Sick of Ron Kemp & Christa Hedrick

Posted in the Rector Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

United States

#1 Feb 3, 2009
Is anyone else sick of Ron Kemp's total liberal views in his paper without anyone to have a different view? And who is this Christa Hedrick that he has for a "All about Rector news"
... All she does is go on and on about Barak Obama? Isn't she supposed to talk about Rectorites? And what is going on with us??? All she talks about is her political views and her yankee friends....oh and her liberal friends in town....every week it is the same people we DON'T KNOW AND WE DON'T CARE ABOUT....where the hell are.... the true the gal's Mrs. Cockran???? Mrs. Vaughn??? At least they wrote about the people we knew and kept politics out of it....Ron does enough of that one sided thing....yuk...yall need to do something about him....he is a so lib it hurts and he doesn't care to show it in his paper with no other view!!!!! Typical lib.....only they are right....quit buying his one sided paper and his little libs columns that are from Californication......time to stand up and put all of them out they are all outsiders and don't even belong in this town...what the hell...get them all and cleanse the town.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#2 Feb 3, 2009
See the crap of it is he makes you put your name his paper if you have a view and that stops alot of people, and he knows that....it is the left liberal way... don't agree with them you are OUT....but on here you can voice your opinion unless he does something illegal and finds out who you are.....so this blows his whole thing on control on the people of Rector....I am tired of him and his 'crew'....get him out!!!!!!! Been here to long and he is a dong!! He isn't even from Rector nor is father's or grandfather's...would someone like Crancer please stand up, you have people from here...you have history...he doesn't!!!!!!!!!! He needs to go back where he came from!!
Turgid Rage

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2009
Farmer Joe...you need to get away from where you are and then you might realize that Rector is no better or worse a place than any other place.

Farmer Joe...you sound like one of those mid-fifties white guys that participates in Civil War re-inactments.

Farmer Joe...you could start your own paper and it could be focused on 'real' Rector citizens. Unfortunately, I don't think you will include the 40% of Rectorites, some with 'history', that recieve public assisstance in your paper.

Farmer Joe...I think papers should publish the names of contributors because it stops people from writing complete gibberish and trash. I think that why you are upset.

Farmer Joe...Even in your own town you are an outsider. You know nothing about what goes on in Rector.
Dude

New Orleans, LA

#4 Feb 4, 2009
So there, Farmer Joe. Get a grip.
So write back

Alexander, AR

#5 Feb 4, 2009
Editorials are opinion pieces, so Ron has the right to write about whatever he wishes. And I believe every newspaper requires responses (letters to the editor) to have the author's name. That's only good business. I am guessing you would rather write on Topix, and hide behind the name Farmer Joe, than actually write in and balance the newspaper you say is so liberal. I don't agree with everything Ron says...but I get so sick of people complaining who are not willing to actually take steps to change what they believe is wrong.
rasputin

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2009
Dont read the paper stupid. i dont like naked men, so I dont read playgirl!

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2009
frock kemp
clay county

United States

#8 Feb 7, 2009
I lived in Rector from the time i was born till i was 30 years old and moved to Paragould. I hated Rector city limits then and still do, but paragould was no better. I now live in clay county and I love it. even with the ice storm I love it! I would rather live without electric, water, etc. than ever living in Rector again. I would live in a tent before I would go back. My point if you don't like the situation you are in then change it. i did and it works for me and my family. just took a while to all come together. I don't buy a rector paper. I refuse to even give them 75 cents or 1.00 , whatever the price is now. i could care less what they write. The "i don't give a shitt" attitude works well for me and my family.
chicken dung

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2009
Do you know what that little white speck in chiknshit is? Well thats Ron Kemp and crew. In other words him and his pals dont make a hill of beans to me or anyone else in this great big world, they are just looking for their small chunk of fame in that little crap hole of a town!
Christa Hedrick

Dexter, MO

#10 Feb 12, 2009
Farmer Joe, allow me to introduce myself. I am Christa Hedrick, a cantankerous old lady who lives in Rector and really loves it. Although my husband and I moved here about 15 years ago, I am a native, born right here in Rector at my grandparents' house, delivered by the senior Dr. Clopton. My mother was raised here as were her brother and sisters. One of the founders was an ancestor of mine.

There is much that could be done to improve the town. This can be said of any town. I have seen many improvements since I moved here and I have been willing to work to help those improvements. If you are a Rector resident you should be thanking the mayor and the city council for the things they have done that keep this town viable and safe. We just came through the worst ice storm in history and are just getting back to normal. Many small towns around lost not only power but water as well. Because the city government had purchased generators.

We had a warm place to be at the community center. We had food because of the efforts of Harp's, the school district and hundreds of volunteers. That is something any community should be proud of.

