Pipkin of ARI
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jack

Carmi, IL

#1 Apr 14, 2008
Story Date: Sunday, April 13, 2008

Manager of plant faces trial for thefts

PARAGOULD — An American Railcar Industries plant manager is slated to go to trial Monday on a multi-count federal indictment, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

James Rondle PIPKIN of Rector is accused of stealing bulldozers, skidsteers, a backhoe and other heavy equipment from June 2004 to Sept. 15 of the same year. After the alleged thefts, PIPKIN and another co-conspirator sold the items out of state, according to the indictment.

The trial will likely get under way Monday afternoon after attorneys choose a jury that morning, said Administrative Assistant Cherith Beck with the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

PIPKIN’s trial was originally scheduled for Feb. 4, but his co-conspirator, Thomas Scott Miller of Trumann, was jailed in Mississippi in early February and couldn’t be arraigned in federal court in time for the trial, Beck said.

Miller’s attorney, Randel Miller, previously said his client has admitted “some culpability” and might testify for the government.

The Millers are not related.

PIPKIN continues to be employed at ARI, and none of the allegedly stolen items came from the company, according to ARI officials.

Thomas Scott Miller and PIPKIN are alleged to have stolen the equipment from Clay County, Jonesboro, Marked Tree, Memphis, Olive Branch, Miss., and Pemiscot County, Mo. Both were arrested last May and questioned about the thefts, according to the indictment.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Angela Jegley is prosecuting the case.

Repeated attempts to contact PIPKIN’s attorney, Chuck Banks of Little Rock, have been unsuccessful.

—George Jared



----------

Copyright 2008 Jonesboro Sun
slim

United States

#2 Apr 14, 2008
It's sad because Mr. Pipkin makes over 500 thousand a year that's ove half a million dollars a year.
undisclosed

Kennett, MO

#3 Apr 14, 2008
I think this is better called greed!!!! This is what is killing our country! GREED!!!!!!!
hampton

Kansas City, KS

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Does anyone know Mr. Pipkin?
Jack wrote:
Story Date: Sunday, April 13, 2008
Manager of plant faces trial for thefts
PARAGOULD — An American Railcar Industries plant manager is slated to go to trial Monday on a multi-count federal indictment, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
James Rondle PIPKIN of Rector is accused of stealing bulldozers, skidsteers, a backhoe and other heavy equipment from June 2004 to Sept. 15 of the same year. After the alleged thefts, PIPKIN and another co-conspirator sold the items out of state, according to the indictment.
The trial will likely get under way Monday afternoon after attorneys choose a jury that morning, said Administrative Assistant Cherith Beck with the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
PIPKIN’s trial was originally scheduled for Feb. 4, but his co-conspirator, Thomas Scott Miller of Trumann, was jailed in Mississippi in early February and couldn’t be arraigned in federal court in time for the trial, Beck said.
Miller’s attorney, Randel Miller, previously said his client has admitted “some culpability” and might testify for the government.
The Millers are not related.
PIPKIN continues to be employed at ARI, and none of the allegedly stolen items came from the company, according to ARI officials.
Thomas Scott Miller and PIPKIN are alleged to have stolen the equipment from Clay County, Jonesboro, Marked Tree, Memphis, Olive Branch, Miss., and Pemiscot County, Mo. Both were arrested last May and questioned about the thefts, according to the indictment.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Angela Jegley is prosecuting the case.
Repeated attempts to contact PIPKIN’s attorney, Chuck Banks of Little Rock, have been unsuccessful.
—George Jared
----------
Copyright 2008 Jonesboro Sun
hampton

Kansas City, KS

#5 Apr 15, 2008
Does anyone know Mr. Pipkin?

“I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR”

Since: Oct 07

WAY BACK IN THE HILLS

#6 Apr 15, 2008
slim wrote:
It's sad because Mr. Pipkin makes over 500 thousand a year that's ove half a million dollars a year.
how do you know that???
pet

Dexter, MO

#7 Apr 15, 2008
i HEARD HE MAKES THAT TOO..hIS HOUSE COST OVER HALF A MILLION BACK WHN IT WAS BUILY SEVERAL YEARS AGO..PROBABLY WORTH 1 MILLION NOW BIT THAT'S JUST 2 YEARS SALARY.
huh

Malden, MO

#8 Apr 16, 2008
slim wrote:
It's sad because Mr. Pipkin makes over 500 thousand a year that's ove half a million dollars a year.
I oubt he makes that much but he isn't hurting... Makes youwonder just ogrey he is to wan even moe. Hopefully the jury and ARI will see him for what he is and o the rght thing. I also wonder if he is capable of this then what has he stolen from ARI? Makes you wonder, huh!!!
Cable Guy

Dexter, MO

#9 Apr 16, 2008
I'm not sure what he makes but he's the boss over 3 factories
tommy

Trussville, AL

#10 Apr 17, 2008
You are abunch of dumb hillbillies, there is no way that house in clay county arkasas cost a million to biuld.there is no house in this shit county worth that
Ralph

Dexter, MO

#11 Apr 17, 2008
tommy wrote:
You are abunch of dumb hillbillies, there is no way that house in clay county arkasas cost a million to biuld.there is no house in this shit county worth that
You haveno idea, there are several million dollars homes in clay county. The Sains Approx.(750,000) the Pipkon was another high dollar there are about 4 that I can think of in piggot area also the blackshare home is another high dollars home. Someone recently built one down the road road the Sain's...Danny Ford in rector is another one...
Someone who Knows better

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Apr 17, 2008
The house cost nothing close to that absurd amount of money nor does he make anywhere close to that amount of money. I do not pretend to know his guilt or innocence. I do agree he was far from impoverished and I think it is sad he has ruined his reputation and career. As far as I can tell we are all human and we all make mistakes for various reasons. I believe Mr. Pipkin is human and I believe he will pay for his mistakes just like any of us would have to.
dave

Aurora, MO

#13 Apr 17, 2008
i heard the basement under the pipki house was over 150,000 the front doors were 15,000
rasputin

United States

#14 Apr 17, 2008
The cost of the house was 155000.I know the guy that built it .Not like it matters or anything. Just stating facts.
Someone who Knows better

Dawsonville, GA

#15 Apr 18, 2008
There is no basement in the house and rasoutin you are correct in your statement.
Someone who Knows better

Dawsonville, GA

#16 Apr 18, 2008
I am sorry, Rasputin, not rasoutin!!!
tiger

Trussville, AL

#17 Apr 18, 2008
Jack is a nice guy, who made a terrible mistake.He has damaged his reputation,and may go to prison.I myself feel sorry for his family.
Someone who Knows better

Dawsonville, GA

#18 Apr 18, 2008
I agree with you tiger. No one knows any one elses troubles fully.
rasputin

United States

#19 Apr 18, 2008
Very true,He is a nice guy
huh

Little Rock, AR

#21 Apr 18, 2008
tiger wrote:
Jack is a nice guy, who made a terrible mistake.He has damaged his reputation,and may go to prison.I myself feel sorry for his family.


This nice guy has stolen from people in your community. He has hurt the careers and reputations of alot of people. He has done harm to many people - put your pity elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rector Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 39 min BARNEYII 33,321
Poll who is the richest person in rector moneywise (Jan '08) 4 hr Earl the Pearl 46
Amish chicken house beautifies Hwy to Boydsville 4 hr Geraldo 11
rector nursing home (Aug '08) Jan 14 Always watching 25
corena Parrish (May '16) Jan 13 Threesome 2
j pratt n b morgan (Mar '11) Jan 13 Carma 40
Matthew laxton Jan 13 Us Marshal 3

Rector Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rector Mortgages