New Kensington student's performance ...

New Kensington student's performance heads to national competition

There are 2 comments on the Valley News Dispatch story from May 16, 2009, titled New Kensington student's performance heads to national competition. In it, Valley News Dispatch reports that:

For the next month, Rebecca Polinski and her group will practice, practice, practice to perfect their 10-minute skit that won first place as a group performance in the state's National History Day competition, advancing them to the national competition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Valley News Dispatch.

“Ken Hi and Springdale Hi”

Since: Jul 08

Glendale CA,

#1 May 16, 2009
Congratulations! It is very refreshing to read about students from my home town of New Kensington, not only being in the performing arts, but winning in some very tough competitions.
I have been reading about the decline of New Kensington and I know from experience (3 years on the Board of the Cultural and Fine Arts Commission of Sonoma, Ca.) that if you can stimulate cultural events, the city will be uplifted.
I teach and coach drama and have worked with a lot of children, as well as adults, I see how it up lifts them and stimulates them to be more assertive in the way they live. It teaches teamwork and discipline that is necessary to produce good characteristic traits. I commend the teachers who are encouraging and instructing these children. I hope to read more about them in the future.
Break a leg kids!
Richard

Meridian, ID

#2 Jun 3, 2014
Parsec Sam wrote:
Congratulations! It is very refreshing to read about students from my home town of New Kensington, not only being in the performing arts, but winning in some very tough competitions.
I have been reading about the decline of New Kensington and I know from experience (3 years on the Board of the Cultural and Fine Arts Commission of Sonoma, Ca.) that if you can stimulate cultural events, the city will be uplifted.
I teach and coach drama and have worked with a lot of children, as well as adults, I see how it up lifts them and stimulates them to be more assertive in the way they live. It teaches teamwork and discipline that is necessary to produce good characteristic traits. I commend the teachers who are encouraging and instructing these children. I hope to read more about them in the future.
Break a leg kids!
..... WELL- well - maybe some should read this you captioned in May 16,2009 !! Now before everyone gets all riled up over this I'm not speaking about anyone personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rebersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
outlaws mc in howard (Jan '11) Nov 13 Me looking to joi... 7
Dr kenwhal (May '17) May '17 Bobbie lynn 1
donielle paris (Oct '13) Aug '16 Yogi Bear 2
Brandie Merrill (Jan '16) Jan '16 Bossy bitch 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
News Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
News Centre Hall puts community in annual yard sale (Nov '08) Apr '12 tammy lansberry 3

Rebersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rebersburg Mortgages