this case I felt the same about his post until the very same place you noticed. He then ran off the rails into the left ditch for no apparent reason..........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12 Jan 19, 2011
Rsnake460 wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree 100% Re.Go thru his posts and count the times he uses the term "vitriolic rhetoric, and sustainable".His posts seem to be turning into a form letter response no matter what the thread.I hope that he realizes how closely he resembles the very thing he rants against.I do agree that he does seem intelligent and articulate most of the time and in this case I felt the same about his post until the very same place you noticed. He then ran off the rails into the left ditch for no apparent reason..........
Form letter, ha! Agreed!

What a clever way to boil it down.

He is remarkably consistent in recycling his rhetoric. Perhaps he fears running short on his ability to continue his enlightened capabilities as a (self)glorified wordsmith.

Mr. Mazz is quite the expert at dissecting known information and rehashing ad nauseam, but it takes a truly creative and agile intellect to debate effectively. This, it seems, is where he falls short and often times his arguments end with very derogatory and demeaning epitaphs being hurled at those who merely wish to engage in a meaningful exchange of ideas.

Good form Rsnake!
chris redfield

Newark, NJ

#13 Jan 22, 2011
Robert Red Bluff wrote:
I'm growing more hopeful about America each day Sara Palin goes down in the polls. Finally, the truth has been brought to light about what Palin is all about. Palin is concerned about one thing- Sara Palin and how much money can she heap on herself.
A simple apology about the gun-sight target map and she would have been fine, but NOOOOOO! The mean lame-stream media is picking on poor Sara and she is going to quit. Wait, what can she quit now? We can only hope she quits talking and wasting everyone's time.
On your last sentence take out she and write in YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Red Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church vandalism Mon Jan alvarez 1
Coleen Stan Aug 6 Tina 1
News Red Bluff council to visit new taxi cab request... Aug 1 Cdartart 1
News Two Corning men injured Wednesday in Gallagher ... Jul 28 Ncio247 1
Review: Bob's Red Bluff Transmission (Sep '10) Jul 27 sue B 13
Anyone know Jerry Hahn Jul '17 MAILIPT 3
Judge Gibson lied in open Court to cover up wel... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Annonamus 17

Red Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Red Bluff Mortgages