Since: Oct 11

United States

#1 Sep 2, 2012
Can someone explain to me why the burn ban is still on?
Ican

Ash Flat, AR

#2 Sep 2, 2012
Because our town officials are fucktards. It can come up a flood and still have the burn ban on which is retarded.

Dexter, MO

#3 Sep 2, 2012
We are still atleast 10 inches behind in rain fall for the year, the ground itself maybe soaked, but the vegetation has not had time to soak up the moisture.
But I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the ban will lift this week. Even if it is short lived.

Dexter, MO

#4 Sep 2, 2012
Ican wrote:
Because our town officials are fucktards. It can come up a flood and still have the burn ban on which is retarded.
The burn ban is issued by the county judge, not by individual townships
roni

Kennett, MO

#5 Sep 2, 2012
Guest wrote:
We are still atleast 10 inches behind in rain fall for the year, the ground itself maybe soaked, but the vegetation has not had time to soak up the moisture.
But I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the ban will lift this week. Even if it is short lived.
yu got to be about the dumbest person of the week if you think the vegetation isn't wet. The vegetation will get drier every day after the rain ,not wetter. I sure hope you don't work for the fire dept. with a brain like you have we could be in trouble.
roni

Kennett, MO

#6 Sep 2, 2012
it's as saturated as it can be at this point. the wind blowing on it will dry it out. Today would be a great day for burning so if you have leaves to burn light them things up. They will take the sign down in about 2 or 3 months.
Forestry service

Dexter, MO

#7 Sep 2, 2012
The burn ban prohibits anyone in the county from openly burning waste, like dried leaves or other brush. Farmers are exempt, but anyone caught illegally burning could be charged with a Class A Misdemeanor. The offense is punishable by a one-year jail sentence or $2,500 fine.

Kennett, MO

#8 Sep 2, 2012
someone should get off their asssessss and drop the burn ban. Yes the farmers get all the breaks and all the big welfare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rector Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crazy 43 min gossip 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Duke 30,644
Radio Repairs 16 hr Arkie 1
Roads Thu Allen 2
tyler james (May '14) Wed C - man 20
Jessica Curtis (Mar '10) Wed Jessica Curtis 10
Misty and josh farmer Wed Yaw 1

Flood Warning for Clay County was issued at March 06 at 4:56PM CST

Rector Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rector People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:28 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:28PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip
Bleacher Report10:29 PM
How Should St. Louis Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NBC Sports 4:30 AM
Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors
Bleacher Report12:13 PM
Buzz: Titans to Be 'Aggressive' in Free Agency