People being harrased and followed unlawfully in WIlcox

Posted in the Rebecca Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Confused citzen of Wilcox

Fitzgerald, GA

#1 Sep 16, 2012
What's up with the cops being extremely needed, and feeling the need to follow people around and harrass people in Wilcox? I have been in both Rochelle and Abbeville and been followed by cops for no apparent reason... Almost like i'm a drug dealer and I'm being investigated... I do not use drugs... yet alone drink... Why am I being followed?
Confused citzen of Wilcox

Fitzgerald, GA

#2 Sep 16, 2012
Should I file a complaint against the cop... Its the same one EVERY time!
Citizen

Meansville, GA

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Yes! File the complaint about a cop driving behind you! Because cops aren't suppose to do that thing called patrol. It would make more sense to file a complaint about being pulled over all the time but having them fall in behind you while driving is nothing out of the norm. That's their job. Get over it and stop being paranoid.
Concerned 2

Douglas, GA

#4 Sep 17, 2012
File a complaint, talk to GBI and also ask them to give all the Wilcox Sheriffs officiers a DRUG test.....
trth_hrts

Douglas, GA

#5 Sep 17, 2012
You can file a complaint, but won't do you any good. Law enforcement officials are allowed to follow you for certain amount of time/miles. Good luck.
lana

Enfield, IL

#6 Sep 17, 2012
one would think if they had been out patrolling the home burglaries may not be happening in rochelle.
Citizen

Waverly Hall, GA

#7 Sep 18, 2012
That's the most ridiculous statement ever. They can't be at every house at once.
oh well

Alturas, FL

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Do like i did stop and ask them what do u want
Sammy

Macon, GA

#9 Sep 20, 2012
trth_hrts wrote:
You can file a complaint, but won't do you any good. Law enforcement officials are allowed to follow you for certain amount of time/miles. Good luck.
What are you talking about? Officers, like anyone else, can drive any public road at any time, behind any vehicle in their jurisdiction, without any legal limitation. There is no "timeframe" or "mileage" requirement to driving behind someone.
notsonicegirl

Moultrie, GA

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Officers, like anyone else, can drive any public road at any time, behind any vehicle in their jurisdiction, without any legal limitation. There is no "timeframe" or "mileage" requirement to driving behind someone.
I'm afraid there is.
notsonicegirl

Moultrie, GA

#11 Sep 20, 2012
Think about it... if a law enforcement officer could follow you as long and as far as they wanted to, why is there a statute listed under police misconduct that qualifies that as harassment? I see several cases coming thru this office involving this same matter.
Sammy

Macon, GA

#12 Sep 22, 2012
Ok, I believe you, just post the code section for it then, since you claim there is a statute. "Trust but verify"

And where is the "police misconduct" statute in Georgia law? I can't locate that one either (I have the website for LexisNexis open, ready to verify this too)

Sure are a lot of people believing heresay based nonsense.
notsonicegirl

Moultrie, GA

#13 Sep 25, 2012
That Statute for Police Misconduct is located in the law books and those books can be found in my office.
Sherry

Macon, GA

#14 Sep 26, 2012
notsonicegirl wrote:
That Statute for Police Misconduct is located in the law books and those books can be found in my office.
Sounds like a load of crap to me, why not post the link for all of us to see?(There isnt one)
Samy

Macon, GA

#15 Sep 27, 2012
As predicted, there is no code section posted, because there isn't one.

Amusing attempt to insinuate you are "somebody" by inviting us to your "office" when you don't even state where it is or what you do. How intimidating.

Just say you are assuming. It is ok. Seriously.
NEWSROOM

Moultrie, GA

#16 Sep 27, 2012
notsonicegirl wrote:
Think about it... if a law enforcement officer could follow you as long and as far as they wanted to, why is there a statute listed under police misconduct that qualifies that as harassment? I see several cases coming thru this office involving this same matter.
There is no statute titled "police misconduct" in O.C.G.A. Annotated. An officer however can be charged with violation of oath, for committing crimes. An officer however can be charged under Federal Statutes for Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law 18 U.S.C.~242
Samy

Macon, GA

#17 Sep 30, 2012
This is true, yet a vauge interpretation of those statutes. The reference was made to an officer following behind someone on a publc roadway, as somehow being "wromng" or "unlawful" or having some stpulations applied to that. The fact is, that is not a violation of oath of office, it does not constitute "police misconduct code" as previously claimed, there is no set of rules or standards in doing so, nor is doing so a violation of someone civil rights.
land shark

Alexander City, AL

#18 Nov 28, 2012
Samy wrote:
This is true, yet a vauge interpretation of those statutes. The reference was made to an officer following behind someone on a publc roadway, as somehow being "wromng" or "unlawful" or having some stpulations applied to that. The fact is, that is not a violation of oath of office, it does not constitute "police misconduct code" as previously claimed, there is no set of rules or standards in doing so, nor is doing so a violation of someone civil rights.
but their is an office who watch reported
Law emforcments violations for the state internal affairs devision .And also a office on a federal level.They are also senate oversight commities who investigate all branches.You just have to have proof and contact local news to get their attentions.You are right no law says misconduct but after that cop was going kill and eat them woman ,best not to follow no one,its a witch hunt and law men getting burned everyday.Age of the geek baby one video of any harrassment and it hits the net and goes viral.
Thomas

Macon, GA

#19 Nov 30, 2012
It still isn't illegal for a law enforcement officer to drive behind you for any amount of time while patrolling their jurisdiction, etc.
DBig

Eastman, GA

#20 Dec 1, 2012
Thomas wrote:
It still isn't illegal for a law enforcement officer to drive behind you for any amount of time while patrolling their jurisdiction, etc.
What do you expect him/her to do, pull over and let you get outta sight before they can drive down the road to? You must be ignorant..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rebecca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr silverfox 56,803
Tedra Wilcox! 6 hr Rockem 6
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr tammy101 2,072
searching (Dec '12) Sep 22 carl cnshaw 6
Bad Ass Barron Peebles (Feb '11) Sep 19 bothpigs 37
prostitute from florida?? Sep 19 joe 12
Gail Hall Bostic Sep 16 Saw it 2

Rebecca Jobs

Rebecca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rebecca News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rebecca

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]