Ticket For No Tail Light

Posted in the Rector Forum

wondering

Vincennes, IN

#1 Nov 8, 2011
I know someone that got a ticket from a rector cop for their tail light being out. Can they ticket people for that?
LOOKING

Dexter, MO

#2 Nov 8, 2011
Well Duhhh yaaaa it's the LAW that EVERYTHING must be in Working order!!!
inspections

United States

#3 Nov 8, 2011
LOOKING wrote:
Well Duhhh yaaaa it's the LAW that EVERYTHING must be in Working order!!!
U may be too young to remember when we had mandatory vehicle inspections for this very thing (and others). People were so happy when the law was changed to stop that saving them the yearly expense of the inspection. Police were handed the duty of ensuring vehicles were safe and road worthy. Now people gripe when they get a ticket for something that wouldn't have passed inspection. By the way, most states still require vehicle inspections.
its the law

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Nov 8, 2011
you're right it's the law that everything be in working order. Where i live now if you have a headlight or license plate ligh tburned out you get a citation. They say it's the drivers responsibility to check their vehicle before they drive it. I know it's very dangerous when you meet a car with a headlight out. as you might think it's a motorcycle and not give it enough room and hit it head on.
shelly

Vincennes, IN

#5 Nov 8, 2011
Some of the officers will give you a break if you don't have an attitude with them. A local officer recently stopped me and my boyfriend and said he was just making a courtesy stop and letting us know we had a headlight out. He was nice to us so we were nice to him.
mcdonalds

Germany

#6 Nov 9, 2011
my spouse got a ticket for a headlight being out last week in paragould.
mcdonalds

Germany

#7 Nov 9, 2011
she wanted me to fly in for court and i told her to just pay the ticket.
mcdonalds

Germany

#8 Nov 9, 2011
knowing her she probably got smart with him.

Vincennes, IN

#9 Nov 12, 2011
my husband got pulled over for a headlight being out in jonesboro and my husband got cranky with the cop saying that wasn't enough to be pulled over for and things like that so the cop went back to his car and when he came back he gave my husband 2 tickets, one for defective equipment and one for disorderly conduct and the cop told my husband that if he hadn't got smart he would have just gave him a warning. My husband was so mad I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO RAM THE COP CAR BUT HE DIDN'T.
KMA

Houston, TX

#10 Nov 12, 2011
Why have an attitude when you get stopped that will get you nowhere.

Be polite and friendly no matter how pissed you are, it will payoff in the long run.
right

Vincennes, IN

#11 Nov 17, 2011
KMA wrote:
Why have an attitude when you get stopped that will get you nowhere.
Be polite and friendly no matter how pissed you are, it will payoff in the long run.
you're right,never have an attitude with them even if they act like?
jlc

Canton, TX

#12 Nov 17, 2011
the reason you are supposed to make sure your light by the licens plate is working is so the cop can see the licens plate # to run it
sim

Vincennes, IN

#13 Nov 17, 2011
jlc wrote:
the reason you are supposed to make sure your light by the licens plate is working is so the cop can see the licens plate # to run it
i was told it's also so they can see if you have tags and if they are current
no lights

Kennett, MO

#14 Nov 26, 2011
came upon a truck coming into town when it was foggy and it just had one tail light and I came within about 1 foot of hitting it in the rear end. I now see why all the lights need to work, if they would have had 2 I might have saw it sooner.
shreavi

Germany

#15 Nov 26, 2011
was driving meet one with headlight out it was on my side i had to take the ditch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rector Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Nothing Between Y... 30,464
Are you for real? 5 hr terrie 2
Electric rates have went up yet again!!!! 6 hr sugerbear 5
where can i access public records free 9 hr asking 3
Carney Hood 12 hr funny 1
Found Dog Fri Guest 1
Shay Robinson Fri Chevy 02 1
Rector Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web