I don't know who you are so I don't know which committees you serve on, but I am sure there are numerous opportunities for you make things better here. You might even be able to write you own column in Ron Kemp's newspaper if you asked. You would, of course have to give your name and accept responsibility for your opinions.

As for my opinions, I have them, I sometimes share them and I welcome hearing those of others. Some of my friends are liberal and some are conservative. I don't ask for or need your approval. I don't write about anyone who doesn't give me permission and I put in all the news I get from whoever it comes. Please feel free to send me any of your news anytime.
Karen Langille

Enterprise, AL

#11 Feb 13, 2009
Go Christa!! I get so tired of these people on here just complaining and doing nothing. If you want people you know in the paper then call Christa!! She's not a mind reader(though sometimes I wonder) and doesn't know everyone in town. Sometimes the city really irritates me too, but they are doing the best that they can with what they have. As in any situation, if you don't like what's going on then do something about it. It's pretty easy to come on here and spout trash and not have to give a name. Christa, I enjoy your colomn--keep at it. And hey, I think you would make a great mayor if Ron doesn't run again.

“Hello Everyone”

Since: Feb 09

Richmond

#12 Feb 13, 2009
You Go Gal,

Glad you replied to this nonsense, Christa whoop some butt :)

UHM Christa they sound like liberals to me...
ha ha ha ha ha
to the right

United States

#13 Feb 13, 2009
I dont have problems with liberal views that Ron and Christa semm to have. My problem is liberal views are the only ones that seem to get printed in our over priced paper. Our newspaper should be fair and balanced, our country, county, and city is split almost fifty/fifty. I just dont see why our paper is so one sided.

Enterprise, AL

#14 Feb 13, 2009
Helloooooo..........Clay County DEMOCRAT,,,,,,,If you want some different views then submit them!! The paper is always looking for good news items and opinions. So--start a Republican/Conservative column......Of course it would be a committment and take longer than just getting on here once in a while and griping........
to the right

United States

#15 Feb 13, 2009
I have submitted them Karen Langille. Funny thing I never see them published, thanks for the idea though, I think I will start my own paper. It will cost fifty cents, be in color and be 25 pages or more. It will have balanced views and my staff will proof read every article and Candidates running for office won't have their interviews omited. It will be called Fox News Rector edition.
carl

Enterprise, AL

#16 Feb 13, 2009
to the right wrote:
I have submitted them Karen Langille. Funny thing I never see them published, thanks for the idea though, I think I will start my own paper. It will cost fifty cents, be in color and be 25 pages or more. It will have balanced views and my staff will proof read every article and Candidates running for office won't have their interviews omited. It will be called Fox News Rector edition.
go baby go!
Do you put your name

United States

#17 Feb 16, 2009
Do you write your name as the author of your comments? They cannot be printed if you don't.
to the right wrote:
to the right

United States

#18 Feb 16, 2009
Do you put your name wrote:
Do you write your name as the author of your comments? They cannot be printed if you don't.
<quoted text>
Yes I have. But if your views dont match Ron's then it doesn't get printed especially if its about those highly regarded Democrats.
Nonfarmer Rectorite

Dexter, MO

#19 Feb 17, 2009
Just so you know where I stand, Republicans make me sick, get off your soapbox. For the last 8 years you've treated BUSH like a god. He has ruined this countries reputation around the World, He, with the help of a Republican Congress has ruined our economy and now they are trying to blame Democrats as far back as Jimmy Carter for the problems that are happening today. Just keep listening to lies of Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity and you will never understand the truth about what is really going on in this country. Republicans hate poor people, they want to run everything. They use abortion and gun control as a wedge issue to get people to vote their way. People need to wise up, you have internet, USE IT. Go to Truthout.org and educate yourself and quitting putting down Liberals. Remember Jesus, his views were and still are LIBERAL....
Nonfarmer Rectorite

Dexter, MO

#20 Feb 17, 2009
Oh yeah and by the way, there is no such thing as the "Liberal Media", this also is Republican propaganda, I challenge you to find a liberal radio station other than on XM radio, now see how many conservative stations you can find, Yes there are still a few liberal newspapers, but conservatives control most of the newspapers also. Why to you think Republicans are so afraid that they may bring the Fairness Doctrine back. Its because they don't want people to hear the truth. It doesn't take a genius to see what the Republicans have been up to the last 8 years and it all started with them politicizing the Justice Department. Please educate yourselves, read Truthout.org . Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rector Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr --Bad Dad-- 38,307
Who is the HOmewrecker? Sat chickenhauler 7
Plumber needed (Oct '16) Fri sid 4
Faulkner (May '15) Jul 21 reallyagain 3
blacks in Rector (Jun '13) Jul 18 agree 89
Amish chicken house beautifies Hwy to Boydsville (Aug '16) Jul 16 Bob 12
Davey Jul 12 Slinky 2

Rector Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